What's new

Adding anything seems to dilute the effects for me. Why?

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
I have tried mixing in coconut water for the fat content. Very little. It seemed to dilute the potency for me. Tried orange juice as well and it did the same. Ive heard acid kills the lactones so that makes sense. But it seems like the consensus here is that having a fatty chaser increases effects.

Am I doing something wrong? Im ised to the taste now and dont care about changing it. Im just looking to get all the chilled out krunken goodness I can.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
Go plain, go stronger, I would not add a fatty emulsifier, but that is strictly my opinion.
Thats been my main method and seems to work the best. Im halfway krunked right now. Just want mooore and Im absolutely blowing through my bags of kava.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I notice with Tang, I like the taste but it can reduce some of the potency. If I add straight lime juice it doesn't reduce or boost potency. If I use V8 Splash or Welch's orange pineapple juice instead of water then it heightens the potency. Must be some oils in the juice snatching up extra kava lactones. I can really tell the difference in potency when using the aluball between these different methods I use of hiding the kava taste when my belly is acting up. It has been shocking how much the V8 and Welch's has been increasing the potency compared to just drinking the kava straight in water with the aluball.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Like this morning I only used one tablespoon in aluball of Lawena in Welch's orange pineapple juice and the kava still hit hard, at just one tablespoon. I did a second wash with juice again before I left for work and I am having a lovely kava work morning :)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
It is Friday after all huh. ;)@Squanch72

Yeah there's something about water only that has a clean feel to it that makes other stuff seem to dilute or increase .
Mainly dilute for me except milk.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
Used my AluBall for the first time last night with just water, seemed to work well. Will be stopping at the store on my way home this afternoon to pick up some of the Welch's orange pineapple juice. Should be a good weekend! (y)

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
Interesting. I may try coconut water again tonight and see how that works. Maybe itll work better this time.

nosuni

Kava Enthusiast
I find a little non-dairy creamer takes the bite away. The vast majority of the time, I just use water.

Mediteight

I'm in the minority here when I say eating with Kava makes the effects much more pleasurable and "buzzlike". I always drink a strong shell, have a nice big meal (Kava gives me major munchies), and then drink another shell or two and I'm right where I want to be. Extremely pleasurable. The effects are very short lived and sort of halfway there on an empty stomach or near empty stomach for me. Idk maybe something to try, like I said apparently the majority of people think it's a waste to drink kava on a full stomach but if you're willing to experiment at this point, why not?

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
I had a few sips of coconut milk in between cups last night. I was completely krunked. I think it was coincidence but not too sure. I think its RT......which I didnt believe in at first but now agree theres something to it.

Nirad

Kava Curious
I usually use just water in the aluaball, but then keep a bottle of thawed frozen concentrated orange pineapple juice in the fridge so I can add a tablespoon or so. Makes it quite pleasant and does not seem to affect the feel. Plus it doesn't clog up the ball with juice pulp.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
I'm in the minority here when I say eating with Kava makes the effects much more pleasurable and "buzzlike". I always drink a strong shell, have a nice big meal (Kava gives me major munchies), and then drink another shell or two and I'm right where I want to be. Extremely pleasurable. The effects are very short lived and sort of halfway there on an empty stomach or near empty stomach for me. Idk maybe something to try, like I said apparently the majority of people think it's a waste to drink kava on a full stomach but if you're willing to experiment at this point, why not?
Interesting, kava is reported to decrease appetite, maybe you've got a kava with more pronounced effects on the CB1 receptor, caused by yangonin, which has in fact been confirmed to be an agonist at the CB1 receptor. Or, you're just weird. :p

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I have tried mixing in coconut water for the fat content. Very little. It seemed to dilute the potency for me. Tried orange juice as well and it did the same. Ive heard acid kills the lactones so that makes sense. But it seems like the consensus here is that having a fatty chaser increases effects.

Am I doing something wrong? Im ised to the taste now and dont care about changing it. Im just looking to get all the chilled out krunken goodness I can.
Sorry I'm a bit late to the party here but definitely try it with milk. It doesn't aid extraction or anything like that, for me it helps my body use the kava. If I drink without milk I get reasonable effects but then the next morning it will still be hanging around in my system and not in a pleasant way. The milk makes sure my body has used up all the KL's that night. I mix 50/50 full fat milk and water these days and works fine without being too thick.

Also I think the milk does slow down absorption a fraction, as if you had eaten a little, but I mix my kava a bit stronger these days and get really nice effects with the right kavas.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
Well I am drinking it straight tonight and I am quite pleasantly krunked. I may go sip some coconut milk and see what that does but whew....I feel fantastic.

dr phalloid

Kava Enthusiast
I have used milk-coconut milk-olive oil+others,but I just use lechitin granules now.i soak them in warm water till they turn to liquid then add to mix it produces a strong kava.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
The kava munchies. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't and that's drinking the same kava.