What's new

Alcohol free lager - beware!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It might just be me but I wrecked my stomach last weekend drinking alcohol free lager! It's aggressively fizzy which could be the reason but I can usually drink a carbonated drink without too much trouble. Maybe there is something that is in it that disagreed with me? It's actually beyond my stomach, not the stomach itself.

I'm still not feeling 100% right now but I have managed to drink kava. I have had some medium grind today and it made me feel a bit tender so I might stick to instant for a few days, usually more gentle on the stomach. Anyway, I thought I'd pass on a bit of a warning, go steady if you're going to drink alcohol free lager. It's a shame because I actually quite enjoyed the taste. My theory about it is that normal lager does this to you too but the alcohol numbs the pain until the next day!

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
It might just be me but I wrecked my stomach last weekend drinking alcohol free lager! It's aggressively fizzy which could be the reason but I can usually drink a carbonated drink without too much trouble. Maybe there is something that is in it that disagreed with me? It's actually beyond my stomach, not the stomach itself.

I'm still not feeling 100% right now but I have managed to drink kava. I have had some medium grind today and it made me feel a bit tender so I might stick to instant for a few days, usually more gentle on the stomach. Anyway, I thought I'd pass on a bit of a warning, go steady if you're going to drink alcohol free lager. It's a shame because I actually quite enjoyed the taste. My theory about it is that normal lager does this to you too but the alcohol numbs the pain until the next day!
You've been to Kavafied's Modernesian, right ?
Did you ever try their Kava Lager ?
Actual beer with kava in it, but no alcohol

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
You've been to Kavafied's Modernesian, right ?
Did you ever try their Kava Lager ?
Actual beer with kava in it, but no alcohol
I went during the day and was just lucky to catch Matt packing some orders or no one would have been there! I didn't try the beer, he mixed me some kava with warm water and nearly blew my head off. I'm not used to heady kavas though.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
I have had hangover-like feeling (no headache of vodka, more like wine hangover buzz in head with mild intestinal comfort) from virtually zero alcohol fermented barley malt drink (it is called kvass, I think, an Eastern European thing).

Biogenic amines or byproducts of contaminating neutral bacteria (my not that educated guess).

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
This defeats the purpose of kava to me. It's a turnoff, I quit drinking alcohol and the last thing I would want is beer associated with my kava.
Just speculating, but I thought it might serve a purpose in some cases, to help alcoholics transition from beer to kava ?
Just a theory. Not sure if it actually works that way.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Those 0.0 heinikens helped me a lot with alcohol cravings. I swear I get a mild placebo effect from it and find it delicious. Low calorie and goes down smooth and gets that "taste for beer" out of me without ingesting alcohol.
Well the Heineken still has a lot if hops, and hops have their own calming effects. On another note, I had an O'Douls at a Mexican restaurant because they didn't have Heineken 0.0 . Definitely not as good...

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Come on! A load of blokes kicking a ball about... mind you I would say that although I have watched and enjoyed American Football it is very stop start compared to soccer. Soccer is a lot more free flowing gameplay with the ball going end to end in seconds sometimes. American Football seems to be a lot of action and then a lot of standing about and talking about stuff for ages before anything happens again!

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
Well the Heineken still has a lot if hops, and hops have their own calming effects. On another note, I had an O'Douls at a Mexican restaurant because they didn't have Heineken 0.0 . Definitely not as good...
See now I never knew that I'm gonna be looking this up now lol.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Come on! A load of blokes kicking a ball about... mind you I would say that although I have watched and enjoyed American Football it is very stop start compared to soccer. Soccer is a lot more free flowing gameplay with the ball going end to end in seconds sometimes. American Football seems to be a lot of action and then a lot of standing about and talking about stuff for ages before anything happens again!
I love tactics and strategy in gameplay, and soccer has the most intelligence of contact sports. The formation match ups and link-up play and pressing/defending binary is super interesting. It takes years of watching it religiously to really get into it. Almost like learning to play the banjo ;)

American Football is great, and baseball is my second favorite sport because the tactics are also off the charts amazing. That's about it for me unless you consider surfing a sport.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I love tactics and strategy in gameplay, and soccer has the most intelligence of contact sports. The formation match ups and link-up play and pressing/defending binary is super interesting. It takes years of watching it religiously to really get into it. Almost like learning to play the banjo ;)

American Football is great, and baseball is my second favorite sport because the tactics are also off the charts amazing. That's about it for me unless you consider surfing a sport.
I've always like Football better than American Football. And I am from the country with the best team in the world. (Brazil). I grew up on Football and F1, our other favorite passtime.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Well, it has been awhile since Brazil has won an international cup, but I agree with you that Brazil produces the best football players in the world.

France is currently the best team, but most of their players are African. The Brazil team is actually made up of Brazilians.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Well, it has been awhile since Brazil has won an international cup, but I agree with you that Brazil produces the best football players in the world.

France is currently the best team, but most of their players are African. The Brazil team is actually made up of Brazilians.
Brazil has earned 5 ::tanoafull:: No other country has 5.
France has earned 2 ::tanoafull::not bad but not 5, lol.
Brazil, Germany or France have the best chance in 2022, imo. Maybe Spain too.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Not going to challenge Brazil’s record, that’s for sure.

For 2022 World Cup I’d still put Belgium, France, and England as the major contenders. I’d love the cup to get outside of Europe, but I just don’t see it for at least the next 8 years.