What's new

Aluball

nosuni

Kava Enthusiast
I love my aluball, I use two in an original Blender Bottle because my AluBall shaker leaks. I use 3 tablespoons split between the two balls and 350ml of water, it makes a very strong drink after shaking for about a minute. I find it comparable to traditional prep, but much easier.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
Well I just ordered one from Amazon, will be here tomorrow. Where can you buy an extra ball from? I saw one on Amazon but they wanted like $15 for it. Would be better off just buying another complete AluBall.

EQ

Atman
Well I just ordered one from Amazon, will be here tomorrow. Where can you buy an extra ball from? I saw one on Amazon but they wanted like $15 for it. Would be better off just buying another complete AluBall.
The shaker bottle is like $5 the ball is $15 separately. The ball is really the big deal. A ball with small pockets of 75 micron straining. Nothing can beat it at what it does.
Even just getting a 75 micron strainer bag for traditional prep will run you money.

@nosuni It is probably leaking because you aren't screwing the lid on well enough. It is more difficult than it should be but oh well. Put the lid over top the bottle, and with your palm over top of it press down and have it snap down. Once it has snapped in all the places it needs to than start screwing it in.
It is also important to do this with the ball to avoid it being extremely difficult to unscrew after the shake.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It is also important to do this with the ball to avoid it being extremely difficult to unscrew after the shake.
Definitely don't overtighten the balls, really hard to get open with wet hands!

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
So I've had the chance to use my AluBall a couple of times now. Love the convenience and ease of making a Kava drink, but the single ball just doesn't make it potent enough for what I'm looking for. I've been putting in 2 1/2 tbsp with one cup of liquid, then a second wash with only a 1/2 cup of liquid. I'll then repeat this same process with a fresh batch of root powder.

So I just ordered a second AluBall and will try the two balls in one vessel method. I'm thinking this will get me where I want. Again love the ease of making Kava with this device.

Also @Squanch72 was absolutely right about using Welch's orange pineapple juice! Wow, tasted awesome!