What's new

Am I a Aluball cannibal?

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
I have Aluballs up to the roof because I keep getting tears in the metal and that fill my bottle with an unpleasant thickness as the root leaks in that I'm trying to avoid. What am I doing to these poor balls?

Transcent

Kava saved my life
My theory is that they are built to break. Like your phone or your car. The balls strain dirt for god's sake

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
My theory is that they are built to break. Like your phone or your car. The balls strain dirt for god's sake

The shelf life on mine are absolute garbage I don't get anywhere near enough out of how much I spend it's actually absurd. I've tried straining but I'm a invalid or something because the grog is always medicore.

Transcent

Kava saved my life
I usually blend and strain. Its hard not to make strong grog that way. If you cant get it right tgat way then its probably the root

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
I've got one of the original balls that have lasted me a little over 100 shakes probably. But I shake super lightly cause Ive heard everyone else's experiences. How many uses do you get in before one usually breaks?

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
The AluBalls I have always last for a year or more. Also recent ones, which I bought early this year, are still fine. So in my opinion AluBalls are quite durable if handled properly.

kw2292

Kava Curious
I have Aluballs up to the roof because I keep getting tears in the metal and that fill my bottle with an unpleasant thickness as the root leaks in that I'm trying to avoid. What am I doing to these poor balls?
Mine always used to last a reasonable time for the cost (several months at least), but now my most recent 4 pack I’ve had two bust on me in under a month, and one of them broke like the second time I used it. Thinking I must have gotten a bad ball as my method hasn’t changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
With the newer version of the Aluball shaker (curved bottom fitted to ball), I've had great long term use. The only possible caveat is that I always rinse with hot water and wipe the screens with soft cloth/paper towel. Otherwise you can get diminished kavalactones as the mesh approaches 20% clog.

INeedToChill

Stay Golden, Ponyboy
Ok, I'm totally pulling this out of my ass because I don't even own an Aluball, but do you think meeting the roots steep (soak) in the warm water for a like 5 minutes before shaking would help? Or do you already do that? Lol

I make mine the old traditional way, but it always helps to make the grog stronger by letting it "chill" (not really) in the warm water for a while. But like I said, not sure if you ball guys already do this or not, but if you don't, definitely try it as I would think it would help to preserve your balls. Good luck!!

Excuse me while I go tend to my non-ball having business lol :joyful:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
My balls are in very good shape and they last a very long time. Using a plastic bag when you seal the top makes a huge difference in not ruining your balls, IMO. Also, they can be repaired and the repaired ones can last a very long time.

tutti196

Kava Curious
My balls are in very good shape and they last a very long time. Using a plastic bag when you seal the top makes a huge difference in not ruining your balls, IMO. Also, they can be repaired and the repaired ones can last a very long time.
how you repair that I kill my alluballs to fast