What's new

Any opinions or experience appreciated

schatz

itchin for kava
Hello I am new here and was just wondering if anybody has had any experience using Big Kava.com premium waka, and or Wakakava.com they both sell on Amazon. I have used and did acetone test on the Wakakava Luwena and Waka and both showed good, I also personally used them both and got good results I think. I am rather new to this and appreceiate any feedback from youall that I can get. I will probably quit ordering from Amazon now that I have found this forum and have educated myself somewhat, and again thanks.

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
I've found BigKava to be tasty and effective, and a great deal at $35/lb. My only BigKava complaint is the super fine grind. A lot gets through the strainer and into the drink. A little more toss-and-wash than I like.

Last edited:

schatz

itchin for kava
I've found BigKava to be tasty and effective, and a great deal at $35/lb. My only BigKava complaint is the super fine grind. Alot gets through the strainer and into the drink. A little more toss-and-wash than I like.
Good to hear, will probably give it a try tonight. I think it is a good nighttime kava if I am not mistaken? Thanks for the quik reply.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Maybe someone else will chime in on BigKava's effects. I'm not the best judge as most kavas seem to work the same on me and I think they are all good nighttime kavas!
You and I are very similar in that regard. After a while you kinda loose track of heady/heavy and it's more like "Does it work really well?" or "Does it work at all?". I think this may account for my misclassification of Squanch kava as a heavy kava.

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
Exactly, my experience is either a kava works, or doesn't, or is strong or weak. I definitely get a nice relaxing head rush on the first shell of a good kava (GHK Mahakea or Kalm's Loa work well for me) then just try and maintain it though the session. I don't think I've ever felt any "body effects" and I've never been put to sleep. Maybe I've just never tried a real "heavy" kava? I'll have to try two different strains with opposing reputations on consecutive nights to see if I pick up on it. Any sugestions?

schatz

itchin for kava
I went ahead and tried the Big kava Waka last night four a 4 hour session ending with 4 oz at the end. Fell asleep within 10 minutes and slept like a baby all night. I performed the ultrasonic bath extraction for 30 minutes and then second hand wash for 10. This may have contributed to the sedateing effect.Tonight I will try traditional extraction and see if any difference. Here is a pic of the acetone test, looks more brown in pic than actual. Any opinions on the color would be appreciated since I have only been doing this for week. I will test my Kava.com premium powdered Vanautu kava root and post pics tomorrow. Thanks Kava acetone test Bjg kava 001.JPG

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
That's interesting, thanks for sharing the photo. I'd like to hear someone else's opinion on your acetone test as well. I also drank BigKava last night, I find it works and is tasty but is not terribly strong. I slept fine but awoke this morning with a screaming headache, like I chugged a bottle of $3 wine before bed. I know that BigKava has their own lab tests posted on their website but I would still like to see a 3rd party test result. I don't think True Kava (@Deleted User) has tested it and I'm not sure if they are working on it. Haven't seen any post from Deleted User in over a month, I hope everything is ok.

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
Deleted User's original test result is noble, my unprofessional result was satisfyingly noble-esque.
But as it goes with any kava that isn't straight from the farm, one verified noble reading doesn't necessarily guarantee all future batches to be the same.
I understand that, that's why I think the work that True Kava is doing is so important. I've never had any two day and don't really have an opinion on it but I don't want anything that could damage the reputation of Kava floating around.

schatz

itchin for kava
Here is a pic of the Kava.com I ordered before reading about it here on the forum. I also ordered the paste, and am not going to even bother testing before sending back. Hopefully I can get a refund. kava test 001.JPG Kava acetone test Bjg kava 001.JPG

schatz

itchin for kava
After further research and thoughts about kava, I am going to try the Kava.com kava and although a newbie here Iwill at least give it a go to be fair to Kava.com. I shall let you guys know my findings if you may be interested.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
After further research and thoughts about kava, I am going to try the Kava.com kava and although a newbie here Iwill at least give it a go to be fair to Kava.com. I shall let you guys know my findings if you may be interested.
Don't worry. You never have to question if we're interested in hearing about someone's kava experience :) Let us know!

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Kava.coms Vanuatu kava isn't too bad. It tastes stale and it smells musty, but the effects are decent. It's probably a borogu or something of that sort.

schatz

itchin for kava
A very interesting experience, very strong results but enjoyable. This tastes like a ground up pinecone, is this normal for a Vanautu noble kava? I might revisit this experience if I could get over the taste, and my wife would not sleep with me because she said I smelled really bad, I had showered eaelier in the day. I did not notice any hangover symptoms and slept really well. Maybe I am one of those people that can handle tudie kava or this might be the real deal, any advice would be appreciated.

Ena Barry

Kava Curious
Hello I am new here and was just wondering if anybody has had any experience using Big Kava.com premium waka, and or Wakakava.com they both sell on Amazon. I have used and did acetone test on the Wakakava Luwena and Waka and both showed good, I also personally used them both and got good results I think. I am rather new to this and appreceiate any feedback from youall that I can get. I will probably quit ordering from Amazon now that I have found this forum and have educated myself somewhat, and again thanks.
------
I've found BigKava to be tasty and effective, and a great deal at $35/lb. My only BigKava complaint is the super fine grind. A lot gets through the strainer and into the drink. A little more toss-and-wash than I like.
"Tasty" sounds really good to me. I am new to kava, and the awful taste that everybody is talking about (when "chugging" or "gulping" :LOL: kava drinks) is, of course, my main concern.
I went to the BigKava web site, but there is a link in there that takes you back to the Amazon web site when you click on the product that you want to order.
Where are you planning to buy this?

schatz

itchin for kava
------

"Tasty" sounds really good to me. I am new to kava, and the awful taste that everybody is talking about (when "chugging" or "gulping" :LOL: kava drinks) is, of course, my main concern.
I went to the BigKava web site, but there is a link in there that takes you back to the Amazon web site when you click on the product that you want to order.
Where are you planning to buy this?
I orderered my Bigkava from the amazon site and it was effective, it was mellow tasteing for the kavas that I have tried. I am a newbie also, and have tried 6 different strains so far, and havent found one that is really hitting all the bases for me yet. I guess everybody finds their perfect kava through trial and you just have to break through the reverse tolerance also. I dont think reverse tolerance effected me, I was one of the lucky ones, my first drink and it hit me. My daughter on the other hand thought I was nuts, she wasnt haveing any effects for the last three weeks and last night we tried the WOW and she finally broke through and was amazed at results. I think from what I am reading and learning if I was to start over I would probably have started with GHK brand. Thats where I am going next, I here its more of ahappy energetic kava, now I have 6lbs of other kavas I have to use up first or my wife is going to get upset with me, getting expensive but I think the results are worth it.