What's new

Anyone try fijifreshkava?

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Anyone else have any feedback? I'm going to buy some but haven't determined if it's my confirmable next purchase.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Anyone else have any feedback? I'm going to buy some but haven't determined if it's my confirmable next purchase.
Tonight will be day 3 on this kava. It's good. It makes me cut up and laugh before bed, and bed time is, for me, serious business so that says something pretty loudly. No issues sleeping. It comes on smoothly and ramps up to full power slowly. The taste is extremely good for powdered kava. Easy to drink. I think one of the selling points was that this was a very social kava, and I have to agree with that. It's a "happy" kava.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Tonight will be day 3 on this kava. It's good. It makes me cut up and laugh before bed, and bed time is, for me, serious business so that says something pretty loudly. No issues sleeping. It comes on smoothly and ramps up to full power slowly. The taste is extremely good for powdered kava. Easy to drink. I think one of the selling points was that this was a very social kava, and I have to agree with that. It's a "happy" kava.
You got the straight waka not the blend correct?

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
The taste of this kava is surely to be noted! Initial smell had hints it was going to be a potent brew thought the taste was going to be strong too, but the taste is so so mellow and the effects are spot on and strong! 5/5 kava
You're right about the smell. Very fresh and potent fijian scent.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Well, I must've ordered mine too late to get in for the Wednesday shipment, so I gotta wait another week to try the waka. But I do want to say that I love their website, very articulate and very interesting; great website!

FijiFreshKava

https://fijifresh.com
Kava Vendor
@FijiFreshKava, When your website says "only a few left," does that mean that you are almost out of the whole roots that you pound or that you pound more than you send out on a Wednesday?
No, we have a large supply of whole roots that will last through December. Then we will go to Fiji to pack another shipping container.

The 'almost left' notice happens when we're reaching a limit on our production for the week. For the moment, I'm going to remove the inventory tracking because we haven't reached our production limit.

I also noticed the combo pack was sold out but we definitely can make more. If that's what you wanted, try again.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
No, we have a large supply of whole roots that will last through December. Then we will go to Fiji to pack another shipping container.

The 'almost left' notice happens when we're reaching a limit on our production for the week. For the moment, I'm going to remove the inventory tracking because we haven't reached our production limit.

I also noticed the combo pack was sold out but we definitely can make more. If that's what you wanted, try again.
Thanks! I was just curious. I had already placed an order late on Monday that must be getting sent out this coming Wednesday (or the tiny town I'm in just takes 4 days to ship to). I was just curious if it was going to pounded this week, or if it was already pounded and just awaiting shipment. Thanks for your quick response!
I'm looking forward to trying your product!!

FijiFreshKava

https://fijifresh.com
Kava Vendor
Thanks! I was just curious. I had already placed an order on Tuesday that must be getting sent out this coming Wednesday. I was just curious if it was going to pounded this week, or if it was already pounded and just awaiting shipment. Thanks for your quick response!
I'm looking forward to trying your product!!
We only pounded the kava that shipped last Wednesday. If you ordered after last Sunday at 9pm, I have your order and we will pound the kava on Monday and Tuesday.

By the way, we need to let the kava cool down a little before packing because the pounding releases some moisture and the kava has a different consistency. It's kind of tacky. I'm not sure why we couldn't pack this, but my partner Rakesh who does the pounding says we need to wait another day.

If you buy whole roots and grind them in a coffee grinder, it comes out the same way: a little tacky. The smell immediately after pounding is a little different, too.

I realize the way I'm doing this is different than what everyone else does, so I am happy to answer any questions here (nice so everyone can see) or you can email me at [email protected].

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
::kavaleaf:: I loved the Fiji Fresh waka...very nicely balanced, I can feel it hit behind my eyes on one shell. Heady but not edgy, heavy but not too sickening or sluggish like a more strictly heavy kava would be. It's kinda like a stronger version of Wakacon's waka to me...the perfect effect/chemotype. As a 'hard-head', I'd still love it to be stronger...or green...but it's definitely as strong as most of the other 'strong' kavas out there. On one occasion I mixed roughly 4 Tbsp Fiji Fresh with 4 Tbsp Nangol Noble and the resulting grog was even better(stronger) than either on their own...it was one of the few remarkable experiences I've had this year.
::chugger::

Last edited:

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I thought the waka was very pleasant. It has a pleasing fresh scent and the taste isn't too overpowering. I felt a noticeable mood lift and more muscle relaxation/muscle spasm pain relief than I have experienced from kava in the past year or so. The higher levels of M and DHM really seem to add to the medicinal aspects. It doesn't have enough DHM to be really sedating, though. I kinda wish it had a 4652xx chemotype. I can see a lot of potential for blending...