What's new

Anyone want a bag of Pana'Ewa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
For some strange reason (was I krunked and didn't know it? That would be a shame), I ordered two bags of Pana'Ewa. I didn't really want one let alone two. So if anyone wants a bag, I'm putting them up on the market place for $20 a bag (1/2lb) including shipping. Hurry on over!

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
I just tried to purchase but an error message popped up saying something along the lines of "couldn't continue, item price must not be $0 "

It was more technical sounding than that, but that was what it was conveying lol.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Oh really? That's weird. Let me put another listing up in the other market (not the member classifieds). Give me a minute. If that doesn't work, just pm me and we'll do it that way.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Ok, so I've edited the original listing in the member classifieds. Sorry about that! Can you try again?

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
I think I cannot select a quantity so it would probably be best if you just set the price to $40 :)

Basically, not sure if they charge you fees etc but I would avoid having two separate $20 charges for simplicity.

I've bought a few things on the Kava Market and I don't recall ever seeing a quantity selector and just now I went as far as the "Pay" button after I logged into Paypal and there was no quantity selector either. Just a pay button to complete the payment.

Last edited:

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
Ordered and thank you! But the quantity was still set to 2 so there is probably still 1 in stock, you will want to change that :)

Sorry about your krunken mistake lol. I still have yet to try this kava so I am looking forward to something new regardless of its effects lol.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
thanks! I will delete the entire listing once I've got all your info. Will try to get it mailed off to you today!

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Aw I missed my chance! Zentri, hopefully you will like it, it's like Nene but with more body notes. It's not an in your face kava, it's a subtle and mellow effect

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
Aw I missed my chance! Zentri, hopefully you will like it, it's like Nene but with more body notes. It's not an in your face kava, it's a subtle and mellow effect
That is promising to hear, everyone is different and so far the couple Hawaiian kava's I've tried haven't been as body focused as I'd like, but honestly Chris' kava is so clean and for that price, plus getting to try a new strain, it was definitely worth it.

I haven't tried Nene but I did try Honokane Iki and Hanakapi Ai and neither were really for me, good but I prefer more body effects. I like Dua Na Bilo very much, KWK Loa Waka is good too.

A good friend and I look forward to trying it!

ThePiper

Kava Lover
It definitely won't pack as much of a punch as loa Waka or as I've heard dua bilo can. Why didn't you like the other Hawaiians?

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
It definitely won't pack as much of a punch as loa Waka or as I've heard dua bilo can. Why didn't you like the other Hawaiians?
Just nowhere near as much potency as I was expecting, especially the Hanakapi Ai ... not putting it down or anything, but for the premium price and the 11 year plus it being a waka, me and my friend both expected it to be quite a bit stronger. But I guess we are looking for different effects or our body chemistry is weird.

I think we're just more into the Dua Na Bilo and Loa Waka type effects, so far our favorite is Dua Na Bilo I'd have to say ... though I've been enjoying the Cactus Kava Malolo I ordered a couple weeks ago, more body effects and chill, I still feel like I probably like Dua Na Bil or Loa Waka more plus they are both considerably cheaper than GHK or even Cactus.

It's not that I don't like the "heady" effects, I just also want more body effects than I felt from Hanakapi Ai or Honokane Iki (I know this one is supposed to be weird and super focused, I definitely felt almost too much kavain with it at times, almost made me feel wired sometimes)

Those two both felt extremely clean and pure, probably partially due to Chris' great soil and organic growing methods and the care he takes in his plants, but weren't as relaxing body wise, I need more of a chill sedative effect. I tried KWK Borongoru and everyone say that is super sedative but it was almost too much or not balanced enough, it didn't seem as potent as Dua Na Bilo or Loa Waka and was missing something .. probably the heady effects lol.

So yeah maybe I'm weird but my good friend I mentioned, has tried every strain of kava I've tried including all those I mentioned and he agrees with me on these matters, he also preferred Dua Na Bilo and KWK Loa Waka. And he's not just casually drinking a cup at my house every now and then, he usually buys a half pound off me or more and drinks it on his own time and with me and some days we make big batches and enjoy it for hours.

Someone told me I was wrong to get Hanakapi Ai (even though I saw other say it was "the zombie kava" - to me and my friend it's anything but that) and that I should have gotten Papa Kea (I think?) because it's more sedative ... but everyone is different. I mean no offense to anyone or Chris but sadly I was basically a bit put off trying more Hawaiian strains for a bit due to their cost and the fact both strains I've tried haven't really been anything at all what I'm looking for and both orders took something like 7 days to get here with priority mail which is kinda crazy but I guess Hawaii is kinda slow even though Priority is supposed to be 2-3 days.

But $40/lb for the Pana'Ewa yeah I had to try it ... organically grown kava is absolutely worth that even if it's not exactly what I'm looking for, I can mix it with something else which I usually enjoy and I get to try another Hawaiian strain I've yet to try ... because one of them has to be for me! lol.

Sorry this thread turned into something completely different ... hopefully someone can gleam some knowledge from our opinions at least lol.

Last edited:

tonythefiddler

Kava Curious
Just nowhere near as much potency as I was expecting, especially the Hanakapi Ai ... not putting it down or anything, but for the premium price and the 11 year plus it being a waka, me and my friend both expected it to be quite a bit stronger. But I guess we are looking for different effects or our body chemistry is weird.

I think we're just more into the Dua Na Bilo and Loa Waka type effects, so far our favorite is Dua Na Bilo I'd have to say ... though I've been enjoying the Cactus Kava Malolo I ordered a couple weeks ago, more body effects and chill, I still feel like I probably like Dua Na Bil or Loa Waka more plus they are both considerably cheaper than GHK or even Cactus.

It's not that I don't like the "heady" effects, I just also want more body effects than I felt from Hanakapi Ai or Honokane Iki (I know this one is supposed to be weird and super focused, I definitely felt almost too much kavain with it at times, almost made me feel wired sometimes)

Those two both felt extremely clean and pure, probably partially due to Chris' great soil and organic growing methods and the care he takes in his plants, but weren't as relaxing body wise, I need more of a chill sedative effect. I tried KWK Borongoru and everyone say that is super sedative but it was almost too much or not balanced enough, it didn't seem as potent as Dua Na Bilo or Loa Waka and was missing something .. probably the heady effects lol.

So yeah maybe I'm weird but my good friend I mentioned, has tried every strain of kava I've tried including all those I mentioned and he agrees with me on these matters, he also preferred Dua Na Bilo and KWK Loa Waka. And he's not just casually drinking a cup at my house every now and then, he usually buys a half pound off me or more and drinks it on his own time and with me and some days we make big batches and enjoy it for hours.

Someone told me I was wrong to get Hanakapi Ai (even though I saw other say it was "the zombie kava" - to me and my friend it's anything but that) and that I should have gotten Papa Kea (I think?) because it's more sedative ... but everyone is different. I mean no offense to anyone or Chris but sadly I was basically a bit put off trying more Hawaiian strains for a bit due to their cost and the fact both strains I've tried haven't really been anything at all what I'm looking for and both orders took something like 7 days to get here with priority mail which is kinda crazy but I guess Hawaii is kinda slow even though Priority is supposed to be 2-3 days.

But $40/lb for the Pana'Ewa yeah I had to try it ... organically grown kava is absolutely worth that even if it's not exactly what I'm looking for, I can mix it with something else which I usually enjoy and I get to try another Hawaiian strain I've yet to try ... because one of them has to be for me! lol.

Sorry this thread turned into something completely different ... hopefully someone can gleam some knowledge from our opinions at least lol.
Man i got almost no effects from hanakapi and the mo'i somehow gave me decent effects one time only, the whole rest of the bag did nothing. Dua na bilo and loa waka are my go-tos as well, along with 11 year waka from bula, you should try that one if ya haven't it seems like we have similar chemistry!

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
With papa kea I got balanced heady and heavy effects similar to kavafied waka and kadavu waka. I like vula and dua a lot too but the previous three are more heady and just as heavy or more heavier. Over all more krunk. Hanakapi for me is very heavy and probably the only ghk kava that causes me to wake up late.

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
With papa kea I got balanced heady and heavy effects similar to kavafied waka and kadavu waka. I like vula and dua a lot too but the previous three are more heady and just as heavy or more heavier. Over all more krunk. Hanakapi for me is very heavy and probably the only ghk kava that causes me to wake up late.
Hanakapi Ai, at least this recent batch (only batch I've tried), for me was not very potent at all, not sedative at all, heady but not really that enjoyable and my best friend agreed ... It was not what we were expecting.

I got the Pana'Ewa though and have had a few sessions with it and I do believe I like it more than the Honokane Iki or Hanakapi Ai, the Pana'Ewa seems a bit more sedative/chill to me but also still awake/focused with a nice fun socialbility, so I'm definitely glad I got it. The smell of the powder itself seemed very strong and more "dirty rooty" smelling than most kava's, which I found interesting. Flavor is very smooth though with almost no spice, really smooth.

Thanks again @kilakila :D

I'm very interested to try the 11 year from Bula @tonythefiddler but I believe they announced they are getting rid of it soon ..

Makes me kinda not want to try it because I might absolutely love it and be sad it's gone lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.