What's new

Best Beginniner's Kava?

spacegirlelt

Daydreamer
I just some money, and I am looking to get some kava, which do I start out with? Looking for a heady/heavy mix. Thinking of starting out with Kalm with Kava and/or products from Bulu Kava House as well as Gourmet Premium Kava. Any recommendations?

Roaddog

Kava Who?
GHK, has some really good micronized kava. Its also very easy to prepare, and can be made with fruit juices, for taste. Much love. Roaddog....

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Hi @Roaddog can I ask, what is the difference between micronized and instant? Aren't they prepped the same way? Both can be just mixed with water or juice and down the hatch?
Hello @spacegirlelt , sorry to butt in your thread but I have the same question as you, so I figured I'd jump in :)
Well this is how Chris from @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava , says he makes his instant, and his micro. Hope this helps.

Instant Kava. Instant Kava is made by dehydrating prepared Kava Tea until all that remains is the pure instant granules. Perfect for beginners and super convenient. Just put a spoon full of Instant Kava in water or your favorite fruit drink.

Micronized Kava. During the processing, the Kava is painstakingly filtered to remove all coarse fibers and extraneous plant material. It is then finely ground to the consistency of instant. Though it is still grittier than Instant Kava, Micronized Kava gives you the best of both worlds. The ease of using Instant Kava and the potency of Kava Powder. Processing Micronized Kava is a very time consuming process but our Micronized Kava is the finest and purest Kava of this type. Our Micronized Kava also goes through an additional proprietary process which ruptures the Kava cell walls and releases more Kavalactones. This insures maximum potency and gives you the best value for your dollar. There are many "wannabes" who would try to imitate us but none have succeeded in duplicating our proprietary process.

Much Love. Roaddog....

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Thanks @Roaddog , now its sinking in :) I think I read that 10 times and didn't get it until now. Micro goes farther.
But be careful if you toss 'n wash micro. It does contain root fiber (where instant does not), which could cause to some side effects in the stomach (i.e. gas, bloating, nausea, etc.)

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
But be careful if you toss 'n wash micro. It does contain root fiber (where instant does not), which could cause to some side effects in the stomach (i.e. gas, bloating, nausea, etc.)
You are right, you have to watch out for micronized powders, they can cause the effects you mentioned.
But mine does not, that is why I take out what is called "makas", that's what this statement says---"During the processing, the Kava is painstakingly filtered to remove all coarse fibers and extraneous plant material."
It is all this course fibers that can cause the unwanted effects as well as the kavalactones DHK and DHM and my kava is not high in these kavalactones. So when you get my micronized you are getting some of the best micronized kava out there, guaranteed. (y)
Aloha.

Chris

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
You can't really get much more physically relaxed than Stone...but watch out, it can get nauseating quicker than most.

A

Adam

If relaxed is want you want I would just go for the strongest one to suit, which sounds like stone by all accounts. You can always change your dose to suit