What's new

Best heavy kava available today

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
It's been a couple years, but i've had stone, pure Hawaiian-grown Isa, and N@H "Solomon". Never had Chief's Jungle.

Stone tastes and feels like regular niVanuatu grind that's cut heavily with Isa. Solomon tasted like straight Isa. None of them felt like kastom medicinal kava. They just knock you down, but don't really make you feel wise or want to listen.

And as a heavy kava aficionado, let me tell you that NONE of those even come close to "euphoric" for me. Euphoria comes from Polynesian roots. Deep krunk is Melanesian.
So you're saying Stone isn't euphoric to you, but the Polynesian ones are?

I am very intrigued by this!!! I think Stone is very euphoric, so if there are better kavas, I'm in!

Any brands you'd recommend for euphoric effects?

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
Kavafied Vanuatu Select is rather nice. It doesn't grab you right away like some kavas do, but it doesn't have any obvious flaws, and it gets you where you need to go.
I do love those guys over at Kavafied they do great Kava. Just a little correction though , Vanuatu Select is from us over here at The Kava Roots.

Palmetto

Thank God!
So you're saying Stone isn't euphoric to you, but the Polynesian ones are?

I am very intrigued by this!!! I think Stone is very euphoric, so if there are better kavas, I'm in!

Any brands you'd recommend for euphoric effects?
For euphoria, look for a chemotype that starts with 46. Too much yangonin or DHM is bad for euphoria.

Kravatomill

Kava Curious
I have been all in on kavaking for quite awhile, mostly due to the price compared to quality and the very cheap shipping to Thailand from iherb.com
However, I just got a bag of kava Supreme from kavafied and I'm totally in love. Reminds me quite a lot of stone, it's worthy to mention that I haven't had stone since back in 2009, but still that's the only thing I can compare it to. Smells peppery and very "Vanuatuan" to me. Very easy to drink (especially after doing only micronized for quite some time).
To me it's definitely a heavy kava, the kind of kava that makes me want to turn off all the lights and just listen to some music in my headphones, contemplating life while slowly drifting away to the dream world.
I still have a hard time to sleep on this kava, but that's probably my body chemistry rather than the kava it self, I just can't seem to get deep sleep with kava, why i don't know, and I don't really mind cause the sleep I get is good enough to not make me feel all groggy the next day.
All in all a great heavy kava that took me exactly where I wanted to go, will save it for weekends.

TribalCulture

Krunkonomicon
I have been all in on kavaking for quite awhile, mostly due to the price compared to quality and the very cheap shipping to Thailand from iherb.com
However, I just got a bag of kava Supreme from kavafied and I'm totally in love. Reminds me quite a lot of stone, it's worthy to mention that I haven't had stone since back in 2009, but still that's the only thing I can compare it to. Smells peppery and very "Vanuatuan" to me. Very easy to drink (especially after doing only micronized for quite some time).
To me it's definitely a heavy kava, the kind of kava that makes me want to turn off all the lights and just listen to some music in my headphones, contemplating life while slowly drifting away to the dream world.
I still have a hard time to sleep on this kava, but that's probably my body chemistry rather than the kava it self, I just can't seem to get deep sleep with kava, why i don't know, and I don't really mind cause the sleep I get is good enough to not make me feel all groggy the next day.
All in all a great heavy kava that took me exactly where I wanted to go, will save it for weekends.
You are honestly not making my wait for the kava i have on order easy sir.

Back to the subject at matter however, if it makes it's rare appearance i would say Koniak.
But for now I would say Nambawan, Samoan, and Stone.

SakauPHD

Heavy? I'm going with Nangol Noble or Stone. The right amount of either makes for some significant couch lock. I may have to do a 50/50 mix tonight.

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
Malo Palmetto, Don't worry about it Mate, of the thousands of pounds of kava I have sent to the US over the years, none has ever had a problem with customs. My new Paulies Blend is pretty strong and Heavy if you have had a long stressful week.