What's new

Black Bag Kava

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
Krunkedout said:
New2kava, in the morning!? Is it a good daytime kava? Any sluggishness the rest of the day?
I typically drink kava in the morning and stop by around 4PM, so it was not out of the ordinary for me. I think it was a great daytime kava, much less prone to making you fall aspleep than say tudei. I kind of overdid though, 1/4 cup first try was overkill. It went down so smooth and I did a second wash which was nice and oily as well. I was pretty heavily knunked and did end up taking a short nap and having crazy ass dreams.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Hey I guess to each his own! Someday if I ever get to own a nakamal I will probably be drinking shells from morning till night lol. Just out of curiosity new2kava, do you have to patern your eating around your morning through afternoon kava sessions? Or do you find you don't need quite as empty o a stomach. I couldn't imagine not eating all day till 4 lol

kl.pep

Kava Curious
I got some of this black bag on the way so i'm getting excited...pretty expensive though compared to other kavas...is it because it's 'that good' ?

kl.NDG

Kava Enthusiast
I have taken more care into prep last night and had a better effect with the Nambawan. I still don't think it is as good as previously, however, with that said I have been taking 1tbsp less per night which would alter the intensity. Kava is very fickle, I sometimes think a kava is bad like fiji waka from rex then as I drink it more I get more into it and the feeling. It's top line kava pep, it's in the realm where a very few kava's could be. I like some of KT's stuff as much and the paradise fiji waka was absurdly strong in the head at times.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
Krunkedout said:
Hey I guess to each his own! Someday if I ever get to own a nakamal I will probably be drinking shells from morning till night lol. Just out of curiosity new2kava, do you have to patern your eating around your morning through afternoon kava sessions? Or do you find you don't need quite as empty o a stomach. I couldn't imagine not eating all day till 4 lol
I typically have kava for breakfast on my kava days, about every other day. I usually have a good session and then eat a late lunch around 1-2 and let it sit for awhile and then make a second wash with the mornings roots for a moderate evening buzz. Depending on level of insomnia I may have a late session 11-12 with some high DHM kava, but that is rare. I typically prefer to start my session on an empty stomach. I also find kava pretty filling, so if I put down a quart of grog I'm not to hungry for awhile.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
pep said:
I got some of this black bag on the way so i'm getting excited...pretty expensive though compared to other kavas...is it because it's 'that good' ?
Doesn't feel quite as altering as the initial test bags of black bag
kava that Judd floated into the world a few months ago, but it's still very,
very nice stuff.

kl.NDG

Kava Enthusiast
dan said:
pep said:
Doesn't feel quite as altering as the initial test bags of black bag
kava that Judd floated into the world a few months ago, but it's still very,
very nice stuff. 
Ok so maybe I'm not crazy and it just isn't as strong.

kl.pep

Kava Curious
i don't know if anyone else has been to Maui wow wee's kava bar, but this black bag reminds me very much of what I bought there. Taste,smell, image, and effect all seem to be the same...and I think they called it Tongan.

Very interesting

kl.pep

Kava Curious
whoa, i've mixed in some instant with the black bag and it's slowly creeping...providing a nice relaxing body buzz, which I think is due to the instant green.

kl.NDG

Kava Enthusiast
I find this black bag like 70% of the original. Still way up there but it's just not as wowing as the first batch. I find the first batch took me into another world, my girl was like are you drunk? lol. still top notch.

kavalover

Outsider
Do you guys strain this stuff? I just my order, and it's pretty finely ground. Might just toss n wash.

Edit: Toss n wash a bad idea. lol. This stuff is more potent than I assumed, definitely will strain next time.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I made a brutally strong grog today of 4+ tablespoons of the new boroguro and 2+ tablespoons of nambawen, it was totally incapacitating. I'm still buzzed out like 4 hours later.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Just ordered a half pound of this and a shell and strainer, I'm excited to finally try this stuff out. Also have any of you ever got shells from BKH? If so, how big are they?

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Just out of curiosity, How much of this kava do you use? More or less than with other kavas? Do you use a different method? I usually use 6 tablespoons of boroguru. But I've seen some posts talking about four table spoons on the black bag. Also which method should I use, good ol squeeze or toss and wash? Thanks!

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
Krunkedout said:
Just ordered a half pound of this and a shell and strainer, I'm excited to finally try this stuff out. Also have any of you ever got shells from BKH? If so, how big are they?
I got one of their shells and was friggin huge. After downing around 2 full shells of stone and basically barfing and passing out I did a volume test the next day. Mine holds 3 and 1/2 cups of fluid so that session was around 60 ozs of stone made with around 1 cup of root. Another member slow native got one and I asked him if it was huge and he said it was as well. The quantity that is supposed to constitute a "shell" is around 6-8 ozs and will only fill it up 1/4 of the way. I usually fill it and just take 4-6 oz chugs and space them apart every 5 minutes, seldom do I finish the whole shell in one sitting. 

I usually only use 2-4 tblsps of nambawen per session. Lately I have been mixing it with around 2:1 with boroguro. Yesterday I made a batch with equal parts of: nambawen, boroguro, van3, and tudei. Around 2 tblsps of each and 16 ozs of coconut water. That was some strong ass kava.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
new2kava said:
Krunkedout said:
I got one of their shells and was friggin huge. After downing around 2 full shells of stone and basically barfing and passing out I did a volume test the next day. Mine holds 3 and 1/2 cups of fluid so that session was around 60 ozs of stone made with around 1 cup of root. Another member slow native got one and I asked him if it was huge and he said it was as well. The quantity that is supposed to constitute a "shell" is around 6-8 ozs and will only fill it up 1/4 of the way. I usually fill it and just take 4-6 oz chugs and space them apart every 5 minutes, seldom do I finish the whole shell in one sitting. 

I usually only use 2-4 tblsps of nambawen per session. Lately I have been mixing it with around 2:1 with boroguro. Yesterday I made a batch with equal parts of: nambawen, boroguro, van3, and tudei. Around 2 tblsps of each and 16 ozs of coconut water. That was some strong ass kava.

that's a pretty massive shell, I've never heard of one that big. I will start out with 4 tablespoons of the nambawan and see if I need to go up or down. And I have almost a pound left of the old boroguru, the one with the course grind, maybe I will make a little mix

kavalover

Outsider
new2kava said:
Krunkedout said:

I bet that was some strong ass kava! That makes me shudder... and coming from me... that's something.. lol... I'll have to try that combo out some time.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Just tried it. I used 5 tablespoons that were soaked all day, squeezed for a really long time. The first effects were a general sense of calm, nothing to great. I think it's sort of a creeper kava, after I finished my first bowl I started to really feel it. However I have been this krunk before off of the OG batches of boroguru. After that I made another weaker batch and downed that. And then I tossed and washed another tablespoon, it didn't get too much stronger. As far as taste, it was very easy to drink. Tomorrow I will mix it with the boroguru and see how it turns out. All in all, a good kava with good euphoria, almost seems slightly psychedelic.

Ozzyfan121

Pretentious, Wannabe Philosopher
I just ordered some Nambawan. I'm excited; I haven't had any since the first "Black Bag" circulation. I ordered some Instant Green too. I'm taking a K@ break so I wanted something strong to help with withdrawals, should there be any.