What's new

Bottled Kava

kl.terminvate

Kava Curious
Sounds good Judd, I hope my post didn't come off negative. I'm a regular BKH customer, and I love your stuff, so I'd be more than interested in trying it out! I just wish I could actually visit the bar, maybe later this year when I move to the west.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Judd said:
Well, Terminvate, we sell single servings of prepared kava daily for between $3 & $6 at our kava bar. We have customers that come back every day to order multiple shells. Let's just say that my planned bottled kava will be more potent than one serving at our bar, but they'll fall in the same price range. If someone wants an effective kava to drink while walking down the street or hanging out with friends, they'll be able to buy a bottle or two. You also won't have to spend the time and make the mess mixing and squeezing yourself.
if you guys use the shells that you sell online, and you're charging between 3 and 6, that sounds like a great deal. Those things are massive, two of those and I'm gone! Lol

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Fanstastic idea Judd. Been working on ours for years and its nothing close to ready ( too much variation from batch to batch)

All the best. I'll be trying this soon. Cheers!

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Update: I didn't get the initial samples when I thought I would as we ran into a potency and ingredient issue. New samples will be here Saturday, and for those of you concerned that a bottled beverage may not be potent enough, how does 300 milligrams of kavalactones per 10 oz. sound?

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I vaguely remember it being something like 150-500mg. If I remember it right then 300mg per 10 oz. is leaning towards stout.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Funny, Ed.

Just got three different flavor samples in today from the beverage formulator. Definitely on the right track with a couple of them. And let me tell you: 300 milligrams of kavalactones per serving is plenty, almost too much. Super potent, I'd actually be a little worried about people maybe not knowing what they are getting into and being too affected.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Judd said:
Funny, Ed.

Just got three different flavor samples in today from the beverage formulator. Definitely on the right track with a couple of them. And let me tell you: 300 milligrams of kavalactones per serving is plenty, almost too much. Super potent, I'd actually be a little worried about people maybe not knowing what they are getting into and being too affected.
put me down for five kegs of this stuff

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Judd said:
Funny, Ed.

Don't worry Judd - we can handle the top shelf stuff ;)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey Judd, you know...I could...if you wanted....test it for you. I promise it wouldn't be any trouble at all. I could even clear a spot in my schedule to do such a thing :)

kl.legbuh

Kava Curious
I hope it's not full of sugar or artificial sweeteners. Gut ache in a can with a krunk doesn't sound fun.

If anything is used to sweeten, I hope it's stevia and NOT sucralose, HFCS or even sugar.

Just my 2c.. :) I like to use your instant and put a couple TBS in a bottle of water, shake and keep on ice and drink. Works great to keep the nerves at bay.

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
From a previous comment Judd made I think that is the intention. Sweetness, but not the bad sort.

I love the health-conscious organic types that kava attracts. My peeps.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I've gotten the second round of samples and it's coming along nicely. Still not quite right but not too far off. And yes, midas, it will initially be for the US Market only. Hopefully someday it will be in your local grocery store.