What's new

BUVEURS de KAVA

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
There are a few copies floating round Santo & Vila if anyone would like one - US$50+postage (which is expensive in Vanuatu) but still probably cheaper than elsewhere, and I believe eBay/Amazon/abebooks are long sold out.
The book is in french but very comprehensive, over an inch thick, many colour photos. Without doubt the most comprehensive book on all aspects of kava to date, released 2014.
Let me know if you want one of these & I'll find out the postage

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
There are a few copies floating round Santo & Vila if anyone would like one - US$50+postage (which is expensive in Vanuatu) but still probably cheaper than elsewhere, and I believe eBay/Amazon/abebooks are long sold out.
The book is in french but very comprehensive, over an inch thick, many colour photos. Without doubt the most comprehensive book on all aspects of kava to date, released 2014.

This is a very good book, I got mine a while back. Don't miss your chance to get this book you guys. Aloha from the Big Island and it keeps getting bigger. (y)

Chris

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast

Ugh, so many books I can't due to not speaking french!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Ugh, so many books I can't due to not speaking french!
I remember one phrase from my 4 years of sub-par French classes Je ne sais pas - 'cause if you couldn't answer the teacher's question you at least had to respond in French. Its no wonder I went into engineering.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
The review of this book posted on True Kava Forum is some of the best writing I've seen...not just a great review of a great book. I suggest folks jump over and take a look.
Tried to post a comment there but was unable to despite my near certainty that I had the correct password.
Right, but good luck finding even a used copy of this now for under $240

It is a very good book, though, runs the gamut from general interest to extremely detailed scientific work, all in the guise of a seemingly gorgeous coffee table book with lush photos and illustrations and charts and such, all in perfect French. It is probably the definitive book about kava, IMO.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Right, but good luck finding even a used copy of this now for under $240

It is a very good book, though, runs the gamut from general interest to extremely detailed scientific work, all in the guise of a seemingly gorgeous coffee table book with lush photos and illustrations and charts and such, all in perfect French. It is probably the definitive book about kava, IMO.
I understand you are fluent in both English and French? Something I have never managed to do. My Spanish is increasingly passable but French continues to elude me despite many attempts. I have no idea why.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I understand you are fluent in both English and French? Something I have never managed to do. My Spanish is increasingly passable but French continues to elude me despite many attempts. I have no idea why.
I have an excuse, I am a Canadian citizen. It’s on our cereal boxes.