What's new

CBD/Kava

IloveKava23

Kava Curious
Is CBD shows in a drug test? it is not that i care but it is good to know for the future.
Depends if it's full spectrum or not. Would be curious to know if this stuff has labs to see if its thc free. Cant take it unless it is since I'm on probation.

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
I see the free shipping code. What is the 2nd discount code? This product is a great idea.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I smoke CBD flower quite a bit and am a big fan. Kava and CBD can perform a very nice dance. There used to be a Kava + CBD extract from a company in California that I really liked.

I also got mine in the mail and look forward to trying it this weekend!

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah I'm in the heart of CBD country. One of the most advanced producers in the world is right in my backyard in fact we do some contract work for them. I'm really intrigued by the new water soluble direction that it's going so that you don't have to mix with an oil to have bioavailability. Can't wait to hear how this energy works for you all.

AaronCobra

Kava Curious
This is dumb. Keep the two things seperate. Why the $%#@ are you mixing psychoactive compounds and selling them to people?

This is dumb. Keep the two things seperate. Why the $%#@ are you mixing psychoactive compounds and selling them to people?
I don't see a big problem here, these "psychoactive compounds" work in the same direction, kinda.
Cannot compare it to my early morning cup of kava and cup of coffee. I gulp my cup of kava and wash it down with a cup of espresso so i feel awake and don't want to kill all those people around me.
I would replace "active" in "psychoactive compounds" with passive. PsychoPassive sounds very mellow, just like kava, or cbd.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@AaronCobra I admire your tenacity towards the purity of kava. I totally understand where you're coming from and I've fought for that position for years, however I've been more receptive to the addition of CBD to products for people it can help, as long as it's labeled clearly like this product.

Kava is and always will be kava, defined by straining ground root stock with water. This product is referred to as a "kavalactone product".

We include a range of kavalactone products in our topics because they are positively impactful, no matter how we feel about them. There are some people who find massive relief in these products, and as such makes them legitimate to us.

I hope you're with us for a long time with an attitude like that about the quality of your kava.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
CBD isn't psychoactive. It's a supplement that is beneficial for overall health and numerous conditions such as stress, insomnia, inflammation, and pain. It's not addictive and has little to no know side effects. It's a perfect addition to a kava product. It's not for everybody because some people have no interest in CBD, but if you want a product that gives you that kava feeling, and the health benefits of CBD, this is the ultimate stack.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Kava Lover
@AaronCobra I admire your tenacity towards the purity of kava. I totally understand where you're coming from and I've fought for that position for years, however I've been more receptive to the addition of CBD to products for people it can help, as long as it's labeled clearly like this product.

Kava is and always will be kava, defined by straining ground root stock with water. This product is referred to as a "kavalactone product".

We include a range of kavalactone products in our topics because they are positively impactful, no matter how we feel about them. There are some people who find massive relief in these products, and as such makes them legitimate to us.

I hope you're with us for a long time with an attitude like that about the quality of your kava.
I am with you @Kapmcrunk on this one. In general, I don't like the idea of mixing products but I think CBD+Kava is a good combination with no real risk. I have used BKH's extract along with a CBD full spectrum oil with pleasant results. I wouldn't go so far as to say CBD is not psychoactive, but at best it is mildly (very mildly) psychoactive in that there is a very calming effect that most people feel if the dose is large enough. My only complaint with CBD is that it is pretty expensive for a reasonable dose. Unless you want make your own extract from flower.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
CBD without THC is in no way psychoactive. It's kind of funny that this would be a debate, really. If we combined kavalactones with Lion's Mane extract, another non-psychoactive supplement that helps improve health, nobody would bat an eye. The fact that we're questioning if it's okay to put CBD with kava seems to be the misguided remnants of our anti-drug culture.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
CBD without THC is in no way psychoactive. It's kind of funny that this would be a debate, really. If we combined kavalactones with Lion's Mane extract, another non-psychoactive supplement that helps improve health, nobody would bat an eye. The fact that we're questioning if it's okay to put CBD with kava seems to be the misguided remnants of our anti-drug culture.
Who's questioning it here other than one member? We're on board. I've been a little iffy in the past just due to the association with CBD, but it's legal now and as such I have no issue with it at all.

I think it's just that we've been centered on kava purity for such a long time that it's alien to see when a vendor combines it.

I've smoked some "CBD Only" bud that literally had me higher than a kite. Reminds me of that sketch from Chapelle's Show where they have the "O'Dweeds" and he gives the cop the wrong bag. I think that's what happened to me, because there had to be more than CBD in there.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
@Kapmcrunk I love the "CBD Only" bud. If I take a bong load of it after a heavy Kava session it really makes me sleep like a baby. I'm very, very sensitive to THC, but love having a little bit in my blood stream. All CBD Only bud has a bit of THC in it, so if you smoke a half a gram or so you'll feel pretty high.