What's new

Clarified Kava

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Lacto clarified pineapple lime kadavu with a coconut taro foam

20210626_174144.jpg

Clarified kava:
Ingredients: 32g kava 150ml milk 150 ml pineapple juice, squeeze lime, 300ml water

Put kava powder in 300ml water plus 150ml milk and do a blender prep. Strain powder from liquid into a container. Add pineapple juice and lime. Allow milk solids to separate from the whey.

Needed for last strain: coffee filter (paper), metal reusable coffee filter, a container that the coffer filter will easily fit onto without leaking. I have a beekeepers honey filter i set on a pitcher and put the coffee filters

Pour the liquid into the filters and let drain slowly, do not push through. Liquid should be a clear yellowish color.

Tastes great and super clean. Doesnt lose much potentcy, but some since youre not consuming any solids. You can add more water or whatever liquid through to rewash.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Wow thats interesting, reminds me of the washed alcohol drinks using milk.
Yah thats exactly right! U can wash a few different ways. Theres a couple that uses solidifying agents like frozen gelatin mixed with kava. Geletin binds to the soluds. The water thaws before the gel and clerifies thst way. Its also not fat so the lactones wont bind and make the kava weaker at all (in theory). Itll be weaker anyway bc ur not consuming any solids tho. But not much and atronger than most instants by far

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Coconut taro foam? How is this made?
Also, preparing kava in milk and water and then fine-straining, sounds like a good idea.

Another clarifed kava is when you brew whole roots, twisted apart into long fibrous roots, simmered at 180*f for 15-30 minutes, squeezed in a cloth strainer for 2-5 mins as traditional prep. Light in color, very good flavor and strength.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Coconut taro foam? How is this made?
Also, preparing kava in milk and water and then fine-straining, sounds like a good idea.

Another clarifed kava is when you brew whole roots, twisted apart into long fibrous roots, simmered at 180*f for 15-30 minutes, squeezed in a cloth strainer for 2-5 mins as traditional prep. Light in color, very good flavor and strength.
Nice! Ill have to give that a try! U also have to add an acidifier to sparate the solds. I used a taro powder from angel specialty foods mixed with coconut milk a touch coconut cream and a bit of modernest pantrys foam magic. Itll foam up like cream. U can also charge it with nitro in a cannister to get more of a whip texture. Last u can get a fish bubbler stone and put it in the glass mixed with the foam magic. The foam will start and itll be super light and lacey.

Last edited: