What's new

Co2 Extract update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I promised a few of you a shot at trying my "beta" run of Co2 extract so I wanted to provide an update.

It's coming. Sorry for the delays but it's a slow process. The supercritical extractor is finicky, and getting all the ingredients and the final product to a point that I'm comfortable with releasing even trial samples of just takes time. We want to do this right, not just throw out a plain extract, or one in which the other ingredients don't work synergistically with the extract itself. I think there's an opportunity to create an extract in which the kavalactones are bioavailable enough that very little of the paste is needed for a nice effect. Paradise had this down pretty well, and although we decided not to partner with Adil and to go our own way, I have my own ideas. Also, although it may never taste like bananas foster, I think it can be tasty enough that you don't mind allowing the paste to dissolve in your mouth.

I've been messing around with the different ingredients that I thought were promising with little luck for a few days, but I think I had a breakthrough today. More updates to come soon.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Extract Beta.jpg

Got all artisanal on you with honey, vanilla, lavender. It's local Portland honey, and Tongan vanilla bean paste, along with a touch of organic lavender oil. There are other ingredients as well, which help make the extract more bioavailable. As long as this consistency holds (just put this one together about an hour ago), which has proven to be the hardest part, it's looking good. I'll be able to send out five or six samples of 20 grams or so. Keep an eye on your inbox. If you commented here or messaged me but don't get a sample, I'm sorry. I actually don't have a whole lot of the pure extract at the moment. If and when I refine the recipe I'll try to take care of you.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
View attachment 7348

Got all artisanal on you with honey, vanilla, lavender. It's local Portland honey, and Tongan vanilla bean paste, along with a touch of organic lavender oil. There are other ingredients as well, which help make the extract more bioavailable. As long as this consistency holds (just put this one together about an hour ago), which has proven to be the hardest part, it's looking good. I'll be able to send out five or six samples of 20 grams or so. Keep an eye on your inbox. If you commented here or messaged me but don't get a sample, I'm sorry. I actually don't have a whole lot of the pure extract at the moment. If and when I refine the recipe I'll try to take care of you.
Have you tried it? Assuming you have, how was it? :)

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I will let the wifu try the lavender. I will take a taste, but will not be able to give you good feedback on that one. She will though (not a fan of that flavor in any thing! :happy:)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hey guys. I jumped the gun a bit. I need a couple more days before I send off the samples. I don't like how the batch settled. I think I know the problem but I had to order another ingredient which won't arrive until Wednesday. I'm sorry but it looks like the samples will be belated Christmas presents. At least you know I'm doing what's necessary to get out an awesome product. Thanks for your patience.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey guys. I jumped the gun a bit. I need a couple more days before I send off the samples. I don't like how the batch settled. I think I know the problem but I had to order another ingredient which won't arrive until Wednesday. I'm sorry but it looks like the samples will be belated Christmas presents. At least you know I'm doing what's necessary to get out an awesome product. Thanks for your patience.
Shit happens man, glad you are going the extra mile, I will have the Nangol by Christmas, so it's all good (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.