What's new

complementary kava to CUT Nambawan with ?

Thomas2060

Kava Curious
BKH Nambawan is very strong and can provide a krunky, couch-lock vibe. That is often just what I'm looking for, but sometimes I'd like something lighter. And some batches of Nambawan can feel more "pharmaceutical" than recreational...meaning, I feel kind of messed up but not necessarily in a fun way. This can happen even at lower doses. But other batches have been wonderfully fun.

What would be a good kava to cut nambawan with? Something that is good to have around on its own, but also works well to smooth out the Nambawan experience a bit, while having complementary effects.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
BKH Nambawan is very strong and can provide a krunky, couch-lock vibe. That is often just what I'm looking for, but sometimes I'd like something lighter. And some batches of Nambawan can feel more "pharmaceutical" than recreational...meaning, I feel kind of messed up but not necessarily in a fun way. This can happen even at lower doses. But other batches have been wonderfully fun.

What would be a good kava to cut nambawan with? Something that is good to have around on its own, but also works well to smooth out the Nambawan experience a bit, while having complementary effects.
Borogu would be my suggestion. Always cheaper, usually a little weak, and mixes well with kavas that happen to be too strong for our liking.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Most borogus are middle of the road, balanced and not necessarily blow your head off strong but it's a good stash staple.

@Kapmcrunk I was just typing this when your answer popped up!

Zaphod

Kava Lover

Blending is a great way to kick up, kick down, or provide a more rounded profile. Mahakea is a great middle of the road kava to blend with headier, or heavier kavas. Other options are to get some waka and lawena of a particular kava and use those to add to other kavas - good ones are Squanch, and Fijifresh. With Nambawan I have also mixed Ambae from KT, and Santos Pride. Both of those are pretty strong - but for me much heavier than nambawan so it helped balance out. I don't think that would do well for what you are looking for....but some lawena I think might get you where you are going. Lawena tends to be lower KL% but with decent amounts of kavain.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Blending is a great way to kick up, kick down, or provide a more rounded profile. Mahakea is a great middle of the road kava to blend with headier, or heavier kavas. Other options are to get some waka and lawena of a particular kava and use those to add to other kavas - good ones are Squanch, and Fijifresh. With Nambawan I have also mixed Ambae from KT, and Santos Pride. Both of those are pretty strong - but for me much heavier than nambawan so it helped balance out. I don't think that would do well for what you are looking for....but some lawena I think might get you where you are going. Lawena tends to be lower KL% but with decent amounts of kavain.
Ah lawena. The actual go-to for blending. Totally slipped my mind, and usually lawena kavas are considerably cheaper than waka.

fueledbykava

Kava enthusiast
Most Kavas I've been using like 50g per session, would you all recommend like 20/30g for this variety? Forget couch lock, don't wanna bathroom-lock myself :LOL: Been there, trying not to repeat that!