What's new

Covid for Christmas (thank god for kava)

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
Well, looks like I'll be quarantined for Christmas. Originally planned to go to my parent's house but now will be staying home. Just wanna say I'm super grateful that I have kava (I've been drinking more of it than ever before lol) and glad I have these forums to get a little bit of connection. I hope all of you have a great holiday week!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Well, looks like I'll be quarantined for Christmas. Originally planned to go to my parent's house but now will be staying home. Just wanna say I'm super grateful that I have kava (I've been drinking more of it than ever before lol) and glad I have these forums to get a little bit of connection. I hope all of you have a great holiday week!
Take care and watch as much Christmas TV as you can. Mince pies and kava, keep on the bright side!

Get well soon and stay thirsty my friend.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
You’ll be fine. Stay extra hydrated if you’re drinking kava while fighting it.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah I'm feeling mostly better. Got lucky with a mild case. Have been drinking electrolytes, water, and tea all day. Also plenty of vitamin d.
You will be fine bro. Just stay positive, let time do it's thing, trust in the recovery and don't let stress get any grips on you.

One thing you say though, you got lucky with a mild case- actually the typical case is very mild, it's more a case of you not getting unlucky with an abnormal or severe case.

Get well mate. Don't eat too many mince pies, and don't watch TOO much mindprogramming TV lol.

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
You will be fine bro. Just stay positive, let time do it's thing, trust in the recovery and don't let stress get any grips on you.

One thing you say though, you got lucky with a mild case- actually the typical case is very mild, it's more a case of you not getting unlucky with an abnormal or severe case.

Get well mate. Don't eat too many mince pies, and don't watch TOO much mindprogramming TV lol.
Thanks! I will try. I don't know what mince pies are but now I'm wishing I had some haha.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks! I will try. I don't know what mince pies are but now I'm wishing I had some haha.
By legal right, since I was a child, Santa is officially entitled to two mince pies and a glass of milk for every chimney he climbs down lol!

I can't eat a crumb of a mince pie nowayears or anything like that, i.e. no sugar of any sort, no fruit, no dough, pastry, bread....it's a huge list.

But mince pies are basically like little apple pies but with "mincemeat" aka "raisins" as a filling in a small pastry pie.

Classic OG English Christmas tradition.

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
By legal right, since I was a child, Santa is officially entitled to two mince pies and a glass of milk for every chimney he climbs down lol!

I can't eat a crumb of a mince pie nowayears or anything like that, i.e. no sugar of any sort, no fruit, no dough, pastry, bread....it's a huge list.

But mince pies are basically like little apple pies but with "mincemeat" aka "raisins" as a filling in a small pastry pie.

Classic OG English Christmas tradition.
Ahh okay I would likely enjoy this haha.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@AlexisReal actually it's a glass of sherry which always made me wonder how Santa managed to get round all the houses without being violently ill.

@Halibut_Acid you have some options for "mince pie". In Scotland they have such a thing as a Scotch pie which is minced lamb and cinnamon in a pastry case. In the rest of the UK you can get a pie which is basically a scotch pie with onions but without the cinnamon. In a Christmas context though a mince pie is a pastry pie made with "mincemeat" which is a mix of dried fruit and something to make it vaguely Christmasey.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
@AlexisReal actually it's a glass of sherry which always made me wonder how Santa managed to get round all the houses without being violently ill.

@Halibut_Acid you have some options for "mince pie". In Scotland they have such a thing as a Scotch pie which is minced lamb and cinnamon in a pastry case. In the rest of the UK you can get a pie which is basically a scotch pie with onions but without the cinnamon. In a Christmas context though a mince pie is a pastry pie made with "mincemeat" which is a mix of dried fruit and something to make it vaguely Christmasey.
Hi Edward. Yes Sherry! That rings a bell now. I think I recall that happening in my youth.

I expect that was the origin of the tradition. But I think maybe a watered (or milked)...down version was created at some point, with Milk replacing the Sherry, in some homes.

If I was Santa I think having a choice or at least some variety over the night might appeal to me.

And indeed, the conundrum of mince pies is the term Mincemeat which in typical English Mince pies refers to a meatless raisin based fruit compote for making mince pies, whereas in America, I think Mincemeat is more widely a reference to actual meat possibly.

And those classic Scotch Pies in Scotland were lip-lickingly yummy!

Wishing you a safe, sound, enjoyable and happy Christmas Edward and a huge thank you for everything you have continued to do for us all throughout this difficult year.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast

And between you and me Edward, I'm sure I caught Santa pretending to drink his 1200th Sherry but secretly pouring into the thick of his beard. I always considered after that point that he keeps his beard at least partly for this purpose of seiphoning away all that Sherry lol.

Maybe some nice alcoholic candyfloss for the reindeers to suck on at the end of the night.

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic

These all sound good, especially the Scotch pie. Sounds like something I have to try for myself.