What's new

Current strong euphoric kava

ThePiper

Kava Lover
What is the best current offering? In the past a batch of taveuni Waka, Fiji loa waka and of course pouni ono fit the bill.

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What is the best current offering? In the past a batch of taveuni Waka, Fiji loa waka and of course pouni ono fit the bill.
I just received a pound of the kava tonga from kavafied. While pricey, it's clearly euphoric.

Ima do a review on it, but another thing I've noticed is the grinds are so incredibly soft and fluffy. The taste is soft too. I'd recommend splurging and giving it a try

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I just received a pound of the kava tonga from kavafied. While pricey, it's clearly euphoric.

Ima do a review on it, but another thing I've noticed is the grinds are so incredibly soft and fluffy. The taste is soft too. I'd recommend splurging and giving it a try
Is it extremely strong and social? Or is it more like a heady energy feeling

TribalCulture

Krunkonomicon
From my personal experience the most euphoric kava I had that is still around would be a tie between Wow kava, and 11 year waka, Nambawan being a close 2nd to those two.
However I've also read reviews that where the complete opposite whereas the effects seemed more laid back body relaxing.
While you could check the ones I reccomended, best advice would be to shop around till you find the one your looking for. Not only in due time the right kava will appear, you get to experience a spectrum of spectacular wonders.

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is it extremely strong and social? Or is it more like a heady energy feeling
I find it to be a very happy kava. The smiling, elevating type. It's strong but not in a heavy way. It's heady but the euphoria gives a bit of giddyness which I love in a kava. I just bought two more pounds! It's in the vein of pouni ono but it's very unique so I am having trouble making a comparison. It's fantastic

Last edited:

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
I find it to be a very happy kava. The smiling, elevating type. It's strong but not in a heavy way. It's heady but the euphoria gives a bit of giddyness which I love in a kava. I just bought two more pounds! It's in the vein of pouni ono but it's very unique so I am having trouble making a comparison. It's fantastic
I've had great experience with Kavafied's Kava Tonga. Very smooth taste and effects. I'm pretty upbeat and happy with it, and definitely agree with the smiling and elevating. I can use it during the day and stay alert, along with the Kumakua I usually use for my daytime Kava.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
Kava Tonga is indeed the real deal! I tend to associate tastes with effects and Tonga can be very deceiving. So mild and smooth yet such pronounced effects! Probably now my favorite Kava.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I just triple balled some nambawan, 6 tbs. after drinking about 2/3 of the first wash I got overcome by a euphoria extremely reminiscent of my first TFR euphoria. Only lasted 5 minutes, but wowed. Now I'm just very happy and mellow. Kind of euphomellow.

Ben Thomas

Kava Enthusiast
I just triple balled some nambawan, 6 tbs. after drinking about 2/3 of the first wash I got overcome by a euphoria extremely reminiscent of my first TFR euphoria. Only lasted 5 minutes, but wowed. Now I'm just very happy and mellow. Kind of euphomellow.
Might have to get some of this

Jellyman64

Δ Kavanaut Δ
IMO, there is no such thing as euphoric Kava. This is an effect associated with opiods and narcotics
Hmm, I don't know, I have certainly felt many a euphoric buzz from kava. It doesn't even have to be 100% caused by drinking a shell, perhaps the excitement and contentment of having some kava pushes us into a more excitable state, sort of like a placebo booster. I also am not convinced that the words euphoria or euphoric really have anything to do with any substance in particular..

The oxford dictionary definition of Euphoria:
A feeling or state of intense excitement and happiness.
Certainly doesn't seem to mention any substances or narcotics. By this definition my idea of a placebo booster can be applied to understand the euphoric qualities of kava. I feel very excited and happy when I have some grog, and whether or not that is the kava's doing or by my own excitement, I care not about the cause. I just love the feeling of content bliss I experience after - my body is in tune with my mind. Also, moments of spontaneous natural grace seem more noticeable, such as the majesty of a bluejay soaring down the street, or a cool breeze blowing my hair back. I just love the natural relaxation and vibes that glow from within. Maybe its all in my head, but does that matter? We are all just a product of the complex inter-workings of the universe, so what happens, happens.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
in the context of kava I'm fairly specific in what I mean by "euphoria".

It is a kind of a rush of feeling of well-being, both mental and physical, that kind of washes over you, fairly suddenly, and envelopes you, sometimes all at one go, sometimes in waves. It can last anywhere from 1 - 20 minutes. It is quite pronounced. For me sometimes swirling colours are involved, an involuntary smile response, a slight feeling of delicious melting right behind my eyes, warm throbbing sensations at the top of my head that work their way down, followed soon by a feeling of peacefulness and floating. It definitely feels happy and even joyous. Typically it happens at the beginning of a kava experience and then subsides as the more relaxed, mellow part of the kava kicks in (I believe the euphoria effect is traceable to 2 or 3 specific kavalactones that are active frst).

Some euphorias are only on the first shell while others, like Damu, occur with each shell, for me, anyway.

I'm finding with my new found enjoyment of triple balling that this prep tends to bring out any latent euphoric potential in a number of grinds, more so than any other prep.

The closest thing I have found elsewhere is the runners high. Not the general feeling of well-being that many feel at the end of a nice run and call a runners high, but a specific reaction to oxygen intake after a very hard run of 10 miles or more at a fast pace, where suddenly colours become brighter for anywhere from a minute or two, which is most common, but up to ten minutes or so. Accompanied, obviously, by a feeling of intense joy and wellness. I find that 90% of the time or more when people say "runner's high" they aren't referring to this, probably because they have never experienced it. It's definitely something else, quite distinct.

Aumakua

Kava Curious
I'll toss up another vote for Nambawan. I just procured a bag from BKH and first impressions were very uplifting and social, potent in the head while also giving a vibrating body sensation. It was as though I was experiencing it on a cellular level. Definitely something I would take to an afternoon cocktail party where I want to remain engaged in conversation.

KavaCat

Meow.
I needed this thread, thanks everyone.

Anyone else not agree with euphoria from Mo'i, though? Man, it... it makes my head really out-there, I get extremely contemplative and stuff, but it has never made me feel euphoria. I feel kinda bad, since almost everyone else gets it.