What's new

delayed urination

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
Is this a problem for anyone after having a lot of kava. I feel like I'm 30 years older when trying to pee today. Its stop and go almost like how it can be when you come out of surgery with anesthesia. I'm not blaming this on the kava just yet but I cant think of any other explanation.

D

Deleted User01

Yeah, I Pee like crazy with kava. Ya know what makes it twice as bad??? Drinking a smoothie after kava for supper. They call me "Da Waterworks". But the next day I pee normal ... Of course, 4 cups of coffee probably insures that "Da Waterworks" is still in business.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Yep, kava makes pee like a fiend, and I already would go a lot, I will go then 20 minutes later have to go again. I think I got up three times last night to release the kava. Michael Phelps is right, I am surprised enamel chips aren't coming of the toilet or I am not knocked off my feet from the high pressure of kava pee. It must be funny to be a kava bar as people must be constantly running to the bathrooms there.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm guessing you're not drinking enough water. If I have a bad alcohol hangover and I can't even drink water without feeling bad then I can go a while without peeing at all and when I do it's really dark. If you're struggling to pee in the way you have described then your kava is trying to make you go, ie the kava wants to come out but you haven't got enough water to carry it.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I find kava can change my peeing suspiciously, smaller amounts of urine give me the sensation of having to pee more than I actually did...and sometimes it can occur fairly quickly after the last time. I take this to mean it might have a strange interaction with kidneys. I don't consider it very similar to the effect drinking a lot of alcohol has on my urination.

Last edited:

Megan

Kava Enthusiast
I wonder if this could have anything to do with muscle relaxation? I definitely have to pee more, but notice too that ummm...it takes longer to pee....like the stream is not as not as strong.

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
Yep, kava makes pee like a fiend, and I already would go a lot, I will go then 20 minutes later have to go again. I think I got up three times last night to release the kava. Michael Phelps is right, I am surprised enamel chips aren't coming of the toilet or I am knocked off my feet from the high pressure of kava pee. It must be funny to be a kava bar as people must be constantly running to the bathrooms there.
Bathrooms?! In a kava bar?!

KavaCat

Meow.
For the vast majority of us (infer: those of us without incontinence issues), peeing requires a sort of certain "permission" from your brain. If you're really good and relaxed, it could just take longer for your bladder to get "permission" signals. Unless it is causing you distress, I wouldn't worry about it.

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
I would say kava makes me pee more. Definitely diuretic to some degree. One thing the OP mentioned, brought back bad memories, about coming out of anesthesia and peeing. Had a horrible experience about 5 years ago. Had rather minor lumbar surgery, should have been released the next morning. Problem was I couldn't pee. At all. Drank water, ran the faucet, walked all night around the hall. Finally has to beg the nurse to put a cath in I was about to explode, the pain and agony. Talk about relief, hard to imagine actually begging for a tube inserted in one's wee wee. Apparently some prostrate issues were aggravated by the anethesia. Cost me a couple extra days in the hospital. Every time they removed the cath they had to reinsert. Finally left the hospital with a tube and a bag, and off to the urologist.
Stupid back surgeon, was giving me flowmax, said it would get me going in no time. Turns out it takes time for flowmax to work, it's not instant. Anyway, long story, sorry if it is TMI, but issue was resolved, everything flows as it should now. No meds needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.