What's new

Dosage recommendation

S

swaykayy

Hey guys. I understand that medium grind is a much better kava in terms of digestion in some peoples opinion. But I just received my KWK micronized kava and I want to know what’s the best way to achieve calming effects? I tried the kava once before but I don’t believe I drank enough, I believe I only did about 12oz of juice mixed in with a table spoon or so of kava powder. Should I mix about 2 table spoons of kava in each 3 separate cups of juice to try to achieve stronger effects?

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Hey guys. I understand that medium grind is a much better kava in terms of digestion in some peoples opinion. But I just received my KWK micronized kava and I want to know what’s the best way to achieve calming effects? I tried the kava once before but I don’t believe I drank enough, I believe I only did about 12oz of juice mixed in with a table spoon or so of kava powder. Should I mix about 2 table spoons of kava in each 3 separate cups of juice to try to achieve stronger effects?
Yes, you need to drink more than one tbsp. Do one tbsp, wait 20 minutes, and drink another. Wait 40 minutes and do another one. Something along those lines. It's been years since I've drunk micronized. The medium grind and the true instants are much more pleasant to drink long term.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Try 2-3 tablespoons per 8 oz of juice, 30-45 minutes apart. It will hit harder but you'll regret micro in the long run.

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
Kava isn't dangerous, it isn't complicated, just drink as much until you are satisfied, you realize you like it, you don't like it or your body says "stop" or you fall on the floor trying to walk.

The only difference to other stuff is: The effect can differ sometimes especially regarding strengths.

And it is said it could be that it takes a couple of times for first timers until you realize an effect. If you have zero effect from lets say 35gr traditional grind (especially if you reuse it --> second wash) then don't up the dose. Wait a day and try again.