What's new

Drinking Med. Grind

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
I have some KWK med grind that has been delivered today!! I have mostly been using Micronized or instant and from what i've used i haven't had no dermo or upset stomach which is a bonus. I seem to get a good experience from just one tablespoon and i haven't had to go through RT!
I know most people on here that use med. grind do some form of preparation with it ,BUT is it ok to drink the med. grind powder as though it's a micronized?
Cheers Moff.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I have some KWK med grind that has been delivered today!! I have mostly been using Micronized or instant and from what i've used i haven't had no dermo or upset stomach which is a bonus. I seem to get a good experience from just one tablespoon and i haven't had to go through RT!
I know most people on here that use med. grind do some form of preparation with it ,BUT is it ok to drink the med. grind powder as though it's a micronized?
Cheers Moff.
If you haven't found stomach upset and dermopathy with instant and micro....you'll find it drinking unstrained medium grind. My hat is off to you if you're able to drink it, but it's just more likely to cause all of the negatives very quickly. I tried drinking medium grind exactly once. The tiny splinter pieces that cling to your throat kills me. If a stray piece happens to wander into my kava now I have a hard time not immediately going into full on aversion mode.

Now, is it ok? I don't suggest it, but it wont kill you. I'd say if you're going to do it, do it sporadically. You're essentially ingesting the whole root system makas and all.

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
If you haven't found stomach upset and dermopathy with instant and micro....you'll find it drinking unstrained medium grind. My hat is off to you if you're able to drink it, but it's just more likely to cause all of the negatives very quickly. I tried drinking medium grind exactly once. The tiny splinter pieces that cling to your throat kills me. If a stray piece happens to wander into my kava now I have a hard time not immediately going into full on aversion mode.

Now, is it ok? I don't suggest it, but it wont kill you. I'd say if you're going to do it, do it sporadically. You're essentially ingesting the whole root system makas and all.
On further inspection of the powder i see what you mean..... No i don't think i will try and drink it!
I have put 4 heaped TABLEspoons into a straining bag and left to soak in a bowl of about 1ltr of hot water. I will leave it like this for around 2 hours and then toss it about for 10 mins and then drink it!

KavaKitty

Meaow
On further inspection of the powder i see what you mean..... No i don't think i will try and drink it!
I have put 4 heaped TABLEspoons into a straining bag and left to soak in a bowl of about 1ltr of hot water. I will leave it like this for around 2 hours and then toss it about for 10 mins and then drink it!
You really don't have to soak it, the kavalactones are released by agitation. Take the strainer bag and knead and massage it in the warm water for 15-20 minutes, then squeeze out all of the water from the strainer bag. Chill the frog (tastes better cold). Chug 4 ounce shells about 20 minutes apart, until you're where you want to be. Profit.

You can do a second wash with the pulp in the bag. It won't be as strong as the first, but I don't believe in wasting kavalactones.

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
You really don't have to soak it, the kavalactones are released by agitation. Take the strainer bag and knead and massage it in the warm water for 15-20 minutes, then squeeze out all of the water from the strainer bag. Chill the frog (tastes better cold). Chug 4 ounce shells about 20 minutes apart, until you're where you want to be. Profit.

You can do a second wash with the pulp in the bag. It won't be as strong as the first, but I don't believe in wasting kavalactones.
4oz shells is that US fluid ounces? I get that to be 120ml nearly?
I hope i haven't overdone it with the water as i've put 4 heaped TABLEspoons into about 900ml of water......
I don't wan't to water the effects down...

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yes, 4oz is about 120ml. I tend to mix my instant in about 200ml of milk. 900ml is quite a lot of water but you can just chug more. Split it into 3 or 4 doses and don't worry about it for tonight. I recommend using a small cup that you use for kava, I've got one that's about 250 ml and I always think about how many cups of finished kava I want for that session, usually 2 and then measure out just the liquid I need. Then I add as much root as I want. Don't forget you can always just chuck it in a blender and then strain it.

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
Well i took about 200ml of water out of the bowl and then tossed and squeezed the kava for about 10 mins......
Then split the 700ml left into about 4 servings over the course of an hour..... then about 15 mins of my last cup BANG!!
It put me in a top mood and was chilled out! The fun started when i tried to walk to the kitchen LOL! My legs were like jelly.
It was the KWK Fiji Loa Waka med grind i used and the effects were very similar to the BKH 11yr waka so i'd guess they are the same Chemo type?
Next kava i get i'm going to try a not so heady variety just to see the difference.
Very happy with the purchase from KWK though and speedy delivery to the UK also:)
I think tonight i'll take it a bit steady Lol!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yes, KWK products are top draw. I don't like to get so my legs are giving way too much but it's fun occasionally to just get blasted. Responsibly of course ;-)