What's new

First Kava Kava

Fauzool

Kava Curious
So I will get my 11 yr tomorrow and I'm eager to try. I have a lot of problems most of which all stem from anxiety and stress from some sort. I'm hoping the kava will help me as I refuse to take medication. I heard about RT so I decided to buy some caps and have began using them. I've taken up to 14 caps a day so far for 2 days. Not feeling anything so I'm assuming I'm in RT. (NOW Brand) 250mg 30%
Should I increase capsule amount?
I will continue to update this thread as much as I can in hopes to get feedback from other members. Thank you all

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
So I will get my 11 yr tomorrow and I'm eager to try. I have a lot of problems most of which all stem from anxiety and stress from some sort. I'm hoping the kava will help me as I refuse to take medication. I heard about RT so I decided to buy some caps and have began using them. I've taken up to 14 caps a day so far for 2 days. Not feeling anything so I'm assuming I'm in RT. (NOW Brand) 250mg 30%
Should I increase capsule amount?
I will continue to update this thread as much as I can in hopes to get feedback from other members. Thank you all
The NOW brand capsules are really crappy, especially if simply swallowed. The only way I've ever gotten any sensation from those is to break them open and hold the contents under my tongue, for about three to five minutes. IF I ever need to use the NOW capsules (which is rare these days), I'll do that with two or three of them at one time, every couple of hours.

But again, forget the NOW capsules if you can, order something different like the Gaia capsules or just some regular root...

Fauzool

Kava Curious
The NOW brand capsules are really crappy, especially if simply swallowed. The only way I've ever gotten any sensation from those is to break them open and hold the contents under my tongue, for about three to five minutes. IF I ever need to use the NOW capsules (which is rare these days), I'll do that with two or three of them at one time, every couple of hours.

But again, forget the NOW capsules if you can, order something different like the Gaia capsules or just some regular root...
I have 11 yr coming today, I got them to help RT or to start the process sooner

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
No worries, my kava apparently got delivered to some other house so I still don't have it yet! And I took 10 now capsules at once I I think I maybe felt more relaxed but it could just be in my head :D
Haha yeah I'd imagine that 10 capsules would at least impart some relaxing effect. If I do take them, I take 4 to get some minimal anxiety reduction.

Like I said though, just be cautious of taking them for too long. When I used them for RT I got a little bit of dermo from them. I'm preeetty sure their kava is NOT noble.

Fauzool

Kava Curious
Well my 11yr kava was never found so I have to go through and and do a claim but I did order the sample pack from GKH and got my order today. I just did 1 table spoon of moi in 4oz orange juice and it doesn't taste as bad as I expected I've had a lot worse. So it's been about 5 mins my mouth is semi numb and I haven't felt the effects of the Kava as of yet my stomach does feel kinda queesy though. Just wanted to update

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Well my 11yr kava was never found so I have to go through and and do a claim but I did order the sample pack from GKH and got my order today. I just did 1 table spoon of moi in 4oz orange juice and it doesn't taste as bad as I expected I've had a lot worse. So it's been about 5 mins my mouth is semi numb and I haven't felt the effects of the Kava as of yet my stomach does feel kinda queesy though. Just wanted to update
What type did you buy? Instant, micro or root?

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Kava can stimulate the gut. Whether is the numbing effect or something else, I sometimes get the kava two step. I had a lot of the big D and gurgling when I first started drinking it, but my system as acclimated at this point and get no gurgles any more. Just nausea if I drink too much too fast.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I got he micro to start
I asked a question about this recently and the verdict seems to be that micro can cause a bit of stomach upset although I'm sure that @Steve Mariotti is right that with continued use it gets easier. I've never used micro but going to stick to instants, much less stomach trouble and I don't mind the extra cost.

Fauzool

Kava Curious
Thank you guys. First time I had some yesterday I had it with 4oz OJ and didn't taste that bad but now it seems it's starting to taste worse im gagging now and it could be because it's kinda chunky not sure how to eliminate the chunks and also the best way to mask the taste. As of yet I don't think it really has had any effects other than the numbing

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I find juices too sweet to chug on an empty stomach. Mind you, I sometimes go for up to 6 hours without food before drinking. I don't think it should be chunky?! Try putting it into a small bottle, like a 250ml (8oz or so) drinks bottle or bigger if you haven't got one, like a small water bottle or the like, and give it a really good shake for 20 seconds or so. I find this mixes instants pretty well with no lumps except for one which lumps whatever you do to it.

Also you could try using milk. This is something I've been doing a lot recently. I find it tastes ok, lines the stomach a little which dulls the "rush" effect but accentuates the nice, slow numb relaxation that builds slowly giving you a warm glow through your body accompanied by a nice happy feeling. (can you tell I've just had some ;-) ). I wouldn't obsess with masking the taste, just try to get used to it. I find nothing really takes the taste away that much, you're always going to taste something no matter what you mix it with. For me milk definitely helps to bring out the effects of the kava and might help you get started with feeling something.

Keep trying, you'll get there.

Fauzool

Kava Curious
Alright thanks, I could try almond milk since I'm lactose intolerant. I've only been doing 1 tbl spoon in 4oz liquid I should bump that to 8oz in a shaker? I could use my protein shaker :D As of yet I don't think I've had that happy happy feeling but generally I'm a happy person anyway.