What's new

Former Hawaiian Kava Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
There's not another Earth anywhere that we can find, and the fact that we are all alive and able to enjoy what this planet provides is simply amazing to me. I often look at the kava forums community as people I can easily relate to because we all share one thing in common. God's great gift to this planet. I also look at us as special. You guys ever see the movie, The Beach? The secret island. Only a place where we know, and we usually don't really care if others don't like kava because it means more for us. I don't understand all of this controversy over irrelevant thoughts and attacks on certain individuals over shit that is not going to matter 100 years from now anyway, because guess what ladies and gentlemen, we will all be fertilizing dandelions. This is not the kava way. I urge you all to put your shells high and toast to this incredible thing that we alone all get to share together. Our island, our beach, our kava from this great Earth, no matter how we have to get it, I give praise to all who grow and/or distribute kava. Let's stop all of this, and reunite.
Bula! To life!

the-beach.jpg

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Well Judd, I bet you would like to see my kava but the sad truth is, you will never get to see it. You know the reason, you know what you really think about me and I know that this is your way to say "I never believed you have acres of kava so prove it to me".
I think there are plenty of people that actually like me and appreciate the knowledge about kava that I share with them. It is these people who will come to see my kava farm and they will be my proof. I am sorry but you made your feelings about me and my knowledge very clear.
Aloha nui loa and most of all, Maikai ka hana O ka 'awa, roughly translated, "I grow the best kava".

Chris
What?! Nah, bruddah, my interest was genuine. I'm not stuck in the past. The biggest kava farm in Hawaii sounds impressive, and I've never seen it. Kava is my life and passion, so obviously I would want to see many acres of it. I mean you did invite everybody, including Doug, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he for sure doesn't believe that you have a huge kava farm. I just figured if he can come, I would be able to. I'll even follow tradition and bring you a gift of farm fresh kava from our partner farm in Tonga to show my good intentions and appreciation for hosting me. I hope you change your mind.

Aloha nui loa. Ke Akua pu a hui hou.

Last edited:

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
There's not another Earth anywhere that we can find, and the fact that we are all alive and able to enjoy what this planet provides is simply amazing to me. I often look at the kava forums community as people I can easily relate to because we all share one thing in common. God's great gift to this planet. I also look at us as special. You guys ever see the movie, The Beach? The secret island. Only a place where we know, and we usually don't really care if others don't like kava because it means more for us. I don't understand all of this controversy over irrelevant thoughts and attacks on certain individuals over shit that is not going to matter 100 years from now anyway, because guess what ladies and gentlemen, we will all be fertilizing dandelions. This is not the kava way. I urge you all to put your shells high and toast to this incredible thing that we alone all get to share together. Our island, our beach, our kava from this great Earth, no matter how we have to get it, I give praise to all who grow and/or distribute kava. Let's stop all of this, and reunite.
Bula! To life!

View attachment 8053
Well said!

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
Chris, I've said this before, you have the cleanest kava I have ever tried, and that is based on how I feel the next day on a consistent basis. Don't change a thing man. Keep the mahakea coming!
Mahakea is a good good friend, I don't even feel like trying anything else from GHK because that would mean I get less of the Mahakea :)

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
What?! Nah, bruddah, my interest was genuine. I'm not stuck in the past. The biggest kava farm in Hawaii sounds impressive, and I've never seen it. Kava is my life and passion, so obviously I would want to see many acres of it. I mean you did invite everybody, including Doug, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he for sure doesn't believe that you have a huge kava farm. I just figured if he can come, I would be able to. I'll even follow tradition and bring you a gift of farm fresh kava from our partner farm in Tonga to show my good intentions and appreciation for hosting me. I hope you change your mind.

Aloha nui loa. Ke Akua pu a hui hou.
I am glad to hear that you might have changed and that your not stuck in the past, that is good. But for me time tells all things and I need more time to make sure of your change. I will think about it and maybe in the future.
God bless you as well and maybe we will see each other one day.
Aloha.

Chris

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I am glad to hear that you might have changed and that your not stuck in the past, that is good. But for me time tells all things and I need more time to make sure of your change. I will think about it and maybe in the future.
God bless you as well and maybe we will see each other one day.
Aloha.

Chris
Great! No worries. But seriously, Doug can come check it out now, but I need to wait? C'mon!!! Maybe you can satiate my thirst for seeing huge fields of kava with a couple pictures of the "Field of Dreams"? I assume you have something like this? This is our partner farm in Tonga. This is about a third of the plantation.
Tonga.jpg

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Great! No worries. But seriously, Doug can come check it out now, but I need to wait? C'mon!!! Maybe you can satiate my thirst for seeing huge fields of kava with a couple pictures of the "Field of Dreams"? I assume you have something like this? This is our partner farm in Tonga. This is about a third of the plantation. View attachment 8054
If it will make you feel better, after thinking about the situation with Doug, I think it is in my best interest to not let him come over either, I don't need people like him over here. The way I grow kava is very different from the picture you have but yes you can look out and see plenty of kava, I have kava growing with trees and other things but plenty of kava.
Aloha.

Chris

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
If it will make you fell better, after thinking about the situation with Doug, I now will not let him come over either, I don't need people like him over here. The way I grow kava is very different from the picture you have but yes you can look out and see plenty of kava, more trees and other things but plenty of kava.
Aloha.

Chris
Awesome! Well, not about Doug, that's unfortunate... But I can't wait to see the pictures of the kava fields. Maybe I'll use them as a new screen saver!

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
Awesome! Well, not about Doug, that's unfortunate... But I can't wait to see the pictures of the kava fields. Maybe I'll use them as a new screen saver!
There's some videos on youtube. The kava plants are interspersed with trees and other plants, in what looks almost like a jungle or rainforest (not sure if that is technically what the climate is), so it doesn't look like rows of corn in a cornfield or something, but I understand there is a lot of acreage. (A couple years ago Chris said he had about 20 acres of kava). Plus Chris likes to shoot close ups of the plants. You would probably need a drone or something to get the whole picture. e.g.:

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Kava and squabbles go together like waffles and cocaine . Damn I took a couple of weeks off of kava and come back to a board war! The very reason I do kava
is to stay mellow and out of conflict. Just fooking harmonize dudes !

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
There's some videos on youtube. The kava plants are interspersed with trees and other plants, in what looks almost like a jungle or rainforest (not sure if that is technically what the climate is), so it doesn't look like rows of corn in a cornfield or something, but I understand there is a lot of acreage. (A couple years ago Chris said he had about 20 acres of kava). Plus Chris likes to shoot close ups of the plants. You would probably need a drone or something to get the whole picture. e.g.:
Oh yeah, I'm all about the micro photos and videos too, they're awesome! And I get idea of planting among native plants. Much of the plantation in my picture above is actually like that, and my partner farm in Fiji plants this way as well. You can usually get some good photos of the sprawling forest covered with kava plants amongst the trees. That's what I was hoping to see! Maybe Chris could share another video of him walking through his many acres of kava. It would be like the movie @PepperyPyrone mentioned earlier, except instead of walking into an MJ field, it would be a field of kava.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Wow those are some huge looking plants, there was one root in there that looked like it was the size of a tree trunk. I think I could spend all day looking at kava.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Yeah, I'm not a farmer, but I guess the idea is: if you cut down all those trees you could pack a lot more kava in there and grow it like an industrial crop. But that might not be sustainable, and definitely bad for the native trees and wildlife, so since Chris does have a lot of land, he can space the kava out to optimize growing conditions...

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Yeah, I'm not a farmer, but I guess the idea is: if you cut down all those trees you could pack a lot more kava in there and grow it like an industrial crop. But that might not be sustainable, and definitely bad for the native trees and wildlife, so since Chris does have a lot of land, he can space the kava out to optimize growing conditions...
Yes, polyculture is important for the health of the soil. It allows the land to be reused over time as different plants take, and give back different nutrients. It's great with wild native plants, but also with other cash crops.

I think Chris should take those of us banned from the farm, and those that can't make it to the Big Island for a video tour of this massive kava plantation we keep hearing about. Maybe he could explain the other plants that are growing with his kava. That would be awesome!

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
I think you should say dude not dudes, I have no problem and I am in harmony. (y) There is only one person that started this mess.
Aloha.

Chris
Fair enough Chris, like I said I was gone while this went down and don't have a clue. Just some bizarre facebook posts. Anyway hope all is well with you and your's.

I don't know what I have missed during my long lurking of these forums. But what is the beef between Chris and Judd? If you don't want to air any of it feel free to pm. As for the kavasseur he seems to be very back and forth this is not the first debate, disagreement can't think of the right word atm. I do hope the best for him I would personally seek legal action because he has seemed to cross a line that by no means should of been crossed publicly. Then playing the victim afterwards when people react to his own bs seems very crazy ex gf style stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.