What's new

I Love Kava Friday Friday Thread: Freedom Friday!

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
@verticity Don't worry... it's really dumb.

A game of peripheral vision, trickery and motor skills.

The game starts out when the Offensive Player creates a circle with their thumb and forefinger, not unlike an "A-Okay" signal, somewhere below his waist.

His goal is to trick another person into looking at his hand. If the Victim looks at the hand, he has lost the game, and is subsequently hit on the bicep with a closed fist, by the offensive player.

Rules:
1. The Offensive Player's hand must be below his waist.

2. The Victim should attempt to see the circle without looking down. In other words, by peripheral vision, the Victim realizes there is a circle-hand event occurring. The Victim has two possible methods to win the game:

a. The Victim does not look down at the signal. Instead, the Victim stares the Offensive Player in the eye and says, "I'm not going to look at that." (or words to that effect.)

b. The Victim does not look down at the signal. Instead, the Victim quickly pokes his index finger through the Offensive Player's circle-hand display. If he can poke inside and break the circle, HE wins, and gets to hit the Offensive player in the bicep. This action requires excellent motor skills (to poke the circle without actually looking directly at it.)

3. If the Victim looks at the circle, he loses (and is hit.)

4. If the Victim attempts to poke the circle and misses, he loses (and is hit.)

5. If the Victim attempts to poke the circle and Offensive player closes the circle, trapping Victim's finger, then the Victim loses (and is hit.)

It is customary to playfully "wipe off the hit" after it is delivered. (Quick open hand brush on the bicep.)

There is no limit on the type of distraction allowed by the Offensive Player to draw attention to the signal. A good tactic is saying, "Hey, is this yours?" Or, "You oughta try one of these."

There is no limit on the number of times a day you can try this out. You'll find some people are "easy to get" and some people have good alertness and peripheral vision, "tougher to get."

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
A game of peripheral vision, trickery and motor skills.
Actually when you explain it that way it doesn't sound so dumb.
Rules:
1. The Offensive Player's hand must be below his waist.
There is no limit on the type of distraction allowed by the Offensive Player to draw attention to the signal. A good tactic is saying, "Hey, is this yours?" Or, "You oughta try one of these."
No limit... so the offensive player being naked, and the "OK" sign encircling his tumescent member?

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Actually when you explain it that way it doesn't sound so dumb.

No limit... so the offensive player being naked, and the "OK" sign encircling his tumescent member?
I stole that from UrbanDictionary. I suppose someone has done it naked. I mean, people play poker naked.

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
I fail to see how that is equivalent to requirements for a drivers or restaurant license, it's more like a fishing license, where you are paying a small fee for the government to recognize your activity.
I would like to see the government get out of the marriage business altogether. No government marriage licenses, no tax differences between married and unmarried. It would be cool if they just sort of let people be and do what they wanted without paying any money or signing any forms.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
I would like to see the government get out of the marriage business altogether. No government marriage licenses, no tax differences between married and unmarried. It would be cool if they just sort of let people be and do what they wanted without paying any money or signing any forms.
Paying money and signing forums is what the govt is for. You some sort of anarchist?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
this is also my view.::happyshell::

verticity

I'm interested in things
That picture of the foot with bad dermo looks really familiar.

kanikani-r.jpg

Where have I seen that before?
Oh, right:

lfe-on-mars.jpg

There is clearly an advanced civilization on that person's foot capable of building canals.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Paying money and signing forums is what the govt is for. You some sort of anarchist?
I think you misunderstood him. He means that you should be able to just be married without bureaucracy. That would be cool but it can't work (or it would at least be very difficult) in the industrialized world for many reasons. One reason is that when you die, you will have ten spouses claiming your stuff! Even in places where marriage is falling out of style, it is still helpful to know who is who to who... as much as possible. Modern societies do well with listings and registries, I think. I reject marriage as a necessary institution so such a concept is actually fun to think about.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
@HeadHodge are you ever up in oceanside ?
If so, pick up some kava from Oloa Samoa, I've been wondering how it is. (y)
  • 1906 Oceanside Blvd ... b/t Commerce St & Saratoga St, Oceanside, CA
  • Phone number(760) 757-6562

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@HeadHodge are you ever up in oceanside ?
If so, pick up some kava from Oloa Samoa, I've been wondering how it is. (y)
  • 1906 Oceanside Blvd ... b/t Commerce St & Saratoga St, Oceanside, CA
  • Phone number(760) 757-6562
During our annual nomadic migration up and down the west coast we stop there twice a year (at least), so thanks I'll definitely check it out. Maybe I'll get a stash, catch the next ferry at Dana Point and meet you on Catalina Island for a few shells and some snorkeling.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
During our annual nomadic migration up and down the west coast we stop there twice a year (at least), so thanks I'll definitely check it out. Maybe I'll get a stash, catch the next ferry at Dana Point and meet you on Catalina Island for a few shells and some snorkeling.
That could work with my annual nomadic migration to Catalina. ::chugger::
(annual because the catalina express is free on your birthday)
lina02.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg lina03.jpg IMG_1458.jpg IMG_1526.jpg IMG_1528.jpg