What's new

Fu'u

kl.Flank

Kava Curious
I think part of my problem is I am using 1 cup of kava to 2 cups water.... which from what other people are using seems strong.  Is that to much?

kl.Flank

Kava Curious
Krunkedout said:
I use the ratio of 2 tablespoons per 1 cup of water. I usually drink between 3 and 4 cups of this a night
I think your tolerance is much lower then mine... or you got better stuff, I suppose if I can keep stomaching the stuff I will get there.... I noticed pure lemon juice helps a lot!

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Flank said:
Krunkedout said:
I use the ratio of 2 tablespoons per 1 cup of water. I usually drink between 3 and 4 cups of this a night
I think your tolerance is much lower then mine... or you got better stuff, I suppose if I can keep stomaching the stuff I will get there.... I noticed pure lemon juice helps a lot!
could be. After you've been drinking awhile your reverse tolerance (if it exists) should go down and you can use less. I actually use more than when I started. When I first Egan drinkin kava I would only use 4 tablespoons

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
hey flank, 2 different schools of thought. Make a stronger batch and drink less, or make a weaker batch and drink more. I personally do 1cup/2cup ratio but I only drink 3-4 ounces to get pretty strong effect. The only problem with this method is that its much easier to go overboard really fast. To me the only problem with the weaker brew method is that if i dont drink all of the kava at once then i dont have as strong of an effect. For example if i slam 6 ounces at once I get a completely different effect than if i drink 2 ounces wait, 2 ounces wait 2 ounces. If i do that method i barely get any effects at all. I think its different from person to person.

kl.Flank

Kava Curious
mos3z said:
hey flank, 2 different schools of thought. Make a stronger batch and drink less, or make a weaker batch and drink more. I personally do 1cup/2cup ratio but I only drink 3-4 ounces to get pretty strong effect. The only problem with this method is that its much easier to go overboard really fast. To me the only problem with the weaker brew method is that if i dont drink all of the kava at once then i dont have as strong of an effect. For example if i slam 6 ounces at once I get a completely different effect than if i drink 2 ounces wait, 2 ounces wait 2 ounces. If i do that method i barely get any effects at all. I think its different from person to person.
Cool thanks... yeah even when I make the 2 to 1 ratio it still takes quite a bit more then you.

kl.bukukava

Kava Curious
Don't tell me kava dries out your skin. I am an e-cig user and my skin is already dehydrated enough!

I'm gonna have to chug gallons every couple hours if this is true. lol.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
bukukava said:
Don't tell me kava dries out your skin. I am an e-cig user and my skin is already dehydrated enough!

I'm gonna have to chug gallons every couple hours if this is true. lol.
start filling some cleaned out milk jugs with water my friend.

kl.legbuh

Kava Curious
My new fu'u method is a teaspoon under the tongue for as long as I want, then wash it down. A variation of toss n wash. :)

It's so powdery I'm not going to go through the trouble of straining it.