What's new

Forum News General Price Thread & Spreadsheet

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm working on keeping a spreadsheet of all of the current prices of today's kava powders.

Google Drive Price Spreadsheet

Vendors: Please send me a conversation message with your email address, and I'll add you to be able to update your own section of the spreadsheet if you would like.

*Updated 07/28/2020
  • Updated all pricing & availability.

Updated 07/24/2020

Updated 07/22/2020
  • Kava Time
    • New Kava: Santo's Pride Available

Updated 07/21/2020
  • Kava Time
    • Gourmet Savusavu Waka - Back in stock
  • Gourmet Hawaiian Kava
    • Hiwa Instant - Back in Stock

Updated 07/17/2020
  • Cactus Kava
    • All Micronized kavas now in stock
    • All powdered kavas now in stock
  • The Kava Roots
    • Tongan Family Reserve now back in stock

Updated 07/16/2020
  • Kalm with Kava: back in stock
    • Pouni Ono Micronized
    • Borogu Micronized
    • Vula Waka Micronized
Updated 07/15/2020
  • No changes from yesterday.

Updated 07/14/2020
  • Cactus Kava: Malolo Medium Grind Kava back in stock.

Updated 07/13/2020

Updated 07/10/2020
  • Kalm With Kava: Borogu and Vula Waka back in stock

Updated 07/09/2020
  • Kavafied - Kava Lapita Back in stock.

Updated 07/07/2020
  • Kava Society NZ - Several single cultivars available again.

Updated 07/06/2020

Updated 07/03/2020

Updated 07/02/2020
  • GHK - Ikaika back in stock.

Updated 07/01/2020
  • GHK - Mahakea and Moi Instant back in stock

Updated 06/30/2020
  • Updated all pricing and availability.

Updated 06/29/2020
  • New Kava from Kavatime: Koro Waka

Updated 06/25/2020
  • Real Kava: Five Star Kava back in stock!

Updated 06/23/2020
  • MeloMelo Available from KWK
  • Superior Vanuatu Kava Available from ROH
Updated 06/22/2020
Updated 06/21/2020
Updated 06/19/2020
  • KWK - Borongoru back in stock
Updated 06/18/2020
  • Bula Kava House - Nangol Noble Kava back in stock

Updated 06/17/2020
  • Kavafied - Supreme is now back in stock.

Updated 06/16/2020
  • ROH: Superior Vanuatu in stock. Standard Vanuatu powder out of stock.

Updated 06/14/2020
  • No changes.

Updated 06/13/2020
  • No changes.

Updated 06/12/2020
  • Edit: ROH has several kavas now available that out of stock for a few days.
  • Bula Kava House is in the process of restocking
  • (From BKH newsletter)
    What To Expect In The Coming Weeks From Bula Kava House!

We Anticipate Having Kava Available Soon!

We have been sold out of much kava recently due to difficult shipping logistics from the Pacific Islands. Unfortunately, all passenger planes were grounded. Freight from the Pacific Islands typically goes on passenger planes, so this has presented a challenge.
    Our large shipment of kava is in the US now; it is going through customs and FDA clearance. We hope to have this available in the next two weeks.
    The following kava blends will be available when once we recieve our shipment: Nambawan, 11 Year Waka, Nangol Noble, Melo Melo, and Vanuatu Instant Green Tea.
    We are working very hard to keep stock coming in and greatly appreciate all of your patience and understanding!

Updated 06/11/2020
  • GHK - Mahakea Medium Grind in stock

Updated 06/10/2020
  • Added kavas back in stock for Kavatime
  • Removed a few kavas from Root of Happiness stock.

Updated 06/09/2020

Updated 05/29/2020
  • Updated all pricing and availability. (Finally!)
  • Added Kava Society NZ
  • Removed KavaKing

Last edited:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
It all looks good until you factor in the shipping cost. My shipping in the USA is free. This fact makes the prices seem a bit un real or not true. You should factor in the shipping if you truly want to get the "General Price of Kava" Edit-- 4-5-2019 Because of the USPS raising their price so many times over the years and their most recent one was a sizeable one, I had to start charging shipping.
Aloha.

Chris

Last edited:

___

Kava Curious
Hmmm might have to give cactus kava a try.
In the past I found cactus kava to not be very potent. It was still good for what it is though, just not necessary a good value for your dollars. Ultimately it was still kava and didn't make me sick, so there's not really anything wrong with it.

It all looks good until you factor in the shipping cost. My shipping in the USA is free. This fact makes the prices seem a bit un real or not true. You should factor in the shipping if you truly want to get the "General Price of Kava"
Aloha.

Chris
But you don't include bulk discounts right? [Edit: I mean it would be weird if you did, given your concern with kava bars buying up all your stock with bulk purchases.] With some other vendors you can buy in bulk to save money on the shipping, which brings the effective price significantly below the cost of 1lb + shipping. There's not really a simple way to give the "true value" in a single number.

The free shipping is definitely worth mentioning on the chart though and it looks like that's been added if it wasn't there before.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
There's not really a simple way to give the "true value" in a single number.
Agreed on that. It will still rely on the individual reading the chart to research shipping rates, as they change. I'm going to do my best to continue to keep up with these prices so we can have an ongoing list. Vendors please correct me where I'm off, or I can set the doc to allow you to edit your own section if you'd like.

___

Kava Curious
Agreed on that. It will still rely on the individual reading the chart to research shipping rates, as they change.
Uhuh, and the shipping is going to be a bit different for everyone since we're in different locations. It's still a cool chart though. Going through the various reviews, looking up prices, etc can take a very long time so this simplifies a step.

tarragon

Kava Curious
It all looks good until you factor in the shipping cost. My shipping in the USA is free. This fact makes the prices seem a bit un real or not true. You should factor in the shipping if you truly want to get the "General Price of Kava"
Aloha.

Chris
Yes!!! Thank you Chris for the free shipping. And thank you for preserving the unique and wonderful Hawaiian kavas and making them available to us. And thank you for sharing your knowledge with us, and thank you for giving people jobs. And thank you for taking such great care in making excellent micronized kava with makas expertly removed. You serve a Noble cause.Much respect.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Yes!!! Thank you Chris for the free shipping. And thank you for preserving the unique and wonderful Hawaiian kavas and making them available to us. And thank you for sharing your knowledge with us, and thank you for giving people jobs. And thank you for taking such great care in making excellent micronized kava with makas expertly removed. You serve a Noble cause.Much respect.
You are so very welcome. This is my life and it is what I do. It can only get better. (y)
Aloha nui loa.

Chris

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Added Quantity discounts* for purchase of 2 lbs. Also, added field for coupon codes.

*Listed discounts on their website. Any bulk discounts over two lbs please contact the vendor directly, as they may have a volume discount.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Agreed on that. It will still rely on the individual reading the chart to research shipping rates, as they change. I'm going to do my best to continue to keep up with these prices so we can have an ongoing list. Vendors please correct me where I'm off, or I can set the doc to allow you to edit your own section if you'd like.
Just keep the shipping rates quoted a single common location and everyone can adjust their location to it. Kinda like GMT is to timezones.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Last time I got GHK it was six pounds in a Priority Mail box. Got 4 more pounds coming just today. Whichever way it comes, if's gonna be coming on island time. No big deal either way.
After checking my trash bin I can confirm that my recent GHK package was USPS Priority 3 day. I can also confirm that I ordered kava from 3 different vendors on the same day (two of which ship from the lower 48) and got all three orders on the same day.
Thanks guys, I figured this could be an addition to Kapm's price list, as it is a commonly asked question among new members.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I've added shipping carriers and carrier delivery times to the spreadsheet, as well as some notes related to certain vendors.

Let me know if there is anything else that would be helpful to list with these vendors.

___

Kava Curious
I loved kavaboy but they took forever to ship and get it to me too. I take it it's a Hawaii thing... just had to plan the order enough in advance that it isn't a problem.

Naturally this lead to me ordering a lot of wakacaon with prime shipping due to my bad planning, which in retrospect seems like a massive missed opportunity. I never even got to do a proper bulk order from them and they supposedly had bulk discounts.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Some vendors have more of a policy on this than others ;) I'll ask around and do some searching.
Yeah. I know this one might be hard but it would be good to get some commitment from whatever vendors are willing to. Kava vendors, in general, at times seem to be the slowest and most unpredictable on when they'll get an order to the post office. It does get really annoying placing an order on Wednesday, paying for priority shipping, then realizing on Friday you need to pay for a weekend overnight upgrade for whatever Amazon Prime happens to have available.