What's new

God, that third shell is brutal.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Ligermeat. I use a 16 oz can of coconut water and maybe 4-6 oz of water to make a 16 oz bottle of kava (.75 cup of powder). I throw it in the fridge and get it cold. It goes down a lot easier when its cold and the taste is somewhat masked. I still gargle water after every shell but I don't dwell on it. DO NOT DWELL ON IT. Gargle and forget about it. Don't keep reminding your stomach or it will rebel against you. Anyway, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
@blindy107, that's a new twist on the smoothie. Excellent way to keep your girlish figure. I hate to admit it, but sometimes Kava gives me the munchies. Perhaps a habit left over from my much younger years.
Hell yeah, let's get wasted on beer and eat doritos and ice cream until the small hours!!! :)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Ginger eliminates this immediatley .
Has to be good quality . Orange flavored almost and very spicey.
Mountain rose herbs. Ginger root powder.
Works litterally immediatley

TribalCulture

Krunkonomicon
When I started drinking, gag was the worst, however I grew acquainted to the taste by freezing a few batches and adding a few kava cubes to smoothies, water etc. It goes down smoother than a fresh cup of coffee in the morning now

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Shell 1:

"That was pretty bad, but at least I'll feel it."

Shell 2:

"Oh sweet mother of Buddha!, Why?"

Shell 3:

*barf*

Yes friends, I often want to redose da kava, but the taste keeps holding me back. What can be done about this, and how can I overcome this dark side of the root?
I skip that third wash now cause of that, hell depending on the kava, I have a hard time on the second wash sometimes.

KavaKitty

Meaow
I'm a lucky girl; the taste of The Root doesn't bother me in the slightest. I make sure it's super cold (I pop it in the freezer for 20 minutes before downing the first shell) then just toss it back. I've never had a problem with the taste. Of course, I do have the gas.....

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
I'm a lucky girl; the taste of The Root doesn't bother me in the slightest. I make sure it's super cold (I pop it in the freezer for 20 minutes before downing the first shell) then just toss it back. I've never had a problem with the taste. Of course, I do have the gas.....
Yup, drinking it cold makes a huge difference. That + ginger + don't breathe through the nose while drinking = tolerable.

Oh,and Fijian kava is by far the mildest/best tasting (to me at least). Contrast to Vanuatu spicy kava {shudder!}.

kavayo

Kava Enthusiast
KalmWithKava's kava seems to be the best tasting for me. I don't know why but I don't mind the taste. I use four tablespoons per cup blender method.

Also!! If you get his concentrate and put just ONE tablespoon of it in your shell, it'll taste really sweet. Two tablespoons and you can't taste kava but just the thick concentrate. I've noticed it getting first timers really krunk too as it seems to side step reverse tolerance due to its bio-availability.