What's new

Has anyone heard if Pouni Ono will ever be available again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
In the meantime, we've tried out a few new varieties from Fiji and Vanuatu - one which is very promising. Hoping to work out a deal soon and roll it out in the coming months to see if its a good replacement :)
Any word on these potential new varieties?
Putting together an order from you soon, so if you need someone to test em out I'd gladly help :rolleyes:

theGrogfather

We've got a shipment landing hopefully the end of this week or early next week with a new kava I'm very excited about ;-) KF will be the first to know when its ready.
That's awesome, I will definitely wait to place my order!
Any chance you could drop some hints on what this new kava is?

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
That's awesome, I will definitely wait to place my order!
Any chance you could drop some hints on what this new kava is?
Its actually one of the most unique kava varieties I've come across from Fiji and a great addition to Vula and Loa. It hits on all areas for daytime / afternoon use. Very social but not jittery or too stimulating while at the same time offering some nice chill aspects without the couch-lock. We previewed a small shipment at a kava bar we supply and the feedback was very positive so we're adding it to the KWK stable.

theGrogfather

Its actually one of the most unique kava varieties I've come across from Fiji and a great addition to Vula and Loa. It hits on all areas for daytime / afternoon use. Very social but not jittery or too stimulating while at the same time offering some nice chill aspects without the couch-lock. We previewed a small shipment at a kava bar we supply and the feedback was very positive so we're adding it to the KWK stable.
Your Fijian arsenal is killing it, I already love both the Loa and Vula so the addition of a third Fijian that's more daytime is music to my ears :) nice work

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
that's a very accurate description of our experience with damu at my house. Definitely a great kava to drink with others. Plus there's that nice bit of euphoria icing at the beginning of the cupcake, not usually found with Fijians. A bonus, not make or break, but a nice touch.

schatz

itchin for kava
that's a very accurate description of our experience with damu at my house. Definitely a great kava to drink with others. Plus there's that nice bit of euphoria icing at the beginning of the cupcake, not usually found with Fijians. A bonus, not make or break, but a nice touch.
I totally agree. Hey Krunkie, how do I get my wife to enjoy more than ocassional use. I have tried instant,kalm's concentrate and various sweet concoctions and she still can't get past the flavor of dirt that we enjoy. I just wish she would prefer drinking kava to alcohol so we could be on the same team again.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I totally agree. Hey Krunkie, how do I get my wife to enjoy more than ocassional use. I have tried instant,kalm's concentrate and various sweet concoctions and she still can't get past the flavor of dirt that we enjoy. I just wish she would prefer drinking kava to alcohol so we could be on the same team again.
Well, you could give her anxiety and insomnia, that worked for me, although I really thought, given her advanced elderly status as a senior citizen of increasing age, plus she's getting old, she should cut down/quit/say na na na na hey hey hey to alcohol and kava worked wonders for all of it. Like me she hated the taste for months, but kept plowing through. Yes, the concentrate and the candies helped, as did coconut milk for adding to the prepping water, and pineapples and ginger beer for chasing. I think mostly what did it, though, was envy. She saw me really enjoying the hell out of kava, waking up with no hangovers, LOSING WEIGHT, and she wanted summa dat for herself.

If it helps, my mocha kava recipe is about 4 oz kava, 4 oz coffee, 1 oz half and half and a tsp or two of fruit syrup (I get the Polish kind) - strawberry, raspberry, cherry, anything you like. Then add lots of ice. It's a really nice summer drink.

schatz

itchin for kava
Well, you could give her anxiety and insomnia, that worked for me, although I really thought, given her advanced elderly status as a senior citizen of increasing age, plus she's getting old, she should cut down/quit/say na na na na hey hey hey to alcohol and kava worked wonders for all of it. Like me she hated the taste for months, but kept plowing through. Yes, the concentrate and the candies helped, as did coconut milk for adding to the prepping water, and pineapples and ginger beer for chasing. I think mostly what did it, though, was envy. She saw me really enjoying the hell out of kava, waking up with no hangovers, LOSING WEIGHT, and she wanted summa dat for herself.

If it helps, my mocha kava recipe is about 4 oz kava, 4 oz coffee, 1 oz half and half and a tsp or two of fruit syrup (I get the Polish kind) - strawberry, raspberry, cherry, anything you like. Then add lots of ice. It's a really nice summer drink.
Thanks for that, thats too funny. She's not like most of us kava drinkers I guess I should consider myself lucky she has put up with me all these years. I guess she is not having any negative issues yet from alcohol, I just hope it never gets to that and I think I would rather see her drink kava. And even though kava has been great for me the alcohol just will not let you see it unless it wants to. Does that sound wierd, I think alcohol just puts people in a place of denial and they only see it how they want to see it. Then again what is reality and whos is right? I like the kava reality I am in because at least like you said there are positive benefits and wish she could see it and come over to our team. But at least she is ok with me drinking kava and supports it so I can't complain.

Kavawizaz

Hey I am new to kava world but have tried kalm with kava vula waka and loved it!

But will pouni be in stock again in September i so want to try from reading the reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Correct. We do have Pouni coming back as well, possibly as early as 4 weeks.
That's great news, i think a lot of people are interested in this. How do you plan to announce it as i would think that it might sell out the day it comes available....e.g people buying several kilos...

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
That's great news, i think a lot of people are interested in this. How do you plan to announce it as i would think that it might sell out the day it comes available....e.g people buying several kilos...
As always, we'll post here first as soon as it's available for our KF family :)

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
@Kalm with Kava , can you describe this particular batch of Pouni Ono?
We can never be 100% certain until it actually arrives and goes through all the proper tests but it is coming from the same area of Tonga the original Pouni came from and the same variety we purchased back then. Should be here in about 10 days and then we need another week to get all the tests back and do a proper sampling ourselves before releasing but I'll definitely let everyone know when its ready!

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Cool, any word on the price since tongan kava seems to be very expensive at them moment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.