What's new

Hey Chris! Look out for Iselle & Julio!!!!!!!!!!!

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
Be careful my friend, hope there's not much damage to your land or kava

Keep us posted

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Chris said that he is not worried about his house, evidently it is on high ground. But Chris, we are more worried about the Kava!:eek: Maybe he will have a post hurricane sale. :D
Hopefully Steve and Adil are on high ground too. I wish them the very best. They may need some strong Kava to get them thru the nerve wrecking storms.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Well everyone, so far it is just wet and windy here, it is not on top of us yet but I will keep you all posted as to how things are going.
My house here does not flood because of all the lava tubes and cracks in my area but I am worried about the wind and yes my kava too. Kava does not like strong winds so I might have to have a kava sale after the storm passes.
Time to go and make sure I have enough instant kava, I have a feeling I might be needing a quick fix. (y) You know just to keep things mellow, heck even my dog is looking at my kava with drooling eyes. :D Thanks for your concern everyone.
Aloha till the next report, as long as I have my satellite connection and electricity.

Chris

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Well everyone, so far it is just wet and windy here, it is not on top of us yet but I will keep you all posted as to how things are going.
My house here does not flood because of all the lava tubes and cracks in my area but I am worried about the wind and yes my kava too. Kava does not like strong winds so I might have to have a kava sale after the storm passes.
Time to go and make sure I have enough instant kava, I have a feeling I might be needing a quick fix. (y) You know just to keep things mellow, heck even my dog is looking at my kava with drooling eyes. :D Thanks for your concern everyone.
Aloha till the next report, as long as I have my satellite connection and electricity.

Chris
SAVE THE PLANTS DAG NABBIT!!!???:arghh::banghead:
Whatever you do save the plants!!
What about yourself and the dog?....Who cares about you and the dog, my god man this is KAVA! :eek::mad::banghead:
Hahaha, kidding aside be safe Chris, it'll be a good punch but Iselle should at least remain a minimal hurricane or strong tropical storm on impact.
Julio on the other hand will likely be a near scrape and miss so Iselles the one to watch.
Here's some images of this *very* rare occurrence
ep201409_sat.jpg

hifloat3_None_anim.gif

Iselle Infrared
hifloat13_None_anim.gif

Iselle Visible imagery.
HurTrackPacific1.gif

The path of both storms.
Anyone on Hawaii batten down the hatches, we've got a live one! (y)

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Dream on Shakas, Dream on.:D hey, maybe only the lateral roots rain down on your yard. :ROFLMAO:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Stay safe Chris, here's hoping that all your property will make it out unscathed. If you need help cleaning up your property afterwards I am available. I will bring a tent and a kava strainer.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Stay safe Chris, here's hoping that all your property will make it out unscathed. If you need help cleaning up your property afterwards I am available. I will bring a tent and a kava strainer.
And I will come with him. Don't call me Roaddog for nothing. Hawaii, is one of the only states I have never been too. Much love. Roaddog....

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi All, it is now 5 PM in Hawaii right now, the hurricane has started and will go right over us. We have tons of rain right now and a lot of wind but thankfully the wind is not as bad so far. I hope it stays that way, I am worried about the wind, the power has been out in several places. I figured I would give an update while the satellite signal is good and while we still have power. I will try to post more later if I can.
Thanks for all the well wishes and I have plenty of room for a bunch of tents. (y)
Aloha.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Well guys, the eye of the storm will be here soon. It is raining a lot and the wind is wiping, there are trees falling down everywhere, I guess that will be good after the storm for me at least since I am a woodworker. Our power is out but I am a ham radio operator and I have back up power and all kinds of neat stuff for times like this and I can hear all the goings on everywhere with my radios.
I am going to get some sleep now, thanks to some micronized Papa Kea I got from my personal stash. This should help me sleep through the wind and the rain. :dead: I just don't want any trees falling close by my house or on my kava plants. :eek:
Talk to you guys tomorrow if I am still here. :nailbiting:
Aloha.

Chris
P.S. are there any other ham radio operators here on the forums?

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hay everyone, I am still here. :D There are a o lot of trees down everywhere but none on my house and that is good. There was a tree that feel and almost hit my power line but missed it by about a foot. It is still very wet and raining and we have the other storm coming but it is going to miss us to a larger extent than the first one did, this is the first one to hit land in over 20 years. There is a lot of flooding and other stuff like that but so far I have not heard any reports of any loss of life and that is truly great. All the phone lines are down even the cell phones. I am using my ham radio to communicate. Thanks again everyone for all the well wishes and I am glad that this hurricane did not do as much damage as it could have. Now I have to go and take care of all my kava. My farm here took it prety good, a few broken stalks but no real damage. I will still have a storm surge sale very soon. (y) Aloha.

Chris

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
Glad to hear you are well Chris, as you say it may have been worse check out this lightning from Iselle