What's new

Powdered Kava Review Hiwa - Medium Grind

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
This is an interesting kava. I would describe it as a heavier Nene. This is the second time I have drunk this kava and the first time I was rather underwhelmed but that can happen first time with a new root. Second time round and I am getting a bit more from it. I don't notice any heady effects and I can't say I feel much in the body. I have been drinking some pretty strong body kavas recently though so perhaps I have been spoilt. What I do get from this is a deep relaxing feeling and awesome anti anxiety effects. I don't feel much in the way of sedation but I don't think it will keep me awake. I would say this fills a niche in between the absolute strength of Hanakapi Ai and the calm, mild sedation of Nene. It's possibly one of the best anti anxiety kavas I have had in a while and the relaxation you do get is pretty deep. 6 tbsps. hasn't incapacitated me but I'm glad I'm on the sofa. I wouldn't want to use this during the day at this dose but at a lighter level it would possibly be the perfect daytime anti anxiety kava. You won't lose control of your limbs or your mind but the world will seem like a better place after. I'm in two minds as to whether I will order this again given the other fantastic kavas available from GHK and others but I'm glad I tried it and will certainly enjoy the rest of the bag in the right situation.