What's new

How long does kava stay "built up" in your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
A while back I was consuming kava around 4 times a week. I was getting some decent results (sometimes stronger than others). Last week I was on vacation and didn't have any kava for almost a week and a half (vacation time is alcohol time ;) ).

So a few days ago I started back on kava and although I can feel the results, they seem to be very diminished (similar dosage and prep methods as before vacation). So my question is, how long does kava stay built up in one's system? I realize this can vary greatly from person to person depending on many factors. But would a week and a half put me back to a reverse tolerance stage?

Also when I first started on kava I started out using just water, then switched to juice (which tasted great) then back to mostly water with just a little juice to flavor. But I'm thinking now I need to go back to full juice because the last couple of times the taste was really getting to me. I couldn't drink it right down quickly......that may also be affecting me not feeling it as much I suppose?

Sorry, couple of comments/questions in there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

EQ

Atman
I wonder if this build up is based on Alcohol time. It was just discussed I believe that with Alcohol in the system Kava does not work as well.

This makes sense in Alchemical terms.

Alcohol is Black Fire (Satanic/Sin)
Kava is White Water.

The more Alcohol in your body will tranfigure the Kava into Air. Air can turn into painful pockets in the body. Air will not give the Kava effect as the effect is in it's water.

This also means the more emotional Fire, struggle, in drinking will also transfigure the Water to Air. The air pockets will develop in the stomache or throat. This is nausea. I have not suffered any nausea or lack of symptoms in months due to respecting ancient science. I pray to the Kava, and warm myself to it, and drink with nothing more than respect. It tastes just like water.

Drop Alcohol forever as it will send you to hell, both in this life and after, and burns all emotional healing of the Kava. You can drink Kava, and begin warming to your soul, and society hates that so the stress sends people back to the booze to burn in the abyss with thy fellow demons. Stay real.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
I actually just read a post by Henry (maybe the one you're referring to?). It had been around 24 hrs since I had any alcohol when I went back to kava.......maybe not long enough?

Thing is I don't really want to completely quit alcohol, I just don't want it to be a daily thing the way it had been for years. I've always like the phrase "anything in moderation" although I realize that won't work for everyone.

I'm going full juice in the Aluball when I get home from work.....we'll see how it goes.

Oh one thing on the AluBalls.......don't shake them to hard. I actually split one of the screens a little last night.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Alcohol may be the culprit. Preparation or bad product is more likely the problem. I did not consume much kava in the first half of this year, about a pound a month with weeks-long breaks inbetween each pound, and I never had any issue getting effects from it.

Last edited:

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
Hmmm, I'd have to say prep or no kava and just alcohol the previous week. The kava is from a reputable vendor here.

Any idea on how long kava will stay at decent levels in your body before diminishing?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
It's just not how kava works. If you prepare good kava properly, you shouldn't need kava already in your body. Kavain's half life is something like 9 hours so if you consume kava 24 hours after consuming kava the previous day, it's likely already completely eliminated from your system, but people still get plenty of good effects consuming kava at 24 hr intervals or greater.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
Ok, I see now. I had been under the impression that (most, not all) people just starting out on it had to drink it for several days or a week before they began feeling effects.....that the kavalactones (sp?) had to build up in their system. Man I was totally off base then, thanks for clarifying this.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Stay real.
Indeed ;-)

Ok, I see now. I had been under the impression that (most, not all) people just starting out on it had to drink it for several days or a week before they began feeling effects.....that the kavalactones (sp?) had to build up in their system. Man I was totally off base then, thanks for clarifying this.
I used to think that too but it's probably more to do with learning what to expect from kava. Also there is a tendency for people to try "just a little bit" of a new drug/herb/whatever so they're disappointed when they get no effect and think it's RT but in fact they're just using nowhere near enough root.

EQ

Atman
This is more for Reverse Tolerance. RT is more of a cover up due to how difficult it is to produce a good effect with: good product, good preparation, and proper drinking, stomache fullness vs. emptiness. It gives motivation for people to keep trying with this idea.

Also though in my contexts, that are not scientifically supported, if you drink Alcohol in between you will need to build up the Kava.
Alcohol is by every definition Black Magic, Sorcery, Witchcraft, Satanic.
When you drink the Black Fire your will can be brought forth without Sin. The sin is transmuted into Karma, and casted to another. Modern society has found refuge in this to avoid anxiety. This allows one to be uncaring of others. When many drink lust is extremely abundant. Drinking Kava around drunk people will be terrible. It is ruthless selfishness. Even if you are going around hugging people it is ruthless selfishness. Imposition is what sin is truly. Satan isn't a physical demon often portrayed. Satan is choice of turning on humbleness, and choosing willpower.

YES MY WORDS ARE EXAGGERATED. Just because somebody drinks doesn't make them a spellcaster or evil-doer, but it does not help you.

Alcohol will fry your pure energy. Whether exercise, or relationships, work you enjoy, Yerba Mate spiritually heals you in between. Somebody who is not satisfied with life, and drinks a lot will become imbalanced, and suffer immensely. I say that if you crave booze try to find something. Maybe you need to quit your job, maybe you need to divorce the wife, maybe you need to find a hobby, maybe you need to meditate. Alcohol is playing with Fire.

Your energy body is very real, and in order to experience Kava more you have to keep building up the pure atoms. Keep the good vibes going. Kava will effect you less when you have holes in your energy body. It actually leaks out.

Tons of posts in the past about Kavas placebo were the better the vibes the more pronounced the effect. The problem is modern science does not know energy, and thus they think placebo is of mind, when in fact is a complicated matter of Alchemy energy science. Emotional health has lots to do with our energy bodies, and inner fuel. I recommend against Alcohol, and all Black Magic. It is very dangerous even with good intentions. Stay safe.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yerba mate is great. I've been stuck out in the lorry unexpectedly for the last two nights and have had no kava after drinking kava every day for quite a while. I feel no withdrawal effects from the kava at all but I have been drinking lots of yerba mate during the day and have felt great.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
It's just not how kava works. If you prepare good kava properly, you shouldn't need kava already in your body. Kavain's half life is something like 9 hours so if you consume kava 24 hours after consuming kava the previous day, it's likely already completely eliminated from your system, but people still get plenty of good effects consuming kava at 24 hr intervals or greater.
Well, DHM (or DHK) can be detected in urine for up to 48h. Obviously this doesn't mean it still has any effects for this long, but perhaps it does "hang around" for a bit longer than kavain.. :)

EQ

Atman
Yerba mate is great. I've been stuck out in the lorry unexpectedly for the last two nights and have had no kava after drinking kava every day for quite a while. I feel no withdrawal effects from the kava at all but I have been drinking lots of yerba mate during the day and have felt great.
Glad you found Mate to help you :)
Amazing plant for the good vibes :shameshame:

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I find the calming effects of kava to last about a day. Not at the same intensity as the few hours after drinking, but still enough to help me get through my day. After about two days without it, I start getting cranky again. I personally never experienced reverse tolerance, but I suspect lots of times it has more to do with not knowing how to prepare it or being afraid of drinking too much.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
When I got home from work yesterday I mixed up 2 tbsp of kava (Squanch Waka) in each of the two AluBalls (one shaker) and added 1 1/2 cups of Welches orange pineapple juice, shook for 2 mins and poured that in a glass. Added a half cup more juice for a second wash and shook another 2 mins. Added that to the first wash. THIS I was able to drink down very quickly and achieved wonderful results.....not knock your socks off but that's not what I'm looking for during the work week. Very heady, mild euphoria, a very nice ahhhhhhh.

I just can't seem to chug kava made with mainly water. It takes me up to 45 minutes to consume what I can with juice in less than 10. I guess I have to work with what I have?

I hear what your saying @EQ in regards to alcohol. Although I do enjoy sitting by the lake or the beach and having a few beers or glasses of wine while I watch the sun set.....if you let it get away from you it without a doubt will produce negative effects in your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual being. I know....I've been there (maybe still am but I'm getting better). I've just always been a person that doesn't like limitations....."you can't do that"......"you must do this", etc.

You are correct in that there is some dissatisfaction in my life....nothing major and I won't go into details here. Honestly I have a pretty decent life, everything's relative though right ;) I am finding that the less I indulge in alcohol on a consistent basis the more fulfilling my life is feeling. I realize this isn't news, we all know that's how it works.

Alright, I've rambled on here long enough....thanks for the info and listening.

I must look into this Yerba Mate you speak of though!

EQ

Atman
When I got home from work yesterday I mixed up 2 tbsp of kava (Squanch Waka) in each of the two AluBalls (one shaker) and added 1 1/2 cups of Welches orange pineapple juice, shook for 2 mins and poured that in a glass. Added a half cup more juice for a second wash and shook another 2 mins. Added that to the first wash. THIS I was able to drink down very quickly and achieved wonderful results.....not knock your socks off but that's not what I'm looking for during the work week. Very heady, mild euphoria, a very nice ahhhhhhh.

I just can't seem to chug kava made with mainly water. It takes me up to 45 minutes to consume what I can with juice in less than 10. I guess I have to work with what I have?

I hear what your saying @EQ in regards to alcohol. Although I do enjoy sitting by the lake or the beach and having a few beers or glasses of wine while I watch the sun set.....if you let it get away from you it without a doubt will produce negative effects in your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual being. I know....I've been there (maybe still am but I'm getting better). I've just always been a person that doesn't like limitations....."you can't do that"......"you must do this", etc.

You are correct in that there is some dissatisfaction in my life....nothing major and I won't go into details here. Honestly I have a pretty decent life, everything's relative though right ;) I am finding that the less I indulge in alcohol on a consistent basis the more fulfilling my life is feeling. I realize this isn't news, we all know that's how it works.

I know what you mean. The "Do as I" sort of mentality, and we have to follow our path. I don't mean to say never drink again by being a fearmongerer, more to be aware of how Alcohol really effects you.

Mate really does produce consistent help for people. Here is a guide. It's a little long, but Mate is worth the learning.

http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/thr...-mate-novice-guide-to-becoming-a-matero.7032/

Squanch72

Kava Vendor

Welch's orange pineapple double aluballin' for life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.