What's new

How much is your monthly kava bill? (guestimate)

Mr. Kava

Kava Enthusiast
$40-$60.

I buy mostly from the local Indian-Fijian store. The cost is very good, as is the quality.
$20 per lb of Waka, $18 per lb. of Lawena(tax included). Roots and chips freshly ground in the store.

I would highly reccomend them to everybody as the value is definitely there. If you are in Northern, CA
come visit them in Hayward. If elswhere, they will probably ship.

Contact info:
510-885-0430 ( ask for Manny or Nilesh)

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr. Kava

Kava Enthusiast
SAUDAGAR.PNG
The chemotype and breakdown of kavalactone percentages are very close to GHK Hanakapi Ai:

Saudagar Waka: (Hanakapi Ai)
423651 (423651)
10.59% (9.13%)
4--25.24 (26.62)
2--21.77 (25.62)
3--17.85 (15.33)
6--16.87 (12.95)
5--9.85 (10.24)
1--8.41 (9.23)

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've spent a fortune recently buying everything in sight trying them all out. I'm guessing once I have wittled down to my favourites and I'm buying them as and when I need I'll be somewhere between $100 and $200 a month which is still way less than I was spending on booze.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm an intermittent user, with periods of heavy use, followed by light use or even abstinence.
I love reading that. As much as I push for kava, it's very refreshing when reading about how some kava consumers go heavy, start, stop, piddle, and there's never any incessant urge to continue drinking it. I'm personally starting to really understand what it means for something to be non-addictive.

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
Around 150-200 dollars. Shipping is expensive for Europeans and GKE take fairly high prices compared to US vendors.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Between 2-3kg per month, which is cheap if I am in the Pacific, or am elsewhere but still working through my island-bought stockpile. It would probably translate to around $250 if I was buying mail order from a reputable grower or dealer.