What's new

Kava Preparation How to compensate for a too large krunk

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
On top of what @Zaphod said, I find it helpful to listen to music or watch a tv show and really focus on it for a little while until you come down to where you wanna be at

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I do this quite often, and mostly just ride it out, but I have gotten into some highly altered, intoxicated states with Kava.

Kava has been quite a difficult one for me to guage dosage of consistently. I would love it for certain aspects of kava's effects to have a longer lasting action.

The main reason I often over consume is to avoid underconsuming, and feeling the antidepressant, calming effects lifting too soon for me.

Those heavily intoxicated states can be an incredible buzz though, where music feels amazing. If it didn't affect my stomach and digestion adversely at the same time, well it would be a bonus!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Those heavily intoxicated states can be an incredible buzz though, where music feels amazing. If it didn't affect my stomach and digestion adversely at the same time, well it would be a bonus!
Add KWK concentrate to your grog and you'll get there much faster.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Add KWK concentrate to your grog and you'll get there much faster.
Hi, thanks for the tip. I can order from KWK europe. I wasn't aware of a concentrate, unless you mean micronized, but I will keep an eye on their store.

And funnily, I guess by intutition, you have touched on another very crucial aspect of my general kava experience. I need a certain amount to suddenly be in that place of peace, detachment, and happiness.

Although, when I am much more physically well, it is more instant access to that beautiful headspace, especially socially. I've been extremely unwell just of late so please excuse any innapropriate or unsuitable posting by me.

But I will certainly explore other available routes.

I have not used any micronized at all so far. I have 3 types of instant in house, which always blow my head off when topping up a full root session hours later.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi, thanks for the tip. I can order from KWK europe. I wasn't aware of a concentrate, unless you mean micronized, but I will keep an eye on their store.

And funnily, I guess by intutition, you have touched on another very crucial aspect of my general kava experience. I need a certain amount to suddenly be in that place of peace, detachment, and happiness.

Although, when I am much more physically well, it is more instant access to that beautiful headspace, especially socially. I've been extremely unwell just of late so please excuse any innapropriate or unsuitable posting by me.

But I will certainly explore other available routes.

I have not used any micronized at all so far. I have 3 types of instant in house, which always blow my head off when topping up a full root session hours later.
It's not micro, guava is the best flavor imo.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
It's not micro, guava is the best flavor imo.
Yeah, sorry, I did finally twig my memory, you were referring to the liquid.

Which I never yet saw available from their European store, and KWK USA don't ship to UK.

But I will keep my eyes peeled from now on thanks for the clarification.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Oh yes, a very important aspect to this suddenly feeling slightly overcrunked- is how food finally really kicks in the effects literally double fold at times and catches me off-guard when my buzz has been pretty level and stable before eating.

This is what catches me off-guard most often when I start to eat and I realise my gosh these kava effects are really kicking in now. Perhaps I didn't need quite as much this evening lol!

But I do believe that apart from fats my diet is fairly potentiating because I'm always consuming a fairly high quantity of coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil as well as organic meat and fish fats as well as nuts, plus I use spices medicinally for health management specifically large amounts of organic Cayenne turmeric and cinnamon which I believe all have a potentiating factor as well as the raw garlic I often consume with my evening meal.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
This is what catches me off-guard most often when I start to eat and I realise my gosh these kava effects are really kicking in now. Perhaps I didn't need quite as much this evening lol!
It's usually the same for me too! Yesterday I had some mellow kava effects and ate some pasta with pesto (with a lot of fats) and daaaamn. I could not even finish the meal because I had to lay down to handle that strong krunk.

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
This is a topic of how to reduce the trunk, not the trunk in general. A large offtop has become.
Coming back to the topic, usually when preparing, he adds milk.
If I add a lot less of this milk, or if I don't add it at all, the Krunk will be much smaller?

Last edited:

ThatDankK

This is a topic of how to reduce the trunk, not the trunk in general. A large offtop has become.
Coming back to the topic, usually when preparing, he adds milk, whether by adding a lot less or not adding it at all. Could this braiding be that much smaller?
Autocorrect strikes again:ROFLMAO:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Autocorrect strikes again:ROFLMAO:
I have to admire their tenacity of sticking with us. I know english isn't their first language, but they've literally hung with us for years doing their best to translate. Autocorrect I'm sure is their worst enemy here :)

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Happened to me just a few days ago. Stop drinking so fast (what’s the rush) and have a glass of water. Pretend like you’re fine so that people don’t say “see, I told you that stuff was shady!”

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Coming back to the topic, usually when preparing, he adds milk, whether by adding a lot less or not adding it at all. Could this braiding be that much smaller?
Things generally go off topic here and either no one notices or seems to get too upset about it.

Adding milk gives you instant potentiation so you don't get what @babesugarbunny got and have to lie down halfway through dinner! The best answer to your question is water and dry carbs like bread or crackers. Definitely avoid anything with fat. Ginger helps ease any nausea if you're feeling bad. Also treat it as a learning experience and don't use so much of that strain again and or space your shells better. If kava is a teacher plant (old twaddle if you ask me) then a huge, uncomfortable krunk is teaching you that you're an idiot!

ThatDankK

I never been krunk yet so must being doing something wrong... :LOL:
6tbs of some strong waka
2 cups of water (hot as your tap gets)
Knead for 10 minutes
Second wash same thing except add another 2 tbs
Mix both batches together and add half a cup of milk
If you have any in hand, add about 1-2tbs of micro
Use milk as a chaser to potentiate

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
6tbs of some strong waka
2 cups of water (hot as your tap gets)
Knead for 10 minutes
Second wash same thing except add another 2 tbs
Mix both batches together and add half a cup of milk
If you have any in hand, add about 1-2tbs of micro
Use milk as a chaser to potentiate
LOL I feel like I've done this before but not as precise a methodology. Might have a report... LOL