What's new

Hydrating/rehydrating mid session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
This could well sound dumb but in between shells I don't tend to drink anything, I wait until after to start trying to drink water by which point I find it hard as I am dehydrated already. This could be the reason I struggle to eat anything after a session too. Am I better to chug a shell, wait say 5, 10, 15??? mins and then start drinking water again? I don't know if taking in the liquid would dilute the kava in my stomach and take away from the effects? Any thoughts?

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I drink water before during and after sessions. I also drink big shells, probable twice the amount of water per root that most people use. Like with the Aluball I fill it like 2/3rds full, drink that and repeat for a second wash, and sometimes even a third wash. So all that water to 2.5 tablespoons. I don't think water dilutes the effects like food does, or it doesn't feel like it does to me when I use less water.

dino9832

Kava Enthusiast
I usually eat something like a handful of almonds, then make a 1 tablespoon batch of kava. Drink that, and spend about 20 minutes making dinner. Eat dinner, and start drinking water. I swear, I can literally feel my hands get drier after about an hour or so! So, drink drink drink!

When I drink kava too soon before going to bed, that's when the stomach issues get worse. It's like, your stomach gets all irritated. That's why I've drinking kava a tablespoon at a time. I used to have two at a time, but it helps (for me personally) to spread them out. It's hard to be mellow when you're feeling nauseated. Kind of a trade off I guess.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
So I got some of those little sachets of rehydration salts for when you are unwell and losing fluids. I've tipped them out into a small tub so I can add a teaspoon to my drinking water. They're a blend of sodium and potassium salts and are blackcurrant flavour so quite pleasant :) . Hopefully they will prevent me getting too dehydrated. Also I've started drinking more between shells.

Status
Not open for further replies.