What's new

Kava Preparation Instant Kava with Coconut Oil Preparation Question

StevenF

Kava Enthusiast
I've read some posts of preparation using coconut oil to boost the effect.

I am thinking on trying the following:

1. Melt Coconut Oil in a pan
2. Add some Instant Kava power to it
3. Stair well for a while ... (below boiling point)
4. Put in container and let it cool down.
5. Put it in the fridge until it's solid.

Has anyone tried this before ... or does it sound like something that would work?

By 'work', I mean...make concentrated / strong kava where a teaspoon would have a good effect?

Would this be wouth trying or would I be wasting me time and kava?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I've read some posts of preparation using coconut oil to boost the effect.

I am thinking on trying the following:

1. Melt Coconut Oil in a pan
2. Add some Instant Kava power to it
3. Stair well for a while ... (below boiling point)
4. Put in container and let it cool down.
5. Put it in the fridge until it's solid.

Has anyone tried this before ... or does it sound like something that would work?

By 'work', I mean...make concentrated / strong kava where a teaspoon would have a good effect?

Would this be wouth trying or would I be wasting me time and kava?

I wouldn't waste it, drinking instants is easier than anything, try mixing to fruit juice instead, if you want to diminish the flavor or try something different.

StevenF

Kava Enthusiast
I wouldn't waste it, drinking instants is easier than anything, try mixing to fruit juice instead, if you want to diminish the flavor or try something different.
It's not because of the taste...I actually don't mind the taste anymore :)
I just wanted to have a try in making a concentrate using coconut oil to see if it works :)

fueledbykava

Kava enthusiast
This *should* work, assuming that the kavalactones are readily available without needing agitation with the presence of heat and another lipid available. I would probably keep the heat very very low to avoid degrading the KLs (still unknown what temp they degrade at although anecdotally Chris from GMK has spoken about using boiling water without issue). You could then of course filter the oil and put it into whatever foods you like. I would think that the time until you feel the effects would be longer than drinking it in an aqueous solution as well.

StevenF

Kava Enthusiast
I would think that the time until you feel the effects would be longer than drinking it in an aqueous solution as well.
It would be a lot faster if I took it sublingual ... I could try both ... I just want to create a small experiment and I wanted to see if in principal it should work. Cheers.