What's new

Is one day old warm kava still good?

N

Noname

Left some prepared kava covered but NOT refrigerated. Is it ok to drink ? Been there for one day and smells nasty

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
:confused::confused::confused::wtf:
I have some 2 day old stuff I think I am going to drink it, I mean kava is anti fungal so what's the worst they can happen, if I die Edward gets my stash.
Now that's dedication! I've drank kava that I forgot in my car for a week before. (No I wasn't drinking kava while driving)
I remember it tasted almost smoother, mellower, and almost like what we call 'blinky'. Just like the milk I found at the back of the fridge last week.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
So I drank it and passed out because I was tired, woke in a place that isn't bad or great, so guess I died and went to purgatory. It's ok.

Honolulusurfer88

Kava Curious
Because I drink kava while I'm getting to sleep, I often have an unfinished glass on the nightstand the next morning. I usually stick it in the fridge and grog on it the next evening, but sometimes I go to work and forget to fridge it. I'll come home a good 18-20 hours after I made the drink, with it sitting out and un-refrigerated the whole time, and drink it with zero issues. I'm not suggesting you do that though unless you feel comfortable. It is smells funky, that's another issue altogether. I put cinnamon in my kava drinks, so maybe that's helping preserve it a bit -- it worked for the Romans, after all!

Rick.Sanchez

Kava Enthusiast
I have some 2 day old stuff I think I am going to drink it, I mean kava is anti fungal so what's the worst they can happen, if I die Edward gets my stash.
The worst that could happen is accidentally consuming a pathogen. Pretty unlikely, but not less dangerous than eating spoiled food.

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
I lazily left a half filled bucket of Kava in my dorm once before leaving for spring break. Just the smell of it upon returning made me avoid Kava for a month. So I would say don't risk it bc a bad experience is not worth the memory

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Man. I did something similar the other day, but didnt smell it first. I just gulped it down and knew something was off. It smelled so off i thought i was going to be sick, but it turned out ok. That smell though, blech.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I have drank 2 days old at max, it always smells funky, I only drink it if I am waiting for more kava to arrive. I drank some 2 day old kava a few days ago from some first wash pulp I had put aside for a second wash but forgot about it. So I kneaded it as always and chug it at once, did the job but nothing beats a fresh batch.

Anyway, one day old is fine.