What's new

Isa for pain

mlenny

Kava Curious
I've been using isa a few times a day to control pain and spasms from a broken bone. Do you think this is something that I'll end up regretting?

Thanks,
Matthew

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've been using isa a few times a day to control pain and spasms from a broken bone. Do you think this is something that I'll end up regretting?

Thanks,
Matthew
There is no reason to suggest that there are any long term implications of drinking Isa. If you are coping with the increased side effects reasonably well and it's working for what you need it for at this point in time then that's fine.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Nothing like what you have, but I have used noble kava’s for back spasm/cramping issue for years. Works great. Can’t use flexeril(sp?) as it locks up my bladder and that’s no fun! Use what equates to about one kava candy per day in the morning.

mlenny

Kava Curious
Nothing like what you have, but I have used noble kava’s for back spasm/cramping issue for years. Works great. Can’t use flexeril(sp?) as it locks up my bladder and that’s no fun! Use what equates to about one kava candy per day in the morning.
How much is that?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Do you think this is something that I'll end up regretting?
Matthew, I think the issue is that we'll end up regretting having to tell you you're experiencing side effects from drinking too much of a kava that is FAR too strong for what you can handle....again.

I see quite a pattern here.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
How much is that?
For me it’s not much. It equals about one half TEAspoon a day of micronized ot instant. Another option I have done was to preprep traditional brew (or Aluball) and freeze it in the old fashion individual ice cube trays. OR one or two kava candies a day.

It‘s not for everyone, but I plop em in my morning coffee. Kava actually messes with my sleep so mornings are best for me.

mlenny

Kava Curious
For me it’s not much. It equals about one half TEAspoon a day of micronized ot instant. Another option I have done was to preprep traditional brew (or Aluball) and freeze it in the old fashion individual ice cube trays. OR one or two kava candies a day.

It‘s not for everyone, but I plop em in my morning coffee. Kava actually messes with my sleep so mornings are best for me.
It gives me trouble sleeping too! I always just thought I was weird, haha.

mlenny

Kava Curious
Matthew, I think the issue is that we'll end up regretting having to tell you you're experiencing side effects from drinking too much of a kava that is FAR too strong for what you can handle....again.

I see quite a pattern here.
I don't experience *any* side effects from the Isa. I would not call it "too strong" by any means whatsoever. The N@H caused problems, the Isa does not. Weird as that may be. I meant more like a bad skin reaction because I don't have experience with using a lot of it. I'm really sorry, but I didn't think just asking the question would be a problem.

Matthew

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I don't experience *any* side effects from the Isa. I would not call it "too strong" by any means whatsoever. The N@H caused problems, the Isa does not. Weird as that may be. I meant more like a bad skin reaction because I don't have experience with using a lot of it. I'm really sorry, but I didn't think just asking the question would be a problem.

Matthew
Let's just say if any kava is going to give you a skin reaction, it'll be this one (Isa).

Forretressqt

Kava Curious
Can’t add anything to the thread but, I am ignorant of “isa” please educate me. TIA
Kava originating from Papua New Guinea, it's neither noble nor tudei Kava; it's its own thing albeit very closely related to P. wichmanii

Last edited:

Kava Eraser

Kava Curious
Interesting that people say Isa is neither Noble nor Tudei, because on GHK's site, Chris basically says that Isa and Tudei are synonymous

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Interesting that people say Isa is neither Noble nor Tudei, because on GHK's site, Chris basically says that Isa and Tudei are synonymous
It's a nomenclature thing. Only those kavas in Vanuatu can be classified as "Tudei", however Isa is most certainly Non-noble, and as close to Piper wichmannii as you can get. Even with that in mind, Isa still falls on the milder side of non-noble kavas. Funeral Kava.

Zaphod

Kava Lover

Thanks,
Matthew
Maybe this is sacrilegious but for I find kava only good for general muscle ache/pain. It doesn't do much at all for me for acute pain. The other K would be better but obviously comes with more issues and potential for dependency. If you are on other meds the general recommendation is to not take acetaminophen/Tylenol with kava.