What's new

It's here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kw2292

Kava Curious
I hate that I caved last week and bought a bag of Tongan family reserve right before this was released. Not in the budget this year I guess.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Does anyone know how the lateral root variety compares to the basal chip variety of this strain?
Lateral root will be stronger by default as more % of Kavalactones are present in lateral roots. The basal chips will be smoother, a bit headier, and less sedating.

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I seem to be having trouble posting a review... But I've had several sessions now with this. The taste is truly extraordinary. It's soft and luscious, with a very refined yet pronounced numbing. No harshness present. Effects are nice too. I'm getting a bit of that elusive euphoric sensation. I can literally feel it actively elevating my mood. Yet, unlike most Tongans I've had the pleasure of trying... There is a body balance to it too. It's not heavy, but it's fuzzy and nice. It's remarkable kava. The big question... Is it worth $120/lb? Well, if it helps them secure the future supply of this kava, and genuinely is going to the people there, I would say yes. I feel like I'm paying (or donating) for more than just the kava in the bag. Its obviously not a daily drinker, but when you have a real connoisseur on deck, this is the stuff from the tippy top shelf that you would bring out.

Last edited:

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
One more note... The finish on this is so clean! There's wisps of something like a cotton candy taste (if you removed the sweetness). I can't really put my finger on it. Did anybody else get any of this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.