What's new

Just got my first shipment of GHK micro and instant, best way to prepare?

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
@Noueky, didn't you buy a 25 micron bubble filter just to filter micronized? I think you said it worked great without loss of potency.
You're memory is par excellence good Sir. For me the bubble filters have made the whole straining process much more sane. I actually enjoy it a bit now, started straining root powder with it as well.
I've alternated between blending high speed and liquefying with the 25 micron and finally have come to the conclusion that liquefying on high is the way to go.
I also mix the powder or micro in the blender with very hot though not boiling water and have found I get better potency as well. I normally make a gallon at a time as I've got some of the bottles for storing which Deleted User01 recommended to me.

I've also purchased a bigger blender which holds half a gallon of water at a time. So I now bring a gallon of tap water to a boil and let it cool a bit, then mix half of that with kava in the half gallon blender. Knead and squeeze though the bubble micron slowly, takes about 10 minuets. Then pour the remaining half gallon of hot water from the stove into the bubble bag and repeat.

Finally make sure the bottles are sterile using food grade hydrogen peroxide and funnel the kava into the 16oz bottles

D

Deleted User01

@MikeB. Here is the link to the Micronized Syrup recipe that uses 2 washes. The second wash is insures that all the Kavalactones have been rinsed from the Micronized before you toss it. I normally make enough for a 16 bottle and there is a picture of one. Check it out here.

D

Deleted User01

@MikeB, use the same strainer you have. Chris has said this before and its true, you can actually feel a little abrasivness from the Kava once all the good stuff has been released. When it feels a bit abrasive, then you know you have pure fiber and it's ready for the compost pile or whatever. Don't skip the second wash ...
By the way, you'll are in the running for cutest couple in the yearbook. :D I'll bet Shakas can put all our Avatars in a yearbook, can't you Shakas? (y) Just give me fair warning so I can tidy up with a brush. I use those big steel bristle brushes. :LOL:

MikeB

I like Mo'i
Haha, that's actually me and my little bro :D

People been teasing me about that pic ever since I took it, but I love the little guy so it stays :D

Thank you for the advice! I think I gotta take a kava break tho, two days of Mo'i and I'm done, heh. This stuff seems "reverse addictive," in that my body seems to naturally let me know when it's time for a break...

D

Deleted User01

People been teasing me about that pic ever since I took it, but I love the little guy so it stays :D
Ok, so now you are the only entry for cutest family portrait. :D I don't think we have any others. But now that the competition is on, let's see who else pops up.

Roaddog

Kava Who?

Thank you for the advice! I think I gotta take a kava break tho, two days of Mo'i and I'm done, heh. This stuff seems "reverse addictive," in that my body seems to naturally let me know when it's time for a break...
well no one here. will tease you. We are very excepting regardless of your situation. So which one is you, and which one is your brother. Most of us, don't show our real picture. We hide behind our avatar. Although my wife did post her picture on a thread. I really don't mind, my real picture being shown. But some folks want to have anonymity. I can totally understand that too. I mean lets face facts. There is a reason we all don't hang out on face book. For me, its there privacy issues. Also they are boring, and so all the same. Just my 2 cents worth. Much love, Roaddog...

D

Deleted User01

I'm on the left, haha :D Just started drinking more Mo'i, tossed 2 Tbsp in a cup of water... Bleh, can't stand the grittiness, gotta try @Deleted User01's syrup method soon...
2 tablespoons is a lot. Yesterday I was doing .5 tablespoons in 2-3oz of plain water and it went down pretty easy. But some people are annoyed by the grittiness. Try it in a smoothie with an orange. The two fibers will melt together and you won't know the difference. But the Kava Syrup is an excellent way to get pure Kava with no hassles. And you can bottle it for later.