What's new

just kava (Monsoon beverages)

SilatGuy

I have a bag and will do a review soon!
Id love to see how they all compare effects wise and your impressions if you tried them all. Thinking i might keep some of this on hand for regular use and the more expensive stuff for weekends or outings or something

jewalker7842

Kava Curious
I ordered some of the Vanuatu Just Kava on Amazon the other day because I was running low on my Borogu. I love kava's from Vanuatu. I love the effects and the taste.

The taste: I honestly like the taste more than the Borogu. All Vanuatu kava's have that distinct piney taste, and this kava is no exception. It is more mild in that department and has a good mix between the piney and earth taste. Almost like there was some Fijian waka mixed in. Very mild taste.

The effects: It is definitely a balanced kava. I'm only a few shells in--and this effect may change--at the moment I feel it is leaning more towards the heavy side with a slight euphoric heady side. The effect that I can compare it to most is the Melo Melo. It's making me feel very melo at the moment. Very well rounded and balanced effects. I'm wondering if they mixed a bunch of left over roots from the Borongoru, Borogu, and Melo Melo kavas and this is what you get. I'm feeling a whole lot at once. Very interesting effect and I like it. Very well done.

Strength: The strength seems to be on par with most of the Vanuatu kava's in KWK's line. It takes me about 6-8 tablespoons to get me where I like to be. I'll be pulling an all day session today so when I'm on the couch staring at the ceiling with a smile I'll be able to tell you the full effect and strength.

Very well done KWK/Monsoon Beverages absolutely love the "Just Kava" line. Not only at an affordable price point, but a nice bag of combined kavalactone effects. Absolutely love it.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
I ordered some of the Vanuatu Just Kava on Amazon the other day because I was running low on my Borogu. I love kava's from Vanuatu. I love the effects and the taste.

The taste: I honestly like the taste more than the Borogu. All Vanuatu kava's have that distinct piney taste, and this kava is no exception. It is more mild in that department and has a good mix between the piney and earth taste. Almost like there was some Fijian waka mixed in. Very mild taste.

The effects: It is definitely a balanced kava. I'm only a few shells in--and this effect may change--at the moment I feel it is leaning more towards the heavy side with a slight euphoric heady side. The effect that I can compare it to most is the Melo Melo. It's making me feel very melo at the moment. Very well rounded and balanced effects. I'm wondering if they mixed a bunch of left over roots from the Borongoru, Borogu, and Melo Melo kavas and this is what you get. I'm feeling a whole lot at once. Very interesting effect and I like it. Very well done.

Strength: The strength seems to be on par with most of the Vanuatu kava's in KWK's line. It takes me about 6-8 tablespoons to get me where I like to be. I'll be pulling an all day session today so when I'm on the couch staring at the ceiling with a smile I'll be able to tell you the full effect and strength.

Very well done KWK/Monsoon Beverages absolutely love the "Just Kava" line. Not only at an affordable price point, but a nice bag of combined kavalactone effects. Absolutely love it.
We very much appreciate the feedback!!! It really is one of my most prized products because it's so accessible and offers a really great experience. Indeed, it is a mix of what we currently offer from Vanuatu. It's primarily Borongoru, but has plenty of Melo and Borogu as well.

Thanks again,
Morgan

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
We very much appreciate the feedback!!! It really is one of my most prized products because it's so accessible and offers a really great experience. Indeed, it is a mix of what we currently offer from Vanuatu. It's primarily Borongoru, but has plenty of Melo and Borogu as well.

Thanks again,
Morgan
It's all I've been drinking lately

jewalker7842

Kava Curious

Thanks again,
Morgan
My suspicions were correct! I knew the effects seemed strangely familiar! Absolutely love it so far. I'm going to try the Tonga and Fiji next. These maybe become my new daily lol. Love the mixed effects this bag gives.

jewalker7842

Kava Curious
So just an update on the effects. I made a bowl of 6 tablespoons and got a decent "buzz" from it. I had a slight euphoric feeling, but more physical relaxation than anything. After it wore off, strangely, it did not make me tired. Your mileage may vary.

SilatGuy

Thanks for the review. Impressive how KWK basically confirmed all your guesses. You sure know your Kava.

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
I was using Best Fiji Kava for the longest time for cheap root until the nail incident and was super happy to find these bags. Got one of each and I'm straight blasted right now. Not insanely strong but doesn't give me much nausea compared to other cheap options. Pretty good stuff