What's new

Powdered Kava Review Kadavu Waka

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
cpReview
{"Grade":10,"Potency":8,"Mind":6,"Body":10,"Anxiety":8,"Sedative":10,"Taste":"7","Preparation":"Blended for 1 minute then passed through a strainer.","Duration":"All night","SideEffects":"Maybe next day lethargy","Headline":"A good sedative kava with body feel"}
This is one of those nice, almost chocolate or cocoa like heavy Fijians. It's not as strong as the Solomon's or Vanuatu kavas but it's got that lovely mild taste and it's a good sedative kava. I sleep really well on this one.

I've had a few Kadavu and Koro Island kavas, all quite similar, and this one stands up well against the rest. It's easy to drink and the body effects come on quite quickly. It does have a little bit of headiness in there from the kavain but not really enough to give euphoria as such. It's a really nice stretching kava like the Solomon's Headhunter but not quite as intense. You know when it feels really pleasant to stretch your muscles?

The sedation is creeping but substantial. I find this with all heavy Fijian kavas. They usually give me one of those dark, empty sleeps where you go to sleep pretty quickly and wake up 7 or 8 hours later in more or less the same position you fell asleep in!

If you want a body kava that's good for sleep then this is the one. Solomon's Headhunter is stronger on the body but not as sedative, this is slightly lighter on the body, although not by much, and more sedative.

D

Deleted member 9642

I've had a few Kadavu and Koro Island kavas, all quite similar, and this one stands up well against the rest.
Thanks for the report Edward !
If you were to compare the Koro Island with this one, which one would be more calming ? (I really hesitate between the two)