What's new

Kava and Caffeine

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrunkMonk

Kava Curious
I was wondering if any of you guys experience an intolerance to caffeine around or long after a Kava session? It seems like I can't do caffeine anywhere near a Kava session or I get really super charged up in an anxious way [somewhat similar to if I drink alcohol near a session].

I notice that [even after breakfast the next day] I'll have a small cup of green tea and it will send me in to a panic attack. I would think that the Kava would be out of my system by then as its about 10 hours after my session... I switch between Stone and Wow, those are pretty heavy hitting strains and I do feel a bit of a kava hangover with Stone especially.

I even eat a meal before I drink my morning cup of green tea as I thought it might buffer the panic feeling. I would gladly give up caffeine for Kava if it comes down to it...

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I find they don't mix very well. I once had caffeine late morning and a few hours later had some kava and got really wired. It wasn't unpleasant for long though, just very uppy. Stone or wow will still be in your system 24 hours after a session let alone 10! The DHM and DHK stick around a long time. Saying that though I could usually drink caffeine in the morning after a session and be ok, provided it wasn't a really heavy session. If you are particularly sensitive to mixing the two then yes, you are going to have to choose unfortunately.

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
I have zero problems with caffeine no matter what, even in combination with my ADHD meds, I can sleep right after having a monster or two

EmeraldKava3690

Kava Curious
I don't believe I have noticed negative effects, but do remember having some Kava, and hours later, maybe 5, enjoying a medium Iced Coffee from Starbucks [known for potency and you tend to drink it down fast] and felt very lifted and focused from it. I do have a rule, however, and that is not to mix the two together during an actual session, even if you ingest Kava and then minutes later ingest caffeine. Generally, wait a few hours. Taking them too close together produces a weird feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.