What's new

Kava & Drug Interaction Kava and CBD (hemp) oil

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I've been reading good things about CBD oil derived from hemp (not cannabis). Its available in any state without a medical card because its not made from the cannabis plant. My neck and shoulders are still chronically tight - the tightness even gets into my ear muscles and causes a kind of internal dizziness that I find hard to describe. I've not yet found the kava that works for the tightness - those that are supposedly more heavy just don't seem to suit me. At least not those I've tried. Anyway, so I was wondering if anyone knows if there would be an interaction between kava and CBD (hemp)? Taken on different days, and at a different time to the last 0.5mgs of diazepam that Ive tapered down to?

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Oh, and should add - last week was hitting the kava every day and Saturday morning noticed some dry skin a la kava dermopathy on my hands - particularly on my fingers, so giving the kava a break for a couple of weeks.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Okaaay. I'll give it a go when I'm back on the kava. Fingers beginning to look better already!

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
The stuff is damned expensive and there's no Deleted User around to test the efficacy and purity of the ingredients. I found one company that posts the results of quality testing and it seems legit. However it's not something I plan to take on a regular basis - maybe just an occasional add-on to the kava.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Yeah it is ridiculously expensive. I mix cannabis and kava every day and never had an issue
So I'm assuming you smoke or vape the "real" stuff - with THC as well as CBD? Guess the CBD hemp oil should be okay then! I mean I assume you're okay and thriving!!

Bear-Shirt

Kava Enthusiast
Hemp is Cannabis and visa versa. The only difference is the amount of tetrahydrocannabinol in the plant. THC is a pretty solid muscle relaxant, unfortunately it is also a fairly potent psychedelic. This stuff really isn't for everybody regardless of legal status. CBD (cannabidiol) is a suspected wonderdrug and if there is nothing to prevent you from taking it, I would absolutely take it as a daily supplement. I wouldn't worry about mixing it with kava, there is nothing to suggest that it would be a bad combo. If cbd has psychoactive properties it is not at doses people would normally take, I haven't even heard of anecdotal evidence of such.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Hemp is Cannabis and visa versa. The only difference is the amount of tetrahydrocannabinol in the plant. THC is a pretty solid muscle relaxant, unfortunately it is also a fairly potent psychedelic. This stuff really isn't for everybody regardless of legal status. CBD (cannabidiol) is a suspected wonderdrug and if there is nothing to prevent you from taking it, I would absolutely take it as a daily supplement. I wouldn't worry about mixing it with kava, there is nothing to suggest that it would be a bad combo. If cbd has psychoactive properties it is not at doses people would normally take, I haven't even heard of anecdotal evidence of such.
Thanks @Bear-Shirt! Yea, I read that THC tends to be kinda bad for those with anxiety, and I really don't need any psychedelic stuff happening to me right now! So I'm hopeful that CBD will help me get though the remnants of my valium taper and help ease the withdrawal symptoms. I had to reinstate twice because I just couldn't function with those symptoms. Third time's the charm I hope!

Bert07

Me like da kava
I've never tried hemp oil specifically but I've combined cannabis with kava before and it is a sweet combo. In my experience throughout using cannabis, it hasn't caused any adverse reactions whatsoever when mixing with practically anything, and I have used it along with many things. Nor do I know of any one person who has ever had an issue as well. Kick back and enjoy.

Ethan

Kava Curious
I've experimented with CBD oil quite a bit. I think the effects highly vary person-to-person. It seems to have no effect on me whatsoever. No relaxation, stress relief, anxiety relief, anything. At $30 per 10ml bottle, the price is very high. However, I haven't tried it in combination With kava. Although, I did try It in combo with another nasty ass herb that starts with a "k" and it helped a ton with nausea.
Its seemed to have MUCH greater effects on other people. Although I wouldn't purchase it again, I have to admit that there were positive effects. Give it a try! Please post the results of your kava-CBD combination. I'd love to hear how it goes

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I've experimented with CBD oil quite a bit. I think the effects highly vary person-to-person. It seems to have no effect on me whatsoever. No relaxation, stress relief, anxiety relief, anything. At $30 per 10ml bottle, the price is very high. However, I haven't tried it in combination With kava. Although, I did try It in combo with another nasty ass herb that starts with a "k" and it helped a ton with nausea.
Its seemed to have MUCH greater effects on other people. Although I wouldn't purchase it again, I have to admit that there were positive effects. Give it a try! Please post the results of your kava-CBD combination. I'd love to hear how it goes
So I've had maybe 3 sprays ( each 2mg) of CBD. Felt more dizziness yesterday but a little less today. BUT developed a slight migraine today after the first dosing this morning. I don't think the CBD relieved anything.
So I've just had a couple shells of 'Ono and I believe my inner anxiety is abating. Still got a background headache but that's normal for me with migraine - and could also possibly be due to benzo withdrawal. I still feel like crap but fairly productive as I attempt to fix up some Xmas lights.
I'll give the CBD a little longer but I'm not loving it as much as kava.

Ethan

Kava Curious
I'm sorry that the CBD isn't doing much for you either. I'm going through some bad ass benzo withdrawals too and I can tell you that kava has helped a TON. But then again, I've been majorly krunked for the last 6 days straight. Stay strong dude, hoping the best for you.
Btw: the CBD I was using was the miracle smoke e-liquid. I was taking .2ML (30mg per ML) hits

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I'm sorry that the CBD isn't doing much for you either. I'm going through some bad ass benzo withdrawals too and I can tell you that kava has helped a TON. But then again, I've been majorly krunked for the last 6 days straight. Stay strong dude, hoping the best for you.
Btw: the CBD I was using was the miracle smoke e-liquid. I was taking .2ML (30mg per ML) hits
The CBD didn't work for you either? I use the 2mg spray. What kava are you using? Dang I wish I could get krunked 6 days straight - then maybe I'd float through the worst of these horrible withdrawal symptoms.

Ethan

Kava Curious
I've also been pretty f*cking nauseous from it. But I've used Malekula Magic, and GHK micronized mo'i mainly. Both of those mixed with (instead of water or milk) 16oz of tea made with 6 bags of yogi teas "kava stress relief". I also do a 1/2 teaspoon of paradise kava extract each time I make a New batch of kava. So many kavalactones that I wasn't able to walk straight to begin with. However, I've officially ruined GHKs micronized strains for myself. Every time I even look at the bags I get flashback nausea (absolutely amazing kava, I just way way way over did it)