What's new

Kava & Drug Interaction Kava and CBD (hemp) oil

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I've also been pretty f*cking nauseous from it. But I've used Malekula Magic, and GHK micronized mo'i mainly. Both of those mixed with (instead of water or milk) 16oz of tea made with 6 bags of yogi teas "kava stress relief". I also do a 1/2 teaspoon of paradise kava extract each time I make a New batch of kava. So many kavalactones that I wasn't able to walk straight to begin with. However, I've officially ruined GHKs micronized strains for myself. Every time I even look at the bags I get flashback nausea (absolutely amazing kava, I just way way way over did it)
Oh that's hitting it way too hard! I need to be functional and relatively focused to work on my (creative) job! Never had nausea and not about to try!!!

blindy107

Kava Lover
Are you using pure CBD @kilakila? In my neck of the woods they sell 1:1 thc:CBD or something close to that. Gives a blunted thc experience. Less racing thoughts and paranoia but still some of the good side of it.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Are you using pure CBD @kilakila? In my neck of the woods they sell 1:1 thc:CBD or something close to that. Gives a blunted thc experience. Less racing thoughts and paranoia but still some of the good side of it.
I'm certainly hoping so! According to the various CBD hemp oil websites, the oil from hemp contains no THC - that's why it's legal and can be sold and delivered anywhere and you don't need a MM card. However its entirely possible I'm getting something that's not pure CBD or there's other contaminants in there that my body doesn't like.
I wish @Deleted User could do some kind of qualitative testing!

blindy107

Kava Lover
Hemp oil isn't quite the same thing. CBD is still technically illegal. Hemp oil is more like a money grab product. Claimed to be as good but really does little to nothing.

Just google "hemp oil CBD" or something to that effect. Lots of new research out there! But regardless, I think if you can get it real CBD could be very beneficial.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Testing is not too difficult, Phenomonex lists three HPLC methods but I really don't have time. You might ask the supplier if they have a COA. Btw, the FDA is not very fond of CBD: http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Regulation/FDA-says-no-to-CBD-in-supplements
Thanks @Deleted User ! I did check the COA from one company - can't remember which one off-hand and everything looked okay to me. Ordered from them so will give that product a try. Interesting article from Nutra, thanks!!

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Supplements I take .Chinese Gensing .CBD both hemp and cannabis sativa/indica .Fish Oil .Multivitamins .Kava .Many herbal teas

I have been taking CBD both hemp/cannabis oils and extracts for around a year and I find the CBD's work best with a small amount of THC. CBD oils that contain very minute amounts are legal in the majority of the US, and can be purchased on etsy.com or a few other vendors. I would recommend AC/DC strain oil, which contains around a ~1:50 ratio of THC/CBD if made properly and is said to synergize with both components. I primarily take CBD to aid inflammation and joint repair after intense workout sessions and while it does not produce any heavy mind body effects like THC will it definitely shows after taking it for awhile, almost like how kavalactones are said build up in your system. Also to note I have never had a bad side effects mixing kava and CBD's, they may even help with the upset stomach that kava can bring up in some people, but I am not a medical professional and these are only my opinions from experience.
I can only order the legal CBD from hemp, not the sort where you need a medical marijuana card. Not desperate enough to go that route!
If I need to keep taking the CBD hemp in order to get effects and get over the headaches then I'm likely going to have to wait until the busy holiday season is over. Got to be in good shape for when my third grandchild is born in February - I'll be babysitting a lot! By then hopefully the benzo shit will be done with

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
It means any chemical isolated sucks in my opinion and experience. Just imagine taking pure kavain .. it's just not gonna work the same way.
It's not because it's from hemp it's because it doesn't have the other cannabinoids and terpenes

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I bought canalytics cannabis testing kit. 150 bucks for kit plus 20 25 tests
Wow! I guess you're a regular cannabis user? I've checked out COAs on a couple of the products I have. All looks ok - at least to my inexperienced mind. No idea what any of it means. I did note however that the products did have a minuscule amount of THC but not enough that the product would need to be a regulated substance, and only available with a mm card

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah its impossible for it to not be there. It's natural in the plant just unnecessary in hemps daily functions.
Like the male cannabis plant. It doesn't need trichomes and sticky resins to catch pollin like the females do. It still has it tho due to its hermaphrodite nature tho. Cannabis' hermaphrodite status leads me to believe that's why it's regarded as the god shiva in India . The balanced male female god.

Yes I am a regular cannabis user, and a regular cannabis chef / chemist

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
It means any chemical isolated sucks in my opinion and experience. Just imagine taking pure kavain .. it's just not gonna work the same way.
It's not because it's from hemp it's because it doesn't have the other cannabinoids and terpenes
So true. Same goes with most supplements when they are isolated and extracted from their original form. However I did note that the COAs did find trace amounts of other cannabinoids and terpenes . Whether it's enough to make a deference, I have no clue!

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah I just allways find sprays to be like ehhh. Idk why just tough to aim or something ... I like dropping the tincture right on my vein under my tongue it burns like hell but oh my do the effects kick in quick . Lol

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Ecspecially when it comes to cannabis being an antispasmodic. Which I assume is what your really going for with benzo wds... like when I quit K@ . Smoking cannabis didnt help at all and actually made it worse oddly, but eating it almost obliterated the wds if they were potent enough. You want sedation not more thc stimulation for sure. I wish they're were more high cbds on the "black market". I would have tons of it and if I could would send you some cbd chocolate that's fully bioavailable . And healthy :)

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Ecspecially when it comes to cannabis being an antispasmodic. Which I assume is what your really going for with benzo wds... like when I quit K***** . Smoking cannabis didnt help at all and actually made it worse oddly, but eating it almost obliterated the wds if they were potent enough. You want sedation not more thc stimulation for sure. I wish they're were more high cbds on the "black market". I would have tons of it and if I could would send you some cbd chocolate that's fully bioavailable . And healthy :)
Anti-spasmodic and anti-anxiety - but the kava helps with the latter! Oh man CBD chocolate sounds freaking wonderful! Not about to start doing anything illegal though! Not quite that desperate - yet....