What's new

Kava & Drug Interaction Kava and CBD (hemp) oil

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Haha don't quote me. But illegal shmegal...
Your going through this because of LEGAL drugs . Doing whatever you can to help your self. You'll be fine. As long as your not a complete idiot the ability to get caught with cannabis is ridiculously low.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Well I'm not gonna lie they look delicious but I have no clue haha. 20 mg is not alot tho. In my opinion the benefit of non thc is the mega dose you should be able to take. This defeats the point

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Thanks for all your help @Mrbinx69!
I have no clue how to get "illegal" cannabis so I'm likely to do something idiotic. Plus my neighbors are both OC sheriffs - which could be a good or a bad thing!
Maybe I'll give the chocolate a try. I'm super sensitive to meds so maybe they'll work for me!
And so so true sadly about legal meds causing all these problems

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah the cbd itself isn't psychoactive in a sense. The thc lends itself to the cbd and back to the thc . Then the terpenes ( smells and tastes) of the cannabis actually attach to the thc and change it structurally so that it binds differently to receptors. While the cbd "follows" the thc and makes sure it doesn't do to much "harm" . I assume there is a similar structure with kava, if we were to breed kava the same way we did cannabis. I'd assume we'd end up with excessivly high kavain and or yangonin and these effects would be very unpleasant while entertaining drug wise like thc to other people. Similar to tuedi but opposite. Probrably a rapid intense kavain rush with lasting Yangonin effects, without enough body high to take it down a notch ... the same way it happens with hash. And I personally find some extracts to have this effect already with kava. Lacking the full experience there can be more insomnia ect.

blindy107

Kava Lover
From my understanding the CBD in hemp oil is vastly inferior in effect to real CBD or a 1:1 CBD:THC. It's just sold as a cool, legal alternative but is more like snake oil. Up here CBD is used in lotions for pain relief, edibles for anti anxiety and pain relief and used as "the great equalizer" to take edge off too intense of a Thc session.

sjn

hi this is my first post and I'm new to kava so bare with me. I have suffered from both server anxitey and also chronic pain. I was due to the amount of pain I was in taking 60mg of oxycodone a day and was still not pain free desperate I trolled the net and came across cbd oil I was highly suspicious as to whether it was yet another snake oil and in the UK it's very expensive.

Any way I decided to give it a try and ordered a bottle, I took it and at first I felt no effects from it, as it cost me so much I carried on taking it daily after about 5 days I woke up and instead of waking up due to the pain, I just woke up naturally and had no pain what's so ever, I have continued with it and am now only on shirt release oxycodone for break through pain, it's helped my back pain. It has reduced my anxitey slightly but I have alot of anxitey but it has helped. I also drink hemp tea which is very relaxing when made right and helps me with regards insomnia.

I have recently also discovered kava and is absoultly amazing for helping my anxitey it's the only thing other than benzodiazepines which has helped significantly, I'm still experimenting with kava and it's given me hope.

I take cbd oil and hemp tea daily and have had no negative interaction with kava if anything the hemp and kava seem to compliment each other and add to lowering my anxitey. For me taking cbd oil and kava has been fine but everyone's bodies are different. I have read not everyone has the right receptors for the cbd (endocannibodial system) and in others we need it activating. Keep on with the cbd oil it's to expensive to waste it won't do you harm but may just need a bit longer to work.

Both cbd oil and kava have been godsend to me and have started to give me my life back nature's wonderful.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
hi this is my first post and I'm new to kava so bare with me. I have suffered from both server anxitey and also chronic pain. I was due to the amount of pain I was in taking 60mg of oxycodone a day and was still not pain free desperate I trolled the net and came across cbd oil I was highly suspicious as to whether it was yet another snake oil and in the UK it's very expensive.

Any way I decided to give it a try and ordered a bottle, I took it and at first I felt no effects from it, as it cost me so much I carried on taking it daily after about 5 days I woke up and instead of waking up due to the pain, I just woke up naturally and had no pain what's so ever, I have continued with it and am now only on shirt release oxycodone for break through pain, it's helped my back pain. It has reduced my anxitey slightly but I have alot of anxitey but it has helped. I also drink hemp tea which is very relaxing when made right and helps me with regards insomnia.

I have recently also discovered kava and is absoultly amazing for helping my anxitey it's the only thing other than benzodiazepines which has helped significantly, I'm still experimenting with kava and it's given me hope.

I take cbd oil and hemp tea daily and have had no negative interaction with kava if anything the hemp and kava seem to compliment each other and add to lowering my anxitey. For me taking cbd oil and kava has been fine but everyone's bodies are different. I have read not everyone has the right receptors for the cbd (endocannibodial system) and in others we need it activating. Keep on with the cbd oil it's to expensive to waste it won't do you harm but may just need a bit longer to work.

Both cbd oil and kava have been godsend to me and have started to give me my life back nature's wonderful.
Thanks! My situation is very similar to yours. Other than that my pain is not so severe. Just ongoing chronic tightness that is fatiguing to deal with daily. If I hadn't developed a nasty migraine immediately after taking the CBD oil I would have continued - along with my usual kava. Migraine has gone now and if I have a couple of free days next week, I'll try to CBD again!
All the best for your continued good health!
Bula!!