What's new

Kava and sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyThere

Kava Curious
Hey we're all adults here so let me be blunt and hopefully this is not against the terms of service here (I'm new.)
I have a question about Kava.
1. Is there anything you've observed about Kava and sex, specifically does it help sex, make it more difficult, more pleasurable, or no effec?
2. Do you think Kava might lower your sex drive if you use it a lot?
3. Is Kava a help or hindrance to men's erections.
Very eager to learn more...

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
kava-sex.jpg

You'll actually hear varying reports from people. There may be some factors at play, such as, dosage, variety, how deep into your buzz you are. I lean toward saying it makes you sluggish, disinterested and difficult to 'achieve'.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
The Queen considers my judgement to be impaired, in regards to my ability to consent, when I am under the influence of kava. I respect her discretion in this manner, and thus keep Kastom by not mixing kava and sex.

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
I am drinking Kava daily for nearly 5 years now and have totally lost any sex desire. The sex drive didn't come back when I stopped drinking for 10 days. Maybe it would need a longer break, but I am really frightened that the sex drive is gone forever...

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
lets try this from a common sense point of view.
If you drink so much of it that you go to jello in your bed and fall asleep...what else do ya think is going to go to jello and fall asleep? ::awesomesmiles::

A little goes a long way. Remember this motto.... "Moderation makes it Memorable" (y)

HeyThere

Kava Curious
I am drinking Kava daily for nearly 5 years now and have totally lost any sex desire. The sex drive didn't come back when I stopped drinking for 10 days. Maybe it would need a longer break, but I am really frightened that the sex drive is gone forever...
This is my concern in investigating kava. I'm using it a bit as a test for headaches, and also with another idea in mind.

I have noticed this effect with many plant substances and I can assure you it comes back. This is a concern of mine with kava and a reason (one of several) that I won't consume it very often except for specific reasons...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17698891
While not exactly on point, it kind of is...the largest phytoestrogen concentration were found in Kava extracts. I realize that is not how we consume kava here, but I believe that kava probably contains agents that are potent phytoestrogens.

This means that it can throw off the hormone balance, it may seem to lower testosterone which influences sex drive but it probably only raises the effective estrogens in the body...so things will come back when you stop using kava, it may take a few months though.

D

Deleted User01

There are several "bones" of contention here. First off, do all Kavas effect sex drive or do the ones with higher levels of Kavain or dare I say, the heady ones NOT DO THAT. Perhaps the ones with higher doses of the doubled bonded Kavalactones have more of a negative impact on sex drive because of the sedation. Also, as you get older, it is probably better for men to have less sex drive and you "married" guys know why. So please, no crying from the oldsters. I read one study where they said that Kava can help men because "it relaxes them" and helps to wash away all of the manly stressful things that send us to the grave early. Let me throw this out there. People who take Kava have lots of other problems and those problems may be hurting their sex life more than the kava. Here is another one, did taking Marijuana every hurt your sex drive? (hell no) How about alcohol? (that's why you had to get married in the first place :D ). More food for thought ...

P.S. The word that starts with an M is Ganja, MariFuFu, Weed, Herb, Yerba, Pot, Da Stuff, etc. It gets snuffed out to discourage potheads, stoners, Blunt Stokers, Brownie Bakers, Dopers, and other malcontents from coming in here looking for "da stuff".

Last edited by a moderator:

HeyThere

Kava Curious
There are several "bones" of contention here. First off, do all Kavas effect sex drive or do the ones with higher levels of Kavain or dare I say, the heady ones NOT DO THAT. Perhaps the ones with higher doses of the doubled bonded Kavalactones have more of a negative impact on sex drive because of the sedation. Also, as you get older, it is probably better for men to have less sex drive and you "married" guys know why. So please, no crying from the oldsters. I read one study where they said that Kava can help men because "it relaxes them" and helps to wash away all of the manly stressful things that send us to the grave early. Let me throw this out there. People who take Kava have lots of other problems and those problems may be hurting their sex life more than the kava. Here is another one, did taking m******** every hurt your sex drive? (hell no) How about alcohol? (that's why you had to get married in the first place :D ). More food for thought ...

P.S. The word that starts with an M is Ganja, MariFuFu, Weed, Herb, Yerba, Pot, Da Stuff, etc. It gets snuffed out to discourage potheads, stoners, Blunt Stokers, Brownie Bakers, Dopers, and other malcontents from coming in here looking for "da stuff".
More of a boner of contention :woot:

I agree it may not be a problem. Just want to find out more.

D

Deleted User01

Now, Now, there are ladies in this forum but they are all good sports. Fortunately, they know better than to venture into these type of posts.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Rhubarb root is used to treat hot flashes and menopause symptoms. It would be interesting to compare the two and see if kava would be more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.