What's new

Kava available in Australia

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Another vendor - I've taken a punt on 500g.

Semi expensive gamble, how long does shipping take to AU on average?

I also can't help but to notice that image on the home page looks like Chinese kava but I hope I am wrong.. (it could just be a stock photo)

BLK.Matt

Blue Lagoon Kava
Australian Importer
Please feel free to try our kava: we currently have a kava starter kit available which includes 1kg + bilo + strainer. The kava on offer is cultivar 'Loa Kasa Leka' from Bua, Fiji.

We are working on providing more products and hope to stock some Vanuatu kava very soon.

We are located in Sydney and ship via express post.

www.bluelagoonkava.com.au
IMG_20220208_174526.jpg

Last edited:

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast

I also can't help but to notice that image on the home page looks like Chinese kava but I hope I am wrong.. (it could just be a stock photo)
It's an Australian registered company shipping from within Australia, so I'm assuming (hoping!) it's legit.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

I have a strong feeling they're probably going to see lots of things like that as this pilot builds up steam. Vendors are clamoring over each other to get in the game, and a few copy and paste jobs are definitely to be expected in the labeling department :)

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I have a strong feeling they're probably going to see lots of things like that as this pilot builds up steam. Vendors are clamoring over each other to get in the game, and a few copy and paste jobs are definitely to be expected in the labeling department :)
I would hate to see shortcuts in the quality department but I hear yah.

At least we have a good bunch of members keeping score! :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I would hate to see shortcuts in the quality department but I hear yah.
Per the pilot program at first every single shipment that a vendor imports will have been tested by biosecurity or whatever they're called in AUS. If they pass all the tests, then it goes down to 50% of all shipments inspected and so on.

Likely if they get poor quality kava it will just be really weak, unlike our poor quality US kavas of the past that could easily make you blow chunks, lol.

At least we have a good bunch of members keeping score! :)
100% Agree.
Only but one of the great reasons to have our new Australian members!

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
Only but one of the great reasons to have our new Australian members!
and the old Aussie members who have been lurking and learning forever also :giggle: can confirm on the biosecurity thing and also if we try and import ourselves and it gets caught, ya get flagged. 100% of my kava got nabbed after the first one was caught, even stuff coming from inside Aus (before the pilot). gave up trying pretty quick.
I've had plenty of weak Kavas in Aus, a few bulked with flour, but never come across a tudei.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
This will be my next purchase I reckon!
I'd love to hear about this one, blown out my kava budget and just waiting to see if it's fairly strong before purchase since it's the full kilo. Looks like chemotype is 462351, which I reckon would make it in the range of the Loa Waka, one of my faves from KWK. Review quick when you get it for my sake? ::ooooohhhhz::

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
and the old Aussie members who have been lurking and learning forever also :giggle: can confirm on the biosecurity thing and also if we try and import ourselves and it gets caught, ya get flagged. 100% of my kava got nabbed after the first one was caught, even stuff coming from inside Aus (before the pilot). gave up trying pretty quick.
I've had plenty of weak Kavas in Aus, a few bulked with flour, but never come across a tudei.
Ohhh yes, and our long time Aussie members! Glad you're finally getting your day in the sun with some probably way better kava than you've had in the past. I don't know who's partnered up with Forney Enterprises, or PSL over in AUS, but that would be one worth hunting down. If I find out first I'll let you know.

BLK.Matt

Blue Lagoon Kava
Australian Importer
Ohhh yes, and our long time Aussie members! Glad you're finally getting your day in the sun with some probably way better kava than you've had in the past. I don't know who's partnered up with Forney Enterprises, or PSL over in AUS, but that would be one worth hunting down. If I find out first I'll let you know.
Hey guys, we have been in lengthy discussions with PSL for a while and may be placing an order with them soon.

Will keep you posted

Matt

Please feel free to try our kava: we currently have a kava starter kit available which includes 1kg + bilo + strainer. The kava on offer is cultivar 'Loa Kasa Leka' from Bua, Fiji.

We are working on providing more products and hope to stock some Vanuatu kava very soon.

Hi BLK.Matt,

Just wanted let you know I have placed an order on your site, I liked the look of it over all others so I thought I would give it a shot - looking forward to giving it a go !

BLK.Matt

Blue Lagoon Kava
Australian Importer
Hi BLK.Matt,

Just wanted let you know I have placed an order on your site, I liked the look of it over all others so I thought I would give it a shot - looking forward to giving it a go !
Great! Auspost seems to be doing well lately so you should receive it pretty quickly. Look forward to getting some feedback

Matt

Terkon

View attachment 12402
About to place my order. What's the difference between the $219 and $229 option. Is it just the strainers? Any difference in the product in terms of packaging date, source etc.?

BLK.Matt

Blue Lagoon Kava
Australian Importer
About to place my order. What's the difference between the $219 and $229 option. Is it just the strainers? Any difference in the product in terms of packaging date, source etc.?
Hey Mate
The kava is the same, the difference is whether you want the strainer + bilo (coconut cup) with it. I'm sure you will enjoy it . Looking forward to your feedback.

Matt

BLK.Matt

Blue Lagoon Kava
Australian Importer
@BLK.Matt I just read a review from Reddit and the person was very happy with your kava.

I just put in my order, lookingforward to receiving it soon! Will give some feedback once it arrives!
Hey mate
Yeah I saw that review. Our farmer kept telling us that the Kava will sell itself and he is a man of his word. I look forward to your feedback. Enjoy!

Matt