What's new

Kava available in Australia

So it seems like kava enthusiasts like to have a few different kavas on hand for different occasions, like how you might have a beer for the footy and a wine with your dinner

I didn't expect to dive this head first into it, but I have a kg bag of the blue lagoon at the post office to pick up tomorrow, and I also quickly jumped in and placed an order at Paul's for 1kg since they restocked.

From reports both are favoured for different properties, and I can see how I might like to use either for varying situations. Needless to say, when the Paul's rocks up I will then have 2kg of kava on me which seems like quite a lot (to me) but I suspect it will last me some time.

I am a night shift worker and I often use melatonin tablets to help me get to sleep .. I am hoping that kava might replace that while offering a bit more on the side.

I don't drink any more, but from time to time I wouldn't mind a bit of "enhancement" in my life, and it seems like the blue lagoon will be very good for that, whereas the Paul's might be slightly better for sleep

I tried kava one time about 15 years ago and it was a bit of some harmless fun with friends, but I can hardly remember the experience. I am looking forward to trying it again this weekend, and I will be sure to let you all know my amateur point of view!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey Mate
Definitely - we are working on it. We aren't 100% decided but we are thinking 500g, 250g and 100g would be good. Open to suggestions!
That's pretty much standard on the US side (1 lb, 1/2 lb, and 1/4 lb). Good portions. Makes me really wish the US used the metric system.

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
Just tested out blue.lagoon kava.

2TBSP in the Aluball shaker. It's really good stuff, much more potent/intense than BiloVinaka and quite a bit strong than Green Gold.

It's kinda euphoric, and is calming/slowing me down without feeling lethargic or sleepy. Very very nice feeling.

Out of the 3 kavas I have tried, this is my favourite. Going to up the dose tomorrow,.hope it's not too potent!

Out of the 3 kavas I have tried, this is my favourite. Going to up the dose tomorrow,.hope it's not too potent!
I have just posted my own review of the Blue Lagoon kava in its own thread in this forum, I thought it might make it more easily discoverable for anybody out there who is looking ... I am interested to hear how you go with your further experiences, but I can say I definitely love this stuff !

BLK.Matt

Blue Lagoon Kava
Australian Importer
Just tested out blue.lagoon kava.

2TBSP in the Aluball shaker. It's really good stuff, much more potent/intense than BiloVinaka and quite a bit strong than Green Gold.

It's kinda euphoric, and is calming/slowing me down without feeling lethargic or sleepy. Very very nice feeling.

Thankyou for your feedback. It really encourages us to seek the best quality kava we can - we have alot of kava drinking to catch up on is Australia.

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
Pre order available at El Manaro!

Oh this is good news! Looking forward to some reviews if anyone hops on it!

Agador

Today is only yesterday's tomorrow
FijiKava review and conment

Rarely has a kava been so overhyped and under delivered.in terms of quality. it’s hard to believe the marketing and packaging effort put into this product. You would think a quality kava would not be too hard to source in Fiji, but apparently it must be! the powder is micronised as in dust. it smells like the old forney enterprises instant kava but sadly is not even a mere shadow of that quality product. Three tablespoons mixed produced an acidic muddy throat leaching drink which only just stimulates the cerebral - if at all. What a waste and for $200 a kilo it’s definitely ‘caveat emptor’ My hard earned advice is to wait for reviews before investing your hard earned on kava from a supplier you are not familiar with.

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast

Rarely has a kava been so overhyped and under delivered.in terms of quality. it’s hard to believe the marketing and packaging effort put into this product. You would think a quality kava would not be too hard to source in Fiji, but apparently it must be! the powder is micronised as in dust. it smells like the old forney enterprises instant kava but sadly is not even a mere shadow of that quality product. Three tablespoons mixed produced an acidic muddy throat leaching drink which only just stimulates the cerebral - if at all. What a waste and for $200 a kilo it’s definitely ‘caveat emptor’ My hard earned advice is to wait for reviews before investing your hard earned on kava from a supplier you are not familiar with.
So you liked it? Or...

I mixed some half and half with a proper medium grind, traditional prep - worked quite well actually, definitely took that weird perfumey smell/taste away!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

Did the bag have a contact email address on it? I want to talk to them about this product.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
what is the best way to review these kavas so they're grouped for others aussies to find? a special tag? or just reply to this thread?
getting pretty excited seeing all these new products popping up for sale. can't wait to try them alllll. don't burn any more of my kava, customs ::madmadfacez::
Here :)

Anyone else that reviewed someone on this thread, feel free to recreate another more detailed review on that forum.

Last edited:

Space Cat

Hey, I'm a newbie here! I bought some kava pills from a nutrient shop last week (Great Earth). I was in the middle of a horrible anxiety episode. For two days the pills helped, but now that I'm out of the anxiety they do absolutely nothing. So I ordered the real thing from two suppliers, another one from Pauls liquor and another from Kings kava. But after reading some comments on this forum, I'm hesitant about Kings kava now. Hopefully they come soon, so I can work anxiety-free on the weekend.

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Borogu from Vanuatu, decent options re weights as well: