What's new

Kava available in Australia

Thought I'd start a thread for known sources to buy kava from in Australia, now that commercial imports are allowed. Known vendors so far:

https://fijikava.com/collections/noble-kava-root-powder - taking pre orders for delivery in January 2022, $200 per kg. I would expect Chemist Warehouse to begin stocking the powder, as they do the capsules, at a hugely marked down price (eg 60 caps are $20 in CW, compared to $60 direct from Fijikava).

https://www.facebook.com/KavaCalmAustralia - taking pre-orders, but not payments. Don't know what the price will be, but having ordered from them before from NZ, should be comparable at around $150 per kg.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B08LD4Q269/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_glt_i_5SG03KWG7209SYY2ZFQ0
The first vendor on Amazon to ship from Australia!

Tongan kava, shipped from Brisbane. I might give the 100g/$30 a crack and report back. Hope their family and friends are safe and well after the tsunami that hit...

Online booze shop, might not be some people's preferred choice, but there you go!

I feel like we're close to the point where we'll be able to go to a local shop and grab some..! There's a Fijian supermarket in Newtown, Sydney - I'm going to pay them a visit soonish (I'm in Queensland right now), see what they have.

Anyone know of any others?
Fiji Kava Importers. We are in adelaide

Attachments

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
My Tongan came, looks and smells like a good kava...fresh, light, and not at all offensive, reminds me of some of the easy-drinking Hawaiians. Got a reasonable colour for second wash too. Have a feeling it's going to be a heady one...I get RT switching strains but often can glean an 'energetic imprint' from first tests haha

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
My Tongan came, looks and smells like a good kava...fresh, light, and not at all offensive, reminds me of some of the easy-drinking Hawaiians. Got a reasonable colour for second wash too. Have a feeling it's going to be a heady one...I get RT switching strains but often can glean an 'energetic imprint' from first tests haha
Great to hear man! I'm so bummed I ran out of Amazon kava in 6 days lol.

Four another vendor for Lami Kava...I have heard some great things about Lami.

The website is terrible to navigate through:

Just search kava. For some reason I can't copy the link with the search results. And the music is annoying because it starts every time you click a link lol

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast

Just search kava. For some reason I can't copy the link with the search results. And the music is annoying because it starts every time you click a link lol
great detective work!! i'll be checking that out pronto.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast

Had a bit of back and forth with the vendor today, seems a nice guy and very responsive. They're a wholesaler but great news for you folks in NSW: they're selling through Foodworks and IGA there. The Lami stock is coming in mid Feb so expect it will be avail same time as Wakanavu.

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
My apologies @Nodsey , I really need to work on using gender neutral language when I'm not sure.

The kava from Paul's booze is arriving later today, will leave a little review after I try it :)

What did you think of it? Any good?

Can't wait until we got even more reviews and vendors to add to our Aussie list!

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
My apologies @Nodsey , I really need to work on using gender neutral language when I'm not sure.

The kava from Paul's booze is arriving later today, will leave a little review after I try it :)

What did you think of it? Any good?

Can't wait until we got even more reviews and vendors to add to our Aussie list!
Lol I confess I made the same assumption!

I haven't given the new kavas a proper go yet, will try get into them this week...

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Paul's selling 1kg now, $220:

Fijikava is still the cheapest option so far (with the 15% discount). But also seemingly non existent as yet!

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
Paul's selling 1kg now, $220:

Fijikava is still the cheapest option so far (with the 15% discount). But also seemingly non existent as yet!
I tried the booze kava last night, it felt quite a bit stronger than the BiloVinaka kava I tried the other week.
Could be reverse tolerance at play though...

As for cheapest....I think El Manaro is the cheapest at 143 per KG. However, I have not factored in shipping no idea how much that would cost

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
after a couple days of testing Paul's out, I think it's going to be quite a good kava. I don't expect to feel full effects yet so take that with a grain of salt; but preliminary effects seem reasonably balanced and good longevity (3 hrs). Tastes light and fresh, as you'd expect with a quality Fijian, intensely dehydrating tho (you know those kavas that suck all the liquid out of your mouth?!) Mild headache, no nausea.
In addition, post arrived very quickly, too. I like this better than the Tongan (so far).
Also; man is totally okay. We're a man and bruh kinda household, applies whatever the gender of addressee. ;)

Agador

Today is only yesterday's tomorrow
Hey, just got back from Coles. The 50g bags Of fijikava are half price special for $8! That = $160 kg if you buy 20 packets. Don’t forget if they have sold out you can ask for a ‘rain check ‘ for up to 5 packets. Half price until Tuesday 8th Feb.
Go get em guys! (y)

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
Hey, just got back from Coles. The 50g bags Of fijikava are half price special for $8! That = $160 kg if you buy 20 packets. Don’t forget if they have sold out you can ask for a ‘rain check ‘ for up to 5 packets. Half price until Tuesday 8th Feb.
Go get em guys! (y)
Good looking out @Agador ! So much for preordering to be the first in Aus to receive the kava lol.

Did you try it out yet? Any good?

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Go get em guys! (y)
My local sold out! If Coles have it, Chemist Warehouse are a good shout as well....