What's new

Kava plant

Plantman

Kava Curious
That poyenzhfield kava plant was too good to be true:(
Real kava plant from europe only 20€. I were quite sure it is piper excelsium when I read the description of it. This is second nursery so far... First one sold piper auritum.
This hawaiian seller that I was informed of is hard to contact because he doesnt use emails.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah, I got ahold of the guy Chris recomended and I don't know if I got him while he was sleeping (?island time?) Idk but he wasn't very nice lmao and said he was not interested in sending cuttings to the mainland. I texted him after mentioning my price ect. As he didn't even give me a chance to make my offer :(.... why is it so tough to find someone willing to sell me a kava plant :( or cutting

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
These guys sell it.
Hello, I am gardener from northern Europe. has been nice to read this forum now and then.
I have been looking for live kava plant for years now. I once ordered one "piper methysticum" cutting from one nursery. It spouted after 2 months and grows wery wery well. Its 7 months old now, wery healthy and good looking house plant. Too bad its piper auritum:(. Dominant midveins in leafs, smels like rootbeer.
I think many people could benefit from the anti-stress effect of kava in Europe if it would be more available. It really would be a better choice than alcohol when it comes to feeling relaxed and getting good restful sleep:happy:.
Any idea where from to BUY kava cutting ?
These guys sell it http://www.undakava.com/store/p10/Hawaiian_Kava_Plants.html @Unda Kava

wassie

Chris Wass
Congratulations on obtaining a plant, Best of luck :) Unfortunately they don't seem to ship to the UK (Won't let me continue with a UK delivery address) probably because the Kava ban in the UK is a little unclear as Kava is banned for human consumption however I don't think this applies to live plants? Unsure, looks like I'll have to keep looking.

Last edited:

wassie

Chris Wass
That sucks if I could help I would but you'd be paying aloooot for a ship here then to UK Ecspecially overnight being a plant
That would be truly fantastic if you'd be willing to do that for me :) I'd cover what ever costs required to ensure the plant reaches you and then me as quickly and as healthy as possible.
I wouldn't mind if it stayed with you a while in order to give the plant a break and some rest before you shipped it out to me which ever would be less stressful for the plant.
Thank you for suggesting this I'm extremely greatful.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Plantman

Kava Curious
I wonder are those undakava plants big enough that it is possible to take cuttings from them? What is the best way to root kava cuttings?

wassie

Chris Wass
Oh so you decided not to go ahead with buying one due to price or difficulty growing or something fair dues dude everyone has there reasons.

Just wish there was someway to get one into the UK but I doubt that's ever going to happen I've lost count how many times I've trawled through the net in search of someone who ships here :/

And many thanks Ligermeat [emoji14] pretty sure it's a picture off of a brand of hydroponics nutrients I can recall them having loads of similar pictures there Graphic Artist clearly has some skills.! :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Oh so you decided not to go ahead with buying one due to price or difficulty growing or something fair dues dude everyone has there reasons.

Just wish there was someway to get one into the UK but I doubt that's ever going to happen I've lost count how many times I've trawled through the net in search of someone who ships here :/

And many thanks Ligermeat [emoji14] pretty sure it's a picture off of a brand of hydroponics nutrients I can recall them having loads of similar pictures there Graphic Artist clearly has some skills.! :)

Haha so it's not a kava plant? I totally thought that was a kava plant :wacky:.

wassie

Chris Wass
Haha nahh it's not any plant in particular dude it's just like some psychedelic looking vector graphic pretty sure it's for there Root growth boosting nutrient lol

Instantly reminded me of Kava too with the cool looking root system, loved the image made it my picture. It's a picture of a plant with roots and looks cool and well that's enough to remind me of Kava [emoji14]